The VG Resource
Community Discussion: IRC Channel - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Main Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-1.html)
+----- Forum: News (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-2.html)
+----- Thread: Community Discussion: IRC Channel (/thread-11609.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Community Discussion: tSR Competitions - Vipershark - 02-24-2010

I'd like to help with gaming and/or gamedev, if at all possible.

RE: Community Discussion: tSR Competitions - Chutzpar - 02-25-2010

If I could guarantee I'd be online enough then I would be ALL UPONS a drawing competition, but I'm still only able to get online in fits and starts Very Sad

If I could give you a vague idea of when I'll have a new computer then I'd ask you to maybe put it off until then, but to be honest I have no idea! :E

RE: Community Discussion: tSR Competitions - Gors - 02-25-2010

I really like the idea. I enjoyed tSR more when it had those Moz's challenges and adding new competition types would make this site more enjoyable, in my opinion.

About the music competition... Well, I feel honored to be mentioned Shy, but I never worked with this kind of stuff (serious competition manager and all). Still, I'd like to try, because a music-based topic in tSR interests me Big Grin

RE: Community Discussion: tSR Competitions - Sengir - 02-25-2010

(02-24-2010, 08:53 PM)Dex Wrote: Game Development Competitions - These are a maybe. They'd be held over the course of a month, and you'd be required to make some sort of short game that fit limitations. These competitions would be watched over by Kaikimi and SengirDev, ideally.

Would definitely love this.

RE: Community Discussion: tSR Competitions - Maxpphire - 02-25-2010

(02-25-2010, 06:09 AM)Epistaxis Wrote: If I could guarantee I'd be online enough then I would be ALL UPONS a drawing competition, but I'm still only able to get online in fits and starts Very Sad

If I could give you a vague idea of when I'll have a new computer then I'd ask you to maybe put it off until then, but to be honest I have no idea! :E

Well how about this:

For now we'll just ask Devicho to handle them and when you get a new computer we'll just add you in to start handling them too and you can help handle them for the time you are online.

RE: Community Discussion: tSR Competitions - Locked Achievement - 02-26-2010

Would the badges go in the winners' awards section?

RE: Community Discussion: tSR Competitions - Devicho - 02-26-2010

(02-25-2010, 06:17 PM)Lunyka Wrote:
(02-25-2010, 06:09 AM)Epistaxis Wrote: If I could guarantee I'd be online enough then I would be ALL UPONS a drawing competition, but I'm still only able to get online in fits and starts Very Sad

Well how about this:

For now we'll just ask Devicho to handle them and when you get a new computer we'll just add you in to start handling them too and you can help handle them for the time you are online.
But then here I am being all worried because I have never been a great leader of any sort and unless I had someone to work with I'd be kinda lost. :c

RE: Community Discussion: tSR Competitions - Koopaul - 02-27-2010

Maybe it should be a volunteer thing then. Wait I'm a little confused...

RE: Community Discussion: tSR Competitions - Adam - 02-28-2010

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

All competitions will currently begin on Monday, March 8th, 2010.

SengirDev has set up his Gaming Competition to begin now, but the rules for it will be a bit different than the other ones.

Badges will not be implemented for a while, so the first few competitions will be documented and accounted for when badges do surface.

Topics and planning for each competition will be posted sometime this week. Stay tuned.

RE: Community Discussion: tSR Competitions - Sengir - 02-28-2010

Well game development takes more time than most of the other competition topics, I figured a month for each comp would work.

RE: Community Discussion: tSR Competitions - BuildZer - 03-02-2010

Well, Pokemon is the best game I ever played in my whole. Even though the graphics of this game not like the other games, I really like the story and the adventure of it.

RE: Community Discussion: tSR Competitions - Ton - 03-02-2010

The best game you ever played in your hole?

RE: Community Discussion: tSR Competitions - Ultimecia - 03-02-2010

Not to mention the part of "story", but let's play along

RE: Community Discussion: tSR Competitions - Sengir - 03-02-2010

Is there a rough estimate when the badge system will be put into action?

RE: Community Discussion: tSR Competitions - Sengir - 03-04-2010

Double post I guess, but far enough apart.

What I'd like to see is a daily Sprite Challenge where you practice spriting. A mod would give a subject and new or crappy spriters would try to sprite something. I don't know if it's a good idea, I just thought it might help people become better spriters. Maybe you earn badges for every 30 days you participate or something, idk.

Pretty much based off Shawn's "sprite a day for a month" idea, but with more incentive to participate and get better.