The VG Resource
Game cast- No new character suggestions - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: Game cast- No new character suggestions (/thread-7716.html)

RE: Game cast- vote here - Devicho - 08-29-2009

(08-29-2009, 11:28 AM)Tonberry2k Wrote:
(08-29-2009, 11:16 AM)Black Boo Wrote: I like koopaul's idea though. Take out Pichu and Jr and add in two other peope in. They'd wind up being clones, and I think we should take out a few other clones that are really close to being the same.

No they won't. We've already constructed a new moveset for Pichu, and Bowser Jr will have a new moveset. Stop trying to hijack the project.
Hell, i could probably think of a moveset for him super quick. And then from there we could edit it so that it please everyone. (Or at least, is passable to everyone.)

RE: Game cast- vote here - Negative-Zer0 - 08-29-2009

(08-29-2009, 03:51 PM)koopaul Wrote: Or we could just have all the new characters be DLC. That way everyone wins?

Wrong. Though it would be nice i am not sure how it would work online with major glitches.

I think that rosters aims too high. I thought we were making a fan game not the next smash bros. Pichu is a stupid addition. He is just a downgraded version of pikachu. He is un-needed. WE might as well add MR.L as a character. More deserving characters are being denied because the inclusion of un-needed characters. Adding all brawlers would make it worse.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Clutch - 08-29-2009

I know it's a bit late for this and just adding more complaints, but uh...not sure about the lumping in of Kiddy with Dixie. I may be an absolute DKC nut, and it does let them use the whole tag-team gimmick, but he's essentially become a Brother Chuck in the series who shows up in only one game and the remakes/ports of it. I'm not sure he's relevant enough to warrant it.

And yeah, I'm among those feeling like Captain Falcon shouldn't be alone.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Shadowth117 - 08-29-2009

(08-29-2009, 04:43 PM)UziSoul The Idea Man Wrote:
(08-29-2009, 03:51 PM)koopaul Wrote: Or we could just have all the new characters be DLC. That way everyone wins?

Wrong. Though it would be nice i am not sure how it would work online with major glitches.

I think that rosters aims too high. I thought we were making a fan game not the next smash bros. Pichu is a stupid addition. He is just a downgraded version of pikachu. He is un-needed. WE might as well add MR.L as a character. More deserving characters are being denied because the inclusion of un-needed characters. Adding all brawlers would make it worse.

It really wouldn't kill anyone for there to add more characters as we see fit. I mean Super Smash Bros. is supposed to be an epic crossover game where you play as favorite character while trying to kill everybody else. I'm of the "the more the merrier" opinion on the subject. Plus if for some reason someone got behind on character sprites we could just release them as a DLC. That way the game could still be released.

As for technical problems, the guy making the engine is freaking amazing at manipulating Flash to do what he wants. I can't say I speak for him, but I'm pretty dang sure he could pull it off if he chose to.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Black Boo - 08-29-2009

I know I sound stupid, but what does DLC stand for?

also, yes, dump Pichu. He's pretty much worthless, as he is indeed a downgrade of Pikachu, and is taking up roster space for more original characters. I have no idea why Nintendo added him in in the first place.

Y'know this is kind of turning into that discussion topic I mentioned in my last post.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Shadowth117 - 08-29-2009

(08-29-2009, 06:10 PM)Black Boo Wrote: I know I sound stupid, but what does DLC stand for?

Downloadable content. Its basically an add-on for a game that you download. It could be music, levels, characters, or anything really as long as the game is programmed to handle it.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Teeks - 08-29-2009

Guys, all you're going to do is piss Ton off some more. The roster isn't going to change. And the characters you guys are fighting for *Lolo, Nyaru, Goroh* were never ever considered by anybody but you three who want them. So just, stop, okay?

But pichu doesn't deserve a spot. Its like adding baby Mario and baby Luigi. I had no idea why anyone wanted pichu back in in the first place.

Ton and I both agree that Pichu sucks but we want to bring back all past Smash Bros characters that aren't the exact same person as another Smash Bros character. That is why Dr. Mario and Young Link are not back. Pichu is at least an original character. We have given him an original moveset that sets him apart from Pikachu and his Melee counterpart.

Oh and by the way, any character who has been in a Smash Bros before deserves a spot. So saying he doesn't "deserve a spot" is just ridiculous. He's a veteran, like it or not.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Koopaul - 08-29-2009

Why don't we just forget adding new characters and just do all the old ones for now alright? (including Pichu)

Well, if pichu really means that much to be in the roster than so be it. I still don't agree.

Where's runouw's say in this.

Nobody's spriting anything. And it would eventually come back to the new characters, which have already been decided. Ignoring the new characters isn't going to change the cast Ton has picked. It's a lost cause.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Koopaul - 08-29-2009

Hm I don't see why Ton is the only one to decide this.

Oh, well. Doesn't runouw have to talk Ton and both confirm who's in and who's not. This thread should be locked since most characters are confirmed already. We (well you) have to get to spriting.

(08-29-2009, 07:27 PM)koopaul Wrote: Hm I don't see why Ton is the only one to decide this.

It was his idea in the first place?

Also, he isn't. There is a poll you can vote in right now Smile