The VG Resource
Game cast- No new character suggestions - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: Game cast- No new character suggestions (/thread-7716.html)

RE: Game cast- vote here - Ton - 08-30-2009

(08-29-2009, 03:20 PM)Black Boo Wrote: That crossed my mind as I was leaving earlier.

I say we just go and sprite all the characters from previous games, then we make a PLANNING DISCUSSION topic for new characters so everyon gets a say and we can all agree on something, be it with a whole load of fantasy smash characters or close to none. Can we at least agree on this plan?

BTW I was just playing around with that roster, and it wasn't even near correct as I forgot a bunch of people and left in one that shouldn't have been in there.

I'm glad this is back on track, but I just wanted to say that this is pretty much exactly how the project has evolved so far. I don't want to take a step back at this point.

And Koopaul, i'm not single-handedly deciding the roster. I've gotten a lot of input from people at the forum, I just didn't use EVERYONE's input.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Black Boo - 08-30-2009

(08-29-2009, 07:30 PM)Teeks Wrote:
(08-29-2009, 07:27 PM)koopaul Wrote: Hm I don't see why Ton is the only one to decide this.

It was his idea in the first place?

Also, he isn't. There is a poll you can vote in right now Smile

Certainly seems like he's the only one deciding.

And Lolo, Goroh, Nayru, and all the other characters that you keep telling off were proposed WAY before the poll started, so I don't see why the poll didn't include them. Oh wait, it's because Ton CHOSE NOT TO. >_>

All that aside I like the DLC idea, that way we can add in characters as we wish for as long as we wish. That way everyone wins, no? It gives the players a choice on the matter of who they want, and when they want them. Much more liberty for EVERYONE that way. And as an added bonus, it will add on the replayability.

@Ton: Sorry we're being annoying, we just don't get to seem to get along well. Embarassed Anyway, that's not what it looks like now. Right now it seems pretty chaotic in these topics, and when you say that roster's final, well it's bound to start arguments. That's why I'm agreeing with the DLC options, having all the new cast that have been proposed downloadable whenever the player wants. That way we can sprite the main cast and do the new guys in our spare time. That way everyone will be happy, and it will settle these little disputes once and for all, along with stopping our split focus on new and old.

HOWEVER, we would need a quality control on the characters let in, such as only those good enough for the Fantasy Smash Project. Then we have a quality control on the sprites. That should weed out any possibilities of poor casting. At least take these ideas into consideration. I'm sure it will make everyone happy.

EDIT: Same should go for new stages.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Ekoi - 08-30-2009

Everyone:

Stop talking about DLC and that your fangasmic minor-characters didn't make it into the poll, as if you keep fucking lingering on this bullshit, you're only inhibiting the progress of this project.

DLC should only be considered AFTER-

-hold on, let me use big text to get your attention...

EXTRA DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT SHOULD ONLY BE CONSIDERED AFTER WE RELEASE THE FINAL PRODUCT.

Also, on the topic of Ton:
He has been very considerate with his decisions about the roster and poll. The fact that he's put up with so much shit from some up to this point shows how much he cares about this project. If you don't like some of the executive-decisions that he's made, then either you had better have a fucking solid case for your reasoning, or you can man-up and deal with it. If you can't understand by now that not everyone is going to get what they want, then you should prolly take a step outside the metaphorical office and rethink your shit.

(08-30-2009, 02:01 PM)Ekoi Wrote: THE FINAL PRODUCT.

Final product being what exactly? If we want this project to go smoothy, said final product should be ONLY THE OFFICIAL CHARACTERS, nothing more, nothing less. Then we focus on fantasy downloadables.

I'm done now. Fuck it. I'm done. I'm putting forth ideas that will STOP this argument and make everyone happier. T_T

RE: Game cast- vote here - Alpha Six - 08-30-2009

Good, now shut up. Christ.

I love how I try and help and I'm told to shut up. Rolleyes

RE: Game cast- vote here - Teeks - 08-30-2009

Look, the final product is going to include past characters and the new characters which have already been decided upon. All other fantasy characters will be DLC if we even implement that. It won't be a final product of just past characters. Accept the fact that things have already been mostly worked out, you're all just complaining about certain characters who have no business being considered that you want considered. The roster is almost final.

Just everybody stop complaining and arguing and start making something. We can't have any product without sprites to go in it. You all are dwelling on the little stupid things and it's getting us no where.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Kriven - 08-30-2009

Right, so, back to helping within the guidelines of the undecided roster.

First post says a FE character is being looked for. And I do like the idea of including Micaiah, however Lyndis is higher up in the mind of FE fans (not mine, but I'm a Micaiah fan >.>;)

I'm not all that great at character spriting, but if Micaiah is in it might be cool to also include Sothe in a play style similar to Zelda/Sheik. In FE you can "Rescue" a weak ally by picking them up with another unit. Micaiah's up B could have Sothe performing this "Rescue" action. Just an idea, since Sothe is just as important as Micaiah herself, has a larger fanbase, and is cool.

But other alternatives (as put forward by the FE fans I talk to) are:

Lyndis (FE7)
Eliwood (In the place of Roy) [FE7]
Hector (FE7}
Sigerd or whoever he is with the chin (FE4)
Black Knight (PoR and RD)

I'm liking Ton's idea of a character, as she uses magic, and is female, so she'll balance out the FE cast quite nicely.

EDIT: Ffffffffffffffff I need to learn to completey read posts >.<

I think the changing to another character at will gimmick should be exclusive to Zelda/Sheik. Micaiah should just be herself.

Pokemon Trainer has that gimmick too, but that's beside the point.

Right but there's three of them.

I think Micaiah should be more of a tactical character who uses magic and isn't so good with hand to hand combat. I also think she should be the first and only character with a healing move. But it wouldn't be a move you could spam, it should be a move that builds up over time and doesn't heal a whole lot, but it is there and adds an extra bit of strategy to playing as her and using it when you think would be the best time.

I don't much about the character so I'm just kind of making this up.

Dude.

That's an amazing idea.

DO IT.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Ton - 08-30-2009

I don't know anything about her either. Can someone fill me in on her attacks and history?
The healing could be interesting, but a bit unbalanced. Maybe she can somehow choose to absorb certain elements instead?
EDIT: Well, assuming there's a move like this we can adapt, I mean.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Koopaul - 08-30-2009

(08-30-2009, 03:02 PM)Teeks Wrote: All other fantasy characters will be DLC if we even implement that.

Well we HAVE to decide whether that will be implemented now. Why? Assist Trophies.

We can't have a game released that has Assist Trophies of characters that might be DLC later. That would ruin things. If we know that there is going to be DLC in this game then we can have a better understanding of Assist Trophies. Like we won't make Ray MK an Assist if we know that he may become a playable character afterwords.

So with that we need to know now.