The VG Resource
Game cast- No new character suggestions - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: Game cast- No new character suggestions (/thread-7716.html)

RE: Game cast- vote here - Alpha Six - 09-11-2009

Also, Slippy is annoying as hell and is easily the shittiest member of team, and does nothing but show boss health. Krystal actually has abilities that make her a fighter.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Kriven - 09-11-2009

Slippy is an CP controlled Ally in a stage in Assault when you infilitrate Wolf's Base. That makes him a fieldman. However, I do not support his being a playable character, Krystal is the best choice IMO.

(09-11-2009, 11:28 AM)Kriven Wrote: Slippy is an CP controlled Ally in a stage in Assault when you infilitrate Wolf's Base. That makes him a fieldman.
EVERYBODY in Assault can be played on the field. That doesn't mean that you want to. Slippy's stats suck outside of vehicles; the only reason you'd want to pick him is because he's got skills with a tank.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Negative-Zer0 - 09-11-2009

(09-11-2009, 03:01 PM)Tyvon Wrote:
(09-11-2009, 11:28 AM)Kriven Wrote: Slippy is an CP controlled Ally in a stage in Assault when you infilitrate Wolf's Base. That makes him a fieldman.
EVERYBODY in Assault can be played on the field. That doesn't mean that you want to. Slippy's stats suck outside of vehicles; the only reason you'd want to pick him is because he's got skills with a tank.

(09-11-2009, 11:28 AM)Kriven Wrote: However, I do not support his being a playable character, Krystal is the best choice IMO.

I read that. I'm just further proving my point.

RE: Game cast- vote here - MaverickETC - 09-12-2009

Sorta Off-topic I guess:
Back on topic:
I still think Tails should be in. At first it was because of obvious reasons *Looks at title*. But I noticed that some of the SEGA characters haven't even appeared on Nintendo consoles, excluding NiGHTS, AiAi, Billy Hatcher, Beat, and probably some others I forgot about. Out of those that have, I think Tails comes out on top as far as popularity and fighting ability (It'd much easier to come up with some ideas for Tails. He does enough to steer him away from being a Sonic clone as well Genki ^_^.)

For Konami, I agree with Simon Belmont. Castlevania has more of a history with Nintendo. If not Simon, then probably Sparkster. Those are the only two I can think of. Konami doesn't have much else popular to use (Silent Hill, Dance Dance Revolution, Contra), unless you include Hudson Soft since they're a subsidiary. Then you could use Bomberman.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Koopaul - 09-12-2009

I don't think Krystal is a worthy character because of her popularity and abilities. Rather her ROLE in the series. She's Fox's love interest a driving point in the plot of the Star Fox games. That's why she is worthy. I don't choose characters based on popularity or if think they'd be a good fighter, I choose them because they are important to the series. That's what matters.

Of course before I decide what characters are worthy of being on a roster I have to decide how many characters a franchise deserves to have. This (to me) is always relative to the amount of characters another franchise already has. A more important franchise is always entitled to more characters than a less important one. However how many more characters one franchise has from another should be equal to how much more important that franchise is. Basically even a lesser franchise will have to have more characters if a greater one continues to add more. The more characters one series has, the more insignificant another series seems that only has one character.

However this does not apply to a series that cannot have more characters due to a relatively low cast. This can and should be compensated by other means if necessary.

So how does one decide if "Franchise A" deserves two, three, or four more characters than "Franchise B"? Well I'm no authority but I can safely say it cannot be decided on fanbase alone. We should all be aware of how ignorant and foolish a fanbase can be. With their insane fan girls and such. No, the importance of a franchise has to do with their history mostly and somewhat how Nintendo themselves sees and handles the series. I'd say only 25% of character decision should be based on popularity.

25% Fans
75% Greater scale of things

RE: Game cast- vote here - Negative-Zer0 - 09-12-2009

You mean if a character has all the requirements to become a playable but is denied because he isn't "popular" or another series has too many un-needed characters?

I not complaining or anything, but i think the roster needs to be looked over.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Koopaul - 09-12-2009

Well no series has to have a set number of characters. I'm saying that if a series is only a little bit better than another it shouldn't have a million more characters.

Basically saying, Mario and Pokemon are equally important to Nintendo therefor they should have an equal number of characters, right? Seems fair. But what if one franchise is NOT more important than another, does it deserve more characters. I wouldn't think so.

That's basically why I was pushing Goroh so much. NOT because I like F-Zero (infact I don't own a single F-Zero game) and not because I felt F-Zero NEEDED more characters, but because I felt that F-Zero wasn't THAT far behind Mother. I could live with Mother having twice as many F-Zero characters, but not FOUR times as many.

But it doesn't matter now anyway. The proper characters will get in eventually with updates.

RE: Game cast- vote here - HyperSonic92 - 09-14-2009

Speaking of Pokemon, can I suggest Meowth as a playable character?

RE: Game cast- vote here - nicktheslayer - 09-14-2009

Uhh... What does he do besides scratch and throw coins at you?

(09-14-2009, 01:20 PM)nicktheslayer Wrote: Uhh... What does he do besides scratch and throw coins at you?
They can do like they did with Capt. Falcon and invent some new moves for him

RE: Game cast- vote here - Negative-Zer0 - 09-14-2009

They have no creative license over Meowth, they cant just create a moveset from scratch.

RE: Game cast- vote here - nicktheslayer - 09-14-2009

(09-14-2009, 01:20 PM)HyperSonic92 Wrote:
(09-14-2009, 01:20 PM)nicktheslayer Wrote: Uhh... What does he do besides scratch and throw coins at you?

True, but i think we have enough pokemon.

Id like to see them bring him back though, as a Pokeball.

Also, Onix and Snorlax were cool items, but thats kinda off topic.

(09-14-2009, 01:24 PM)nicktheslayer Wrote:
(09-14-2009, 01:20 PM)HyperSonic92 Wrote:

True, but i think we have enough pokemon.

Id like to see them bring him back though, as a Pokeball.

Also, Onix and Snorlax were cool items, but thats kinda off topic.
Meowth was in Brawl as a Pokeball.