The VG Resource
Game cast- No new character suggestions - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: Game cast- No new character suggestions (/thread-7716.html)

RE: Game cast- vote here - Kairos - 08-24-2009

Up to you, 3 more characters won't make that much of a difference.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Ton - 08-24-2009

It's not 3. It's 11.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Black Boo - 08-24-2009

Well, let's think. The orignal smash had how many, 12 characters perhaps? Then Melee got up to 25, the Brawl got 34, so I'm seeing a small bit of exponential growth. I think that we should shoot for 60-64, not counting alts.

I think we have a good range now. 56 (60 with alts). Ok, I feel better now.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Negative-Zer0 - 08-24-2009

Like i said b4 NOT all brawlers have to be in the game. The less deserving characters shouldn't be in.

I disagree. The characters that didn't work can work with some thought.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Koopaul - 08-25-2009

Can't we replace Masked Boy with Goroh? I don't understand why Mother gets FOUR characters and F-Zero only gets one.

It's not like F-Zero is an obscure lost franchise like Ice Climber or Kid Icarus (you've seem to grouped him with)

The series has many games, characters, stories, and even its own TV show!

C'mon guys.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Teeks - 08-25-2009

I'd like to argue that Ice Climbers and Kid Icarus are clearly not obscure and lost as they are in fact in the game.

Also, Samurai Goroh uses a sword and there's like, 7 of those already.

Also, it's a racing game.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Ton - 08-25-2009

A ) F-Zero IS a forgotten franchise. Its popularity is on par with Pikmin. Put simply, F-Zero is forgotten because Mario Kart exists.
B )He's another sword user. Something I'm trying to stay away from. You may argue that the Masked Man is also a sword user, but he uses bombs, electricity, and a jet pack as well. The only thing we know about Goroh is that he drives a car and uses a sword.
C ) The cartoon doesn't really seem valid, as Goroh wasn't even the villan if I remember correctly.
D ) Unlike Star Fox, we've only seen Goroh in a car. Captain Falcon has attacks only because Nintendo made stuff up. We don't have the authority to make one for Goroh. His problem is that he's even flatter than Little Mac as a character. With all other characters we're using in-game information to make movesets. Goroh presents us with nothing to use.
E ) Captain Falcon is the only one that matters from F-Zero. And he's only popular now because of Smash Bros. See point A.
F ) Are Mother or Fire Emblem more deserving? Maybe not. But they are more interesting and they lend themselves to more possibilities more easily.

To quote the Wikipedia article "List of F-Zero characters"

Quote:Contents
1 Development
2 Characters
2.1 Captain Falcon
2.2 Other characters

I rest my case

(08-25-2009, 01:17 AM)Tonberry2k Wrote: F-Zero IS a forgotten franchise. Its popularity is on par with Pikmin. Put simply, F-Zero is forgotten because Mario Kart exists.

True F-Zero is forgotten but not long forgotten not even close to Ice Climbers. Also F-Zero is still an active franchise (not right now) but it's probably not dead.
Quote:He's another sword user. Something I'm trying to stay away from. You may argue that the Masked Man is also a sword user, but he uses bombs, electricity, and a jet pack as well. The only thing we know about Goroh is that he drives a car and uses a sword.
Even though Masked Boy has other moves he's STILL going to use his sword the primary weapon.

Quote:The cartoon doesn't really seem valid, as Goroh wasn't even the villan if I remember correctly.

The show was only used to describe the series significance. Not to describe Goroh's significance. The argument being that F-Zero deserves another character.

Quote:Unlike Star Fox, we've only seen Goroh in a car. Captain Falcon has attacks only because Nintendo made stuff up. We don't have the authority to make one for Goroh. His problem is that he's even flatter than Little Mac as a character. With all other characters we're using in-game information to make movesets. Goroh presents us with nothing to use.

Authority? What authority do we have to be making this game at all? Its not like we aren't making up moves for other characters. Also I'd say Mac is equally as bland because all he does is punch. And let me remind you that when Fox was a chararcter in the old Smash Bros. he still hadn't left his Arwing yet (with the exception of an unlockable multiplayer) his moves were completely fabricated (and still are since he's never used hand to hand combat)

So Teeks I don't understand "its a racing game" arguement when Star Fox was clearly a Space shooter game.

Quote:Captain Falcon is the only one that matters from F-Zero. And he's only popular now because of Smash Bros. See point A.

Captain Falcon is the main character. That doesn't mean other characters don't matter. Its like saying Mario is the only character that matters. Let's not forget that Pit is now only popular because of Smash Bros. Popularity is a poor reason of choice.

Quote:Are Mother or Fire Emblem more deserving? Maybe not. But they are more interesting and they lend themselves to more possibilities more easily.

"More interesting" is a subject of debate.

Uh, I guess Star Fox Adventures and Assualt don't exist. I have some vivid imagination!

Not when Smash 64 was around.

But they didn't completely make up everything for Fox. It was known he had a blaster. The ship could do the whole reflection thing. Yes, they made up his fire fox. And all his standard moves aren't much of a stretch. Anything with arms and legs can kick and punch. All of Captain Falcon's special moves came from literally nothing. His backstory never mentions anything about having a Falcon Punch. At least Fox had that much he can go on.

Sure we may have known that Fox had a blaster. But we also know that Goroh is a samurai bandit.

So the same applies.

But you guys wanna talk about undeserving franchises. What the heck is Mischief Makers doing up there? That franchise has an even smaller fan base than F-Zero. Only one game. And I don't even believe it was that big of a hit comercially.

So tell me what is Marina doing up there?