The VG Resource
Game cast- No new character suggestions - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: Game cast- No new character suggestions (/thread-7716.html)

RE: Game cast- vote here - tiguidou - 08-27-2009

OMG! Why did nonbody think about Banjo and Kazooie? THEY ARE AWESOME!

RE: Game cast- vote here - Gold - 08-27-2009

I'm pretty sure Star started doing them for the Fantasy Smash project a while back.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Black Boo - 08-27-2009

Yeah, they were started awhile ago, but never finished.

Still sayin Zelda should get another slot >:c

RE: Game cast- vote here - Ton - 08-27-2009

We all know. Stop saying it in every post.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Ronald - 08-27-2009

Konami-Simon Belmont, for certain, but my second pick would be either Sparkster, Bill Rizer, or the Vic Viper. Yes, that one.
FE character-I'd agree with you. Most other Fire Emblem characters I've heard considered use swords or use things way too similar to swords.

RE: Game cast- vote here - killme - 08-27-2009

Why not 3 characters for each third-party company?

RE: Game cast- vote here - Black Boo - 08-27-2009

(08-27-2009, 03:51 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: We all know. Stop saying it in every post.

Sorry. Embarassed

Hangonhangonhangon.

Okay, so we're not looking for sword users but all FE characters seem to have swords.

So why not just leave the FE roster at three? Boom. Simple solution.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Ton - 08-27-2009

Because the fourth one won't use a sword. The goal is to bring all the secondary franchises equal footing.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Black Boo - 08-28-2009

...are there even FE characters that don't use swords?

EDIT: Wait what am I stupid? There probably are.

EDIT 2: Okay, I'm going to be completely honesst with EVERYONE now, and I'm getting a little ticked. >:c

We're trying to balance out the roster correct? So I come in and give you several PERFECTLY good solutions (I'm not just saying Nayru and Din, I'm talking Vaati and all the others I listed a feew pages back), but now we're being picky about what game they're from? What. The. Heck. I say if you want to bring secondary franchises to a more "level" amount, then TAKE OUT a Mario character! They've got TWELVE altogether (I'm banding in Donkey Kong as the characters have appeared in various Mario sports games), and I know they're the icon of Nintendo, but that's still ridiculous! That's THREE TIMES as many as Zelda, and TWICE as many as Pokemon!

Besides, if we DO use another FE character, that will bring it level with Zelda, making it exactly equal with a primary franchise. Same with Mother! They honestly don't deserve four characters. How many Mother games have there been? Not many that I recall.

If we want equality of secondary franchises, we may as well put in Louie from Pikmin or Gyromite or something.

Pretty much bottom line, this equality thing is bogus if you ask me. We're never going to get equality in the franchise rosters, so just depict the size of the franchise with the amount of characters on the roster.

*phew* Sorry...I just had to vent my thoughts on the matter. Rolleyes

RE: Game cast- vote here - Zoo Monkey - 08-28-2009

I CANNOT DECIDE!!! Bowser Jr. would be a nice addition... were keeping game & watch right? Mewtwo and Roy should be there... Game boy? WTF? dont get me wrong I'd play as him

RE: Game cast- vote here - Black Boo - 08-28-2009

Dude.

Those in the big grid are confirmed additions.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Koopaul - 08-29-2009

Eh. I still think if we just got rid of Jr. and Pichu we could have room for two more characters. Or hey if we play our cards right we could put in more.

Hm. You know I was thinking something like this:

[Image: difficult.png]

Gray is the undecided third party and FE character... er how did Goroh get in there Tongue

RE: Game cast- vote here - Teeks - 08-29-2009

First of all, I understand that the Donkey Kong and Wario franchises are Mario spin-offs, but they've long since grown to their own series and deserve what they have. Saying there are 12 Mario characters is just plain ignorance and you're just trying to justify why we need another damn Zelda character. There are 6 Mario characters. 7 if you count Yoshi. 4 DONKEY KONG characters and 1 WarioWare character.

Second, Mario only has those 6 because Ton wanted to bring back all past characters and that would mean having 6 Pokemon reps and having more Pokemon reps than Mario reps just isn't right considering Mario is Nintendo.

Lastly, the roster has already been mostly decided, with the exception of another Fire Emblem character, the top two in the poll and a final third party. That's it. It's done. Stop trying. You're not helping your cases at all. Ton and I talk about this on AIM every night and nothing is chaging. So stop. It's not working. Accept it, move on. Deal with what is currently on the plate; starting the damn project and voting in the poll.

Also, if DLC is implemented in the future, you guys can have whoever the hell you want. So stop whining about the current list.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Black Boo - 08-29-2009

@Koopaul's chart: We've still got Tails in there, but that sounds reasonable. Let's see if I can't edit it to make everyone happy hm?

@Teeks: O.o Jesus christ man. I suppose this is my rebuttle.

Now I grouped DK and Wario with Mario because they orriganally appeared with Mario, and they constantly appear WITH him as well. Now I suppose I shouldn't have grouped in K. Rool or Dixie, but all the same, that's still a big roster.

I like koopaul's idea though. Take out Pichu and Jr and add in two other peope in. They'd wind up being clones, and I think we should take out a few other clones that are really close to being the same.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Ton - 08-29-2009

(08-29-2009, 11:16 AM)Black Boo Wrote: I like koopaul's idea though. Take out Pichu and Jr and add in two other peope in. They'd wind up being clones, and I think we should take out a few other clones that are really close to being the same.

No they won't. We've already constructed a new moveset for Pichu, and Bowser Jr will have a new moveset. Stop trying to hijack the project.