The VG Resource
Player Pitch Pit (Discussion Complete) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: Player Pitch Pit (Discussion Complete) (/thread-9775.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: Player Pitch Pit (ATTN: Post 443) - Alpha Six - 11-30-2009

(11-30-2009, 06:58 PM)UziSoul Wrote: It's almost the same case with kirby really...
What?

RE: Player Pitch Pit (ATTN: Post 443) - Negative-Zer0 - 11-30-2009

Was replying to koopaul. Kirby technically isn't 1st party either

RE: Player Pitch Pit - Ark Kuvis - 11-30-2009

(11-30-2009, 06:28 PM)Heat Miser Wrote: 6. Roy- The three warriors thing was way too "Pokemon" and would involve coming up with more moves than the one we originally were going with for a franchise that nobody really knows/cares about. If we're going to have new gimmick characters, I'd like to invent new gimmicks for them (see Dixie/Kiddy above). Along with Marth and Ike, Roy is now one of the more popular FE characters and because it's our game, we can tweak him to make him better.

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

RE: Player Pitch Pit (ATTN: Post 443) - Rökkan - 11-30-2009

Where the fuck is Ray MK-III and Saki/Isa? I thought we all pretty much agreed to put them in.

Also idk about Syrup. What are her attacks and abilities under Wario Land and Wario Land 2? I don't think she's an interesting character, but if she does a lot of stuff in these games that can be used to make a good and original moveset, then I'm all good with it.
Also, K.Rool is, honestly, really lame. I don't think that the DK series needs 4 reps. And Roy is also just another sword user, I don't see why exactly we're putting it in. Each sword user has it's own uniqueness: Link uses a lot of different weapons, Meta-Knight... Is Meta-Knight, Marth has this thin and light blade that deals incredible damage on its tip, and Ike strikes with a heavy and lethal broadsword, Goroh is a samurai (an awesome and fat samurai) that can have techniques based on oriental fighting techniques and ninja sword skills, and if we put Travis in, his beamkatana would be fast and powerful, but it would be needed to be recharged from time to time (and he also can do hand-to-hand combat and wrestling techniques). But what would make Roy an interesting and different character? He just looks like another sword user, and a very uninteresting one at that.

Deoxys, however, is one of the best ideas I have ever seen Heart

(11-30-2009, 07:07 PM)UziSoul Wrote: Kirby technically isn't 1st party either
How?

What the fuck, Kirby IS first party. Halkien/Hal Labs IS a part of Nintendo.
Or else Pokémon would be third party too, since they're made by Gamefreaks, a company that happens to have a game on the Genesis before it was bought by Nintendo.

edit: Following by his logic, Super Smash Bros wouldn't be first party, since the series was also developed by Hal! Heh.

RE: Player Pitch Pit - Alpha Six - 11-30-2009

(11-30-2009, 07:08 PM)Ark Kuvis Wrote:
AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Please let me know why Roy ISN'T one of the more popular FE characters.

Considering that anybody who's played Melee knows who he is and has probably played his game because of it. And everybody that knows what FE is knows who Roy is.

We're talking popularity here, not "how much the character sucks."

RE: Player Pitch Pit - Rökkan - 11-30-2009

(11-30-2009, 07:19 PM)Number Six Wrote: We're talking popularity here, not "how much the character sucks."

Why is he there again? >:

RE: Player Pitch Pit (ATTN: Post 443) - Ton - 11-30-2009

One of the whole points to this was to bring back the cut Melee characters. We've whittled them down to Roy and Mewtwo because Doc is a costume, Toon Link has replaced Young Link, and Pichu is just fucking terrible and we couldn't think of anything to do with him. We can make Roy work.

RE: Player Pitch Pit (ATTN: Post 443) - tsr moderation staff - 11-30-2009

the only thing i really disagree with is roy and sukapon. sukapon seems well enough except that you seem to have just put him in on a whim when there have been other characters much more requested than him. roy is just a clone and heroes of elibe would not only leave one of the most popular (and the first stateside released?) FE games very well represented but would also give them something interesting over other sword users. roy has literally nothing original about him and his game wasn't all that popular in comparison.

I thought we were using the movelists that we both came up with for Pichu?

Oh, and I also forgot about Isaac.
We have too much sword characters (7, without Travis and Isa that I definately want them in), and Roy is probably the most generic of them all. I say we should cut him. But I already explained that in my post (which btw I would like replies). But I'm gonna emphasize:
What about Custom Robo and Sin & Punishment reps? A small, easy to be knocked out robot, but that's super powerful and has good speed seems like a original and incredible character to play as. Isa or Saki might be a sword user, but at the same time, it isn't, and I did propose a moveset for Isa.

RE: Player Pitch Pit (ATTN: Post 443) - Ton - 11-30-2009

Nah, Pichu was tossed aside quite some time ago. I thought we decided not to use Ray as well?

EDIT: Though Rokkan, that DOES sound cool. How fragile are we talking?

RE: Player Pitch Pit (ATTN: Post 443) - Angelglory - 11-30-2009

Couldn't Roy throw fire with his sword in his actual game? I'm pretty sure none of the other swordsman can throw fire. Sure, Ike has some fire, but he can't throw it outside of his FS attack.

EDIT: and in regards to S&P, I think Tyvon posted a Saki moveset a while ago somewhere.

(11-30-2009, 07:34 PM)Angelglory Wrote: EDIT: and in regards to S&P, I think Tyvon posted a Saki moveset a while ago somewhere.
Yes I did.