The VG Resource
Game cast- No new character suggestions - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: Game cast- No new character suggestions (/thread-7716.html)

RE: Game cast- vote here - Alpha Six - 08-19-2009

(08-19-2009, 03:15 AM)Teeks Wrote: Though his moveset would totally have to involve the masks from Majora's Mask.
That was what my idea was, actually ;p

Down B = Blast Mask. Lols will ensue.
(08-19-2009, 03:15 AM)Teeks Wrote: Well, we've already got Link and Toon Link. Young Link would be overkill.
To be honest, I think it'd be fine. Consider this;

Link = TP
Toon Link = WW
Young Link = MM

All three of them are completely different Links, from completely different universes, from completely different time periods. They're technically different characters. Therefore, they can all have completely different playstyles. And considering the huge arsenal of weapons in the Zelda universe, it wouldn't be hard to make each one have new movelists and play differently. In fact, Toon Link's movelist could be COMPLETELY redone. I'd have to watch some Wind Waker videos since I haven't actually played the game itself, but I could help with that as well. Coming up with Smash Bros. movelists is surprisingly fun.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Gold - 08-19-2009

Liking this idea.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Wes - 08-19-2009

Maybe for Pichu, once Chrage is fully charged, pressing Down B will use Discharge. All the electricity stored in her will expel outwards in a circle in every direction, doing somewhat strong damage (15-20%). Also, and idea for UpB would be Flash. Pichu turns into a bright ball of light and moves instantaneously in the direction you choose. It'd be similar to Mewtwo's UpB in Melee. I know it a dumb idea, but its something other than Quick Attack again. Her FS could be the Light Ball. Pretty much she holds the ball like a normal item except that she can't drop it. She is faster with better jumps and stronger (similar to Wario's FS). Or maybe Sweet Kiss. The screen zooms up on Pichu and she does a little dance. Then she Flashes or Quick Attacks so she is next to every person within a certain range and kisses them (other characters are frozen during this time, like in Falcon's FS where the car drive by and he jumps in, but no one moves). Everyone affected will have their controls reversed (up is down, left is right, A is B, ect.) for short time (since Sweet Kiss confuses in the games). Maybe Tail Whip could be a smash attack. it doesn't do much damage, but when fully charged it can break sheilds (tail whip lowers defense in the games).

RE: Game cast- vote here - tsr moderation staff - 08-19-2009

I agree with all of tyvon's recent posts

RE: Game cast- vote here - Ton - 08-19-2009

So for Pichu, what I'm thinking so far is;

His normal attacks do not damage him.
B- Charge- His attacks do more damage to enemies, but also damage Pichu. (lasts ___ seconds).
Down B- Thunder Wave- Paralyzes enemies nearby. Think Jigglypuff's Rest or Mewtwo's Disable.
Up B- Flash could work.
Smash B- Just Thunderbolt like Pikachu?

RE: Game cast- vote here - Sol - 08-19-2009

What would Flash do?

Kind of a teleport that does light damage/stuns. Similar to Sheik's Smoke Bomb, but with no knockback.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Wes - 08-19-2009

I described it in my post, but Pichu would turn into a bright ball of light and sort of move really quickly in a direction you choose with the control stick. Like PIkachu's, only it looks different, has only one movement, and is much faster. It normally moves at an upward 45 degree angle in the direction you're facing, but if you're really quick you can change the direction. Also Pikachu's Forward B is SKull Bash, not Thunderbolt.

(08-19-2009, 11:01 AM)Wes Wrote: Also Pikachu's Forward B is SKull Bash, not Thunderbolt.

Oh yeah. Well then how about...

B- Just Thunderbolt like Pikachu?
Down B- Charge- His attacks do more damage to enemies, but also damage Pichu. (lasts ___ seconds).
Up B- Flash could work.
Smash B- Thunder Wave- Paralyzes enemies nearby. Think Jigglypuff's Rest or Mewtwo's Disable.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Neslug - 08-19-2009

I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet, but I think it would be nice to have the type weaknesses and resistances for the Pokémon characters. For example, Charizard's Flamethrower dealing 2x damage to Ivysaur and Pikachu's electric attacks damaging Squirtle more. Or is that making it too complicated / broken?

RE: Game cast- vote here - tsr moderation staff - 08-19-2009

that seems pretty broken. like charizard users would have a distinct advantage over ivysaur users and that would be lame.

And Pikachu would own both Squirtle AND Charizard. We'd also have to take into account their individual attacks, i.e. Quick Attack WOULDN'T be super effective on Squirtle, but Rock Smash would hurt Jigglypuff more than Flamethrower. Too much work.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Alpha Six - 08-19-2009

Definitely no on the type weakness thing for Pokemon. It unbalances the game and makes it completely obvious who the best character would be to pick in retaliation.

Maybe we could include a type weakness system for some sort of event match, however.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Neslug - 08-19-2009

Mmm, I figure it only works in Pokémon games.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Teeks - 08-19-2009

(08-19-2009, 03:17 AM)Tyvon Wrote:
(08-19-2009, 03:15 AM)Teeks Wrote: Though his moveset would totally have to involve the masks from Majora's Mask.
That was what my idea was, actually ;p

Down B = Blast Mask. Lols will ensue.
(08-19-2009, 03:15 AM)Teeks Wrote: Well, we've already got Link and Toon Link. Young Link would be overkill.
To be honest, I think it'd be fine. Consider this;

Link = TP
Toon Link = WW
Young Link = MM

All three of them are completely different Links, from completely different universes, from completely different time periods. They're technically different characters. Therefore, they can all have completely different playstyles. And considering the huge arsenal of weapons in the Zelda universe, it wouldn't be hard to make each one have new movelists and play differently. In fact, Toon Link's movelist could be COMPLETELY redone. I'd have to watch some Wind Waker videos since I haven't actually played the game itself, but I could help with that as well. Coming up with Smash Bros. movelists is surprisingly fun.

I know he's a completely different Link from a completely different time period, I know where you're coming from I just don't think we need three Links. It seems like total overkill. It'd be like having Pichu, Pikachu and Raichu playable. Too much of the same basic idea. Young Link lends himself to a wide variety of a bunch of movesets. I'd love a Young Link where his Side B was Goron Link doing a Goron Roll, Down B is Zora Link's boomerang blades and Up B is Deku Flowers but we just don't need another Link.

Toon Link is a better representation of Young Link as of current. Toon Link has been in Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures and Minish Cap. All more recent titles. A moveset could be developed that utilizes ideas from all of these games and he could be unique enough. But adding a whole other Link just seems like oversaturation of the same basic character.