The VG Resource
Game cast- No new character suggestions - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: Game cast- No new character suggestions (/thread-7716.html)

RE: Game cast- vote here - Kairos - 08-12-2009

(08-11-2009, 04:15 PM)The Question Wrote: you mean like that overlord game on the wii

huh

I stand corrected

He still wouldn't be much more different than Olimar./ Especially with the moveset that guy made.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Kirbyfan - 08-12-2009

Who is Overlord. I've known everyone suggested here, and everyone suggested in the Fantasy Smash Topic, except this dude. Obviously, he isn't the most well known, or appreciated character. So why should he be in?

RE: Game cast- vote here - onyx801 - 08-12-2009

(08-12-2009, 05:34 AM)Rags Wrote:
(08-11-2009, 04:15 PM)The Question Wrote: you mean like that overlord game on the wii

huh

I stand corrected

He still wouldn't be much more different than Olimar./ Especially with the moveset that guy made.

dude half of those moves are way diffrent then olimars. and last time i checked these threds were open to suggestions. i didn't say he had to be in i just suggested it if you have such a problem with it then thats your prob. also olimar is a wimp if you hadnt notice in brawl he was shaking in fear of one r.o.b the overlord conquers towns and citys and dosent give a darn how it effects any one else. now how dose that sound similar also that move set was just a sugestion just like the charachter. also to kirby fan the overlord has had about 4 games including the resent one on the xbox 360.

RE: Game cast- vote here - killme - 08-12-2009

(08-12-2009, 05:57 PM)onyx801 Wrote:
(08-12-2009, 05:34 AM)Rags Wrote:

huh

I stand corrected

dude half of those moves are way diffrent then olimars. and last time i checked these threds were open to suggestions. i didn't say he had to be in i just suggested it if you have such a problem with it then thats your prob. also olimar is a wimp if you hadnt notice in brawl he was shaking in fear of one r.o.b the overlord conquers towns and citys and dosent give a darn how it effects any one else. now how dose that sound similar also that move set was just a sugestion just like the charachter. also to kirby fan the overlord has had about 4 games including the resent one on the xbox 360.

Olimar has 2 games, but they're way more popular than that crap. Plus, He'd be a clone of Olimar with that moveset.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Ton - 08-13-2009

There are only 4/5 Zelda characters because they are the only important ones. All other characters have only appeared in one game and don't warrant the screentime the big three do. Sheik and Toon Link are alternate forms of the characters, so they're in by default.
If there was another Zelda rep, it would be Tingle. I haven't played much of his games, so I don't know what a moveset would be. I just don't think that most people would want anything to do with him as a character. He works better as an NPC. And I don't want to add more Zelda characters for the same reason I don't want to add more Metroid characters (barring Ridley); they're simply not important enough.
Other games are being brought to 4 to expand the cast. Mario is the exception. All of the important Mario characters are already in Smash. Jr and Geno and admittedly second tier characters and I wasn't sure about their inclusion, but to include all of the Pokemon characters, we needed to pad the cast. Jr was a natural choice, and Geno is the most popular of the RPG characters, so I thought they fit.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Koopaul - 08-15-2009

Well I'd just say lessen the amount of Pokemon.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Ton - 08-15-2009

That goes against the idea of including all past Smash characters. We haven't added any new Pokemon characters. All of them that are listed now are from past games. The only one that might be cut is Pichu if we can't think of a good moveset for him. And if that happens, he'll be replaced by a new Pokemon character.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Teddy The Elite - 08-17-2009

Honestly, Pichu should be replaced. Even if a good new moveset COULD be made for him, it'd probably be too similiar to Pikachu's. Why not add someone like Darkrai?

RE: Game cast- vote here - Teeks - 08-17-2009

If a new Pokemon character is to replace Pichu it will be either a 2nd or 3rd Gen. Not another 4th gen.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Kairos - 08-17-2009

Meowth

problem solved.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Koopaul - 08-17-2009

Or just not have Pichu or a replacement at all. That will save space.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Wes - 08-17-2009

Pichu should be included because he'll probably be popular in the near future. HeatGold and SoulSilver have that special event with the Notch-Eared Pichu and the Pikachu-colored Pichu. Plus, he makes the most sense out of any 2nd or 3rd gen pokemon. Another 1st gen like Meowth would be way too many and No other 4th gens are important enough.

Moveset wouldn't be a problem either. Thundershock, Tail Whip, Charm, Thunder Wave, and Sweet Kiss could all work for B moves. And those are just ones that he learns by leveling up. In Brawl, Pikachu uses Thunder Jolt (made up move for Smash) and SKull Bash (which he could only learn as a TM move in Generation 1). We could give him TM moves like Iron Tail. Or maybe Charge and another Electric move (Shock Wave?) as a B move that can be charged up and Stored like DK's Giant Punch.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Ton - 08-17-2009

(08-17-2009, 03:52 PM)Teeks Wrote: If a new Pokemon character is to replace Pichu it will be either a 2nd or 3rd Gen. Not another 4th gen.
This.
(08-17-2009, 05:22 PM)Wes Wrote: Pichu should be included because he'll probably be popular in the near future. HeatGold and SoulSilver have that special event with the Notch-Eared Pichu and the Pikachu-colored Pichu. Plus, he makes the most sense out of any 2nd or 3rd gen pokemon. Another 1st gen like Meowth would be way too many and No other 4th gens are important enough.

Moveset wouldn't be a problem either. Thundershock, Tail Whip, Charm, Thunder Wave, and Sweet Kiss could all work for B moves. And those are just ones that he learns by leveling up. In Brawl, Pikachu uses Thunder Jolt (made up move for Smash) and SKull Bash (which he could only learn as a TM move in Generation 1). We could give him TM moves like Iron Tail. Or maybe Charge and another Electric move (Shock Wave?) as a B move that can be charged up and Stored like DK's Giant Punch.
And this.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Koopaul - 08-17-2009

Eh I thought we were fine with what Brawl gave us.

Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Jigglypuff
Lucario or Mewtwo

RE: Game cast- vote here - Teeks - 08-17-2009

But the whole idea is that we're trying to bring back all the characters featured thus far. With the exception of Dr. Mario as he is literally the same person as Mario, and Young Link because, same as Dr. Mario and Toon Link took his spot completely. Pichu could at least be a different Pokemon than the Pikachu in the game and it doesn't seem fair to to bring back all the others but not bring back Pichu.