The VG Resource
Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+------ Forum: Pokemon (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-69.html)
+------ Thread: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? (/thread-16801.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Chaoxys - 04-16-2011

I'm not even sure how to figure out what my IVs are. I tried using an IV calculator for my Scraggy but it said a number of his stats were higher than they physically should be.

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Devicho - 04-16-2011

Hmm... At what point are you checking the IVs? When the Pokemon is freshly hatched/caught, or after doing battles with it? I usually check their IVs right after getting the Pokemon, then taking them to the Battle Subway and inputting their Lv. 50 stats so the calculator has a better idea of what it's working with. Never gives me weird results.

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Phantom Killah - 04-16-2011

every time I'm about to win in a WiFi matchup, my opponent disconnects.
Every

Single

Time

rrrggh this is pissing me off

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Zac - 04-16-2011

(04-16-2011, 03:12 PM)Chaoxys Wrote: I'm not even sure how to figure out what my IVs are. I tried using an IV calculator for my Scraggy but it said a number of his stats were higher than they physically should be.
your ev's are probably throwing off your calculations
also make sure your using the right nature when you calculate

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Untitled - 04-16-2011

(04-16-2011, 03:27 PM)Phantom Kojjiro Wrote: every time I'm about to win in a WiFi matchup, my opponent disconnects.
Every

Single

Time

rrrggh this is pissing me off

Do it on randmon matchup via Global Link, their disconnections count as a loss, and if they do it too much, they get banned. Problem solved.

Also Just for easier of checking newly hatched pokemon IVs just go to battle institute, you just save before the guy you just put in the poke at lvl 50 and reset if you want to change guys if you have multiple of the same pokemon.

its also easier because its right next to the center and the pc is right next to the guy and it instantly starts, just less time consuming.

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Sonikku - 04-17-2011

i put up a Magikarp (nicknamed Arceus because apparently theres a glitch where it will appear in the group where Arceus is held) on the GTS, and asked for a Tornadus (i have one already)

someone actually responded aahahahahahahaha

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Lemonray - 04-17-2011

(04-17-2011, 02:02 AM)Sonikku Wrote: i put up a Magikarp (nicknamed Arceus because apparently theres a glitch where it will appear in the group where Arceus is held) on the GTS, and asked for a Tornadus (i have one already)

Nice one :D

I hatched a Scraggy last night, adamant/moxie with 31 hp/atk/def/spa, about 14 spd and 30 speed. Pretty cool, right?

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Perseus - 04-17-2011

(04-17-2011, 05:17 AM)The Ullapool Caberknight Wrote:
(04-17-2011, 02:02 AM)Sonikku Wrote: i put up a Magikarp (nicknamed Arceus because apparently theres a glitch where it will appear in the group where Arceus is held) on the GTS, and asked for a Tornadus (i have one already)

Nice one Big Grin

I hatched a Scraggy last night, adamant/moxie with 31 hp/atk/def/spa, about 14 spd and 30 speed. Pretty cool, right?

I envy you

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - water dog - 04-17-2011

(04-17-2011, 05:42 AM)Ike Wrote:
(04-17-2011, 05:17 AM)The Ullapool Caberknight Wrote:

Nice one Big Grin

I envy you

Yeah, seriously dude, fuck you. You get a almost perfect IV/nature/ability Pokemon every day and give them gay nicknames. If I had even half your luck I would actually consider making some teams or some shit but I have never once in my life, after hours of grinding, gotten even ONE worthwhile Pokemon. That's bullstuff bro.

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Joseph Styling - 04-17-2011

you can always force the IVs on the pokemon like I do
I have like five outstanding pokemon with 31 ivs on at least 3 stats
the other three stats always seem to get one with 30 ivs and the other two with between 10-20

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - DioShiba - 04-17-2011

Can some one please explain to me what the point is behind IV's and EV's? I never quite understood that in pokemon. =/

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Cshad - 04-17-2011

Quote:Individual values, IVs for short, sometimes also known as determinant values, DVs for short, are the Pokémon equivalent of genes. They are instrumental in determining the stats of a Pokémon, being responsible for the large variation in stats among untrained Pokémon of the same species.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Individual_values

Quote:Effort values (abbreviated EVs and previously called Stat Exp) are attributes which give bonuses to a Pokémon's stats and improve differently depending which Pokémon they defeat. These bonuses, in the form of effort points, are gained in addition to bonuses gained by increasing level. A Pokémon which increases in level using a Rare Candy instead of battling does not gain any EVs, making it weaker than a Pokémon who increases in level normally.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Effort_values

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Lemonray - 04-17-2011

(04-17-2011, 09:08 AM)stuXXpickles44965 Wrote: Yeah, seriously dude, fuck you. You get a almost perfect IV/nature/ability Pokemon every day and give them gay nicknames. If I had even half your luck I would actually consider making some teams or some shit but I have never once in my life, after hours of grinding, gotten even ONE worthwhile Pokemon. That's bullstuff bro.

Lol why u mad tho? You know, I have a whole box full of Pokémon like that but I've had to breed for hours on end for most of them. Sometimes I'll have the Pokémon I want hatch within the first hour, but for the most part, it's incredibly time consuming.
My Mismagius, for example, took hours of obsessive hatching and stat checking to obtain, and on top of that I had to breed two parents with the correct genders,natures,egg move combinations, IVs and such, before I could start breeding my the Mismagius I wanted, which eventually hatched with a timid nature and IVs of 31 in it's 4 most important stats. This Mismagius was the greatest Pokémon I've ever bred, and with the exeption of my Gallade and 3-4 others, most of my other Pokémon aren't as close to perfection as this one. If you're patient, you will get the Pokémon you want eventually. Unless you're breeding for very, very specific combinations of IVs/abilities/hidden power types and such.

...I think I'll breed a Chandelure today.

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Star - 04-17-2011

I never even realized how much info was behind breeding. Thanks for the info guys! I need to get into it after I finally capture a shiny Cobalion.
I need to start counting my soft resets cause I lost count after 200 Very Sad

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - HakaizenTH - 04-17-2011

How's the adventure going?

I caught a Shiny Kyurem on the first turn with a quick ball.

That's how the adventure's going XD