The VG Resource
Player Pitch Pit (Discussion Complete) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: Player Pitch Pit (Discussion Complete) (/thread-9775.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: Player Pitch Pit - Rökkan - 11-29-2009

(11-29-2009, 10:30 AM)HyperSonic92 Wrote:
(11-29-2009, 01:10 AM)koopaul Wrote: Well I didn't know that... I made this thinking that you weren't gonna put him in.

[Image: firstparty.jpg]
I thought the Dixie idea was ditched. Also when did we decided that Issac and the guy below him were gonna be playable?

We decided Isaac and Ray MK-III long ago, and Roy was also ditched long ago, why is he there?
Also, 4 DK reps? No, thanks.
what the fuck my post is bugged aaaaa

RE: Player Pitch Pit - tsr moderation staff - 11-29-2009

that list seems good except i'm sort of pretty sure we decided on heroes of elibe (most of us wanted him), and dixie should be replaced by someone cooler
edit: the thing is that most dk characters are literally designed to be clones. the same argument applies to luigi, but he has a lot more development behind him and mario earned having that many reps

RE: Player Pitch Pit - HyperSonic92 - 11-29-2009

Aside from what I said, I love the roster so far. My only complaints:
1.) DK, Diddy, and K Rool will do for the DK universe
2.) It seems that half of Brawl's ATs are playable in here. I love having Samurai, Little Mac, and the guy below Wolf (forgot his name) as playables but maybe take out some and keep them as ATs, especially Tingle (I REAAALY hate him, plus he scares little children)
3.) If Tingle was placed in the roster for the sole purpose of having a joke character, we could do better. Like maybe Stanley from Donkey Kong 2 (that is his name, right?). He could invent new moves for him like the Smash team did for Capt. Falcon

RE: Player Pitch Pit - Negative-Zer0 - 11-29-2009

You want us to pull moves out of our ass?

Listen I hate tingle as a playable as the next guy but he's not going anywhere. Only a small number of people don't want him in and it's pointless to argue at this point. Ton and the rest of them have their mindset so just drop it before you start a flame war. The character list is pretty much decided. Instead of bitching about the roster, we( well I cant sprite, so I mean you) should get some work done.

RE: Player Pitch Pit - HyperSonic92 - 11-29-2009

Fine whatever. I'll see what I can help with

RE: Player Pitch Pit - Kairos - 11-29-2009

(11-29-2009, 12:30 PM)UziSoul Wrote: Only a small number of people don't want him in and it's pointless to argue at this point. Ton and the rest of them have their mindset so just drop it before you start a flame war.

Can we use this logic for Travis/Bomber Man as well?

Actually you know what, how about the whole fucking project

RE: Player Pitch Pit - Alpha Six - 11-29-2009

Right, well I think I'm gonna try and initialize a convo with Ton to get this roster shit situated. Ton, if you have AIM or anything like that, could you get at me soon?

Until then I'm taking the liberty of locking this topic, as the input is really making it HARDER for the characters to be picked. :/

RE: Player Pitch Pit - Ton - 11-30-2009

READ THE NOTES BELOW BEFORE RESPONDING!
[Image: ssbrosteragain.png]

1. Captain Syrup- Doesn't necessarily have to be her, but she seems like she would be very fun. She's coming back, if Shake It! is any indication, but I don't want to shoehorn her if we can't think of anything for her. She's easier to think of a set for than the Wario Ware crew and Yoshi has no supporting characters of note (outside of Poochy, but we're doing something else with him). Bottom line: She'd be interesting if we can think of something.

2. Dixie- Last count on the poll saw people in favor of Dixie, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that Dixie just hasn't been developed enough to have a full moveset. Kiddy as an addition would be mostly a prop for Dixie. Think Tron Bonne and her mech in MVC2. Again, it would be a very interesting character design and would be fun to use.

3. Tingle- Hilarious. Our joke character.

4. Deoxys- May seem like overkill in the Pokemon department, but it makes this franchise equal with Mario. Also, with the removal of Pichu, we have a two generation gap. Generation 2 has nothing interesting going for it, so I moved on to 3. It could swap forms on the fly to do attacks.

5. Goroh- We've beaten this to death. He's in now.

6. Roy- The three warriors thing was way too "Pokemon" and would involve coming up with more moves than the one we originally were going with for a franchise that nobody really knows/cares about. If we're going to have new gimmick characters, I'd like to invent new gimmicks for them (see Dixie/Kiddy above). Along with Marth and Ike, Roy is now one of the more popular FE characters and because it's our game, we can tweak him to make him better.

7. Animal Crossing- This guy desperately needs a name. "Animal Crosser" and "Villager" are just too strange or clunky or boring. Maybe we could go for an NPC from the series?

8. Isaac- Yes, he's in.

9. Sukapon- Originally shot down, but after thinking about it, I thought "why not?" It's a goofy character and has a neat gimmick. Plus it would be super easy to sheet.

10. Blank- Another first party character. Mike Jones? Captain Rainbow? Nobody?

11. Third parties- Snake, Sonic, and Megaman are definitely in. The fourth slot is a Square character. Some may cry foul and want Geno as the Square, but he's a Mario character. Other third parties can be added as we solidify them. We don't need eight, but there is room for them. If we wind up with four, fine. If not, that's fine too.

Everyone should be happy now, right?

RE: Player Pitch Pit (ATTN: Post 443) - Alpha Six - 11-30-2009

No Travis? :C
Regardless, looks good.

RE: Player Pitch Pit (ATTN: Post 443) - Kairos - 11-30-2009

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW.

Kidding. Looks fine. Poll for the last first party? (again).

EDIT: Suggestion, but I rather use Rok's Ashley than Syrup. She has a sword, and the one I posted was just "meh"

RE: Player Pitch Pit (ATTN: Post 443) - Ton - 11-30-2009

(11-30-2009, 06:33 PM)Number Six Wrote: No Travis? :C
Regardless, looks good.

Read what I said about 3rd parties. Tongue

RE: Player Pitch Pit (ATTN: Post 443) - Alpha Six - 11-30-2009

(11-30-2009, 06:37 PM)Rags Wrote: BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW.

Kidding. Looks fine. Poll for the last first party? (again).
I personally don't think another first party is necessary. And another poll DEFINITELY isn't necessary.

RE: Player Pitch Pit (ATTN: Post 443) - Koopaul - 11-30-2009

Geno is third party. Being a Mario character is no excuse.

RE: Player Pitch Pit (ATTN: Post 443) - Angelglory - 11-30-2009

Roster looks good, aside from the few blank spaces Tongue

-If Villager/Crosser isn't picked then perhaps Tom Nook...?
-For the last first party, maybe Saki? (Is he first or second party?)
-Namco, for 3rd party, some people want KOS-MOS, some want Klonoa and a few want Pac-man. So... yeah, I dunno.

RE: Player Pitch Pit (ATTN: Post 443) - Negative-Zer0 - 11-30-2009

It's almost the same case with kirby really...