The VG Resource
Player Pitch Pit (Discussion Complete) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: Player Pitch Pit (Discussion Complete) (/thread-9775.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: Player Pitch Pit (ATTN: Post 443) - Rökkan - 11-30-2009

Where? I posted an Isa moveset here, too.

RE: Player Pitch Pit (ATTN: Post 443) - [robo9] - 11-30-2009

I made a unique Pichu move set one time.

But personally Deoxys is a better choice :/

RE: Player Pitch Pit (ATTN: Post 443) - Ton - 11-30-2009

So, Ray or Saki?

RE: Player Pitch Pit (ATTN: Post 443) - Alpha Six - 11-30-2009

Is this for the extra first party slot? Because if we got rid of Roy (who EVERYBODY seems to be against anyway), that would give us two new spots, and they're both get representation.

But then Fire Emblem gets screwed. :/

RE: Player Pitch Pit - Ark Kuvis - 11-30-2009

(11-30-2009, 07:19 PM)Number Six Wrote:
(11-30-2009, 07:08 PM)Ark Kuvis Wrote:
AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Please let me know why Roy ISN'T one of the more popular FE characters.

Considering that anybody who's played Melee knows who he is and has probably played his game because of it. And everybody that knows what FE is knows who Roy is.

We're talking popularity here, not "how much the character sucks."

Popularity. Right. We're choosing a representative from a Fire Emblem title that was not released outside of Japan, over a representative from a Fire Emblem game that has pretty much launched the franchise.

Right, cool.

Considering I'm a huge Fire Emblem nut, the Fire Emblem franchise needs equal respect in it's rep. Roy might cut it for any Nintendo jockey like Koopaul, but he's not anything memorable for the franchise itself.

Marth launched the franchise, Ike brought it to 3-D, but what did Roy do? He annoyed the crap out of us. The Fire Emblem franchise was brought to GBA starting with Sword of Seals, where we are treated to a difficult game brought on because the main character sucked ass. Then Blazing Sword came out, and was translated and released in America. Essentially a cult classic to those who play it, Fire Emblem included three likable protagonists, and dumbed the difficulty down for the American audience so they could essentially enjoy the game. Believe it or not, Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword is an amazing title, and the franchise wouldn't be nearly as well received if they started with Sword of Seals.

Point is, If Mother's getting two unique characters, why the fuck are we recycling Roy? He's just a guy who shoots fire from his hand and dies a whole lot. If we must choose a Fire Emblem protagonist, let's just go with Eliwood. At least he has a horse.

I still like the Heroes of Elibe idea that I messed with.

Am I the only one who thinks a guy riding a horse would be absolutely ridiculous? Motorcycle? Mech? Fine. But a horse?

RE: Player Pitch Pit (ATTN: Post 443) - Ark Kuvis - 11-30-2009

That doesn't work. It's too Pokemon Trainer.

EDIT: God damn it Ton play a Fire Emblem game. I don't care which one, just play one.

If we can come up with something that isn't just a reskinned Pokemon Trainer, I think it would work. But that's three times the work of one character. People are keen to see their favorite person on the roster, but when it's time to sprite them, everyone will disappear.

The system that I developed wasn't reskinned though.

EDIT: As for riding a horse, there shouldn't be a character that's comprised of two characters like that aside from Ice Climbers. "Physics" won't allow it when they take damage. If he really has to have a horse, make it a special or an FS. Not by default though. The horse can be considered a "specialized vehicle," like Wario's bike that only he can ride.

RE: Player Pitch Pit (ATTN: Post 443) - GaryCXJk - 11-30-2009

Okay, I just did a little research, and apparently, all Captain Syrup does is throw bombs and mug people. And that last one is even debatable.

But, that doesn't stop us from creating a really cool moveset.

As we all know, Captain Syrup is kind of like a ninja, but one who is actually a pirate. Also, she loves to ride things that fly. So, here's my moveset idea:

B: Sugar Bomb
Just... a bomb... yeah. She throws it immediately, but the bomb can be picked up by anyone. Also, the bomb doesn't set off immediately if it doesn't hit an opponent directly, but when it does, it's a sure BOOM.

>B: Sweet Mug
Either Syrup will rush past her opponents, stealing any item the opponent holds, or just hits her opponent very hard with her sack or something with the same effect. The former actually is way cooler, though. It does do damage, but the former will do just significant less damage, and is more to mug the opponent. Has also the potential to rob the opponents of some coins during coin battles.

vB: Bomb Stomp / Flavor Crash
Syrup will jump in the air, and then does a ground stomp... with a bomb below her. Your goal is to jump off the bomb at the right time, so that you won't get hurt by it. The longer you hold on to the bomb, the harder the attack hits, but once it hits the ground or an enemy, it will go boom.

^B: Flying Cup
This will summon a flying cup, which allows Syrup to hover horizontally for a very short while. It doesn't do damage, but for that short while you can throw bombs with B, the same bombs as mentioned earlier. Also, it doesn't really work as a third jump. The attack only gives you horizontal movement. To get your third jump, you actually have to jump out of the cup. And yes, the cup is breakable. One hit of damage before you jump out and it will be a lost third jump. Oh, and if you jump off, it will act as a projectile, however, one that can easily be countered by a well-timed attack with no damage penalty.

Final Smash: Genie in the lamp
Captain Syrup will summon the genie in the lamp, after which the B button will summon miniature genies who shoot lightning or small energy balls which will hurt like a motherfucker.

Actually, why not pick an archer as the FE rep? Not a sword user!

RE: Player Pitch Pit (ATTN: Post 443) - tsr moderation staff - 11-30-2009

im super disagreeing with ton here but actually now i think we should leave another fe rep out. custom robo and saki would be way cooler

RE: Player Pitch Pit (ATTN: Post 443) - Phantom Killah - 11-30-2009

so...

Bomberman?