The VG Resource
Game cast- No new character suggestions - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: Game cast- No new character suggestions (/thread-7716.html)

RE: Game cast- vote here - Teeks - 08-09-2009

In fairness though, Mario is the main Nintendo franchise and has nearly 100 games to the name. That's more than any of the other franchises can say. Yes, more franchises need representationt too, but it only makes sense for Mario to have the most.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Kitsu - 08-09-2009

(08-09-2009, 08:05 PM)koopaul Wrote: EDIT: Why doesn't anyone else want Goroh?

For me, it's 'cuz he's another sword-user. AGH!

However, he's still the second most well-known F-Zero character, so I can't argue much.

RE: Game cast- vote here - $uperLugia95 - 08-09-2009

(08-09-2009, 06:20 PM)Black Boo Wrote:
(08-09-2009, 03:43 PM)Sol Wrote: There are already plenty of Zelda characters.

Link, Zelda and Sheik, Ganondorf and Toon Link, that's 4 characters, 5 if you count Zelda and Sheik as separate characters, which I do. I'd be fine with Zelda assist trophies, though. We all know you love Zelda so much, but the Zelda series really doesn't need more characters at this point.

Okay, so Zelda's got 4 (I count Zelda and Sheik as one as they're the same person), while Mario and related have...what, TEN? (I'm counting Geno, DK, Diddy, and K. Rool as the latter three have appeared in mario sports games) Qute frankly, we could use some balancing out here...

And okay, I'm a small bias, so what?

@Teeks: Oh god no, not Tingle. He's had two of his own games IN JAPAN, and here in america, he's pretty much hated. >_>

And even if we do include Tingle, I wouldn't throw him in with the Zelda lot anymore, as he's becoming like Wario. Started off in Zelda, now getting his own games.

King K. Rool has NEVER been in a Mario game. The DK series is seperate!! Sonic's been in 3 Mario games but that doesn't make them the same series. So yeah. I still say we need MORE Zelda charecters. NO TINGLE!!!
(08-09-2009, 08:40 PM)Teeks Wrote: In fairness though, Mario is the main Nintendo franchise and has nearly 100 games to the name. That's more than any of the other franchises can say. Yes, more franchises need representationt too, but it only makes sense for Mario to have the most.

True...true

RE: Game cast- vote here - Koopaul - 08-09-2009

Actually K. Rool has starred in Mario Super Sluggers.

Also I don't get your argument against Tingle. I'd prefer him over any of the others you suggested. He makes more sense.

Though I still don't want him in.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Angelglory - 08-10-2009

There's always Black Shadow for a second F-Zero character + he's a villain.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Teeks - 08-10-2009

Does F-Zero really need a second character? Yes, I understand it's had just as many games as Star Fox, and even more than franchises like Mother which has 4 reps but really guys, it's a racing game. There's not much there. Captain Falcon is the only real notable character from the franchise. I don't think it needs more than one rep. I'd much rather have more single rep franchise, than an extra F-Zero character.

RE: Game cast- vote here - old_man_gaga - 08-10-2009

Just thought I'd put this one out here but, has anyone even started PROGRAMMING the game. Because I mainly see you guys arguing about who gets in and who doesn't, argue about costumes for the characters and the rest. So has anyone actually worked on the game, or not?

RE: Game cast- vote here - onyx801 - 08-10-2009

is it possible to make the overlord and his minons as playable charachters

RE: Game cast- vote here - Kitsu - 08-10-2009

(08-10-2009, 10:54 AM)old_man_gaga Wrote: Just thought I'd put this one out here but, has anyone even started PROGRAMMING the game. Because I mainly see you guys arguing about who gets in and who doesn't, argue about costumes for the characters and the rest. So has anyone actually worked on the game, or not?

Yes. Go check out the pinned "Game?" topic.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Ekoi - 08-10-2009

I'd have to say no to Overlord.

It's more of a 360/PS3 thing.

RE: Game cast- vote here - killme - 08-10-2009

If there's gonna be a new Mario character, I think it should be Paper Mario. He's already done (being redone a little it, I think), and he has his own moveset.

RE: Game cast- vote here - old_man_gaga - 08-10-2009

(08-10-2009, 11:47 AM)Sploder Wrote:
(08-10-2009, 10:54 AM)old_man_gaga Wrote: Just thought I'd put this one out here but, has anyone even started PROGRAMMING the game. Because I mainly see you guys arguing about who gets in and who doesn't, argue about costumes for the characters and the rest. So has anyone actually worked on the game, or not?

Yes. Go check out the pinned "Game?" topic.

huh. where?

RE: Game cast- vote here - onyx801 - 08-10-2009

(08-10-2009, 12:06 PM)Ekoi Wrote: I'd have to say no to Overlord.

It's more of a 360/PS3 thing.

but think of the potential he would have in this kind of game.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Koopaul - 08-10-2009

(08-10-2009, 01:21 AM)Teeks Wrote: Does F-Zero really need a second character? Yes, I understand it's had just as many games as Star Fox, and even more than franchises like Mother which has 4 reps but really guys, it's a racing game. There's not much there. Captain Falcon is the only real notable character from the franchise. I don't think it needs more than one rep. I'd much rather have more single rep franchise, than an extra F-Zero character.

I think that's being a little biased. As far as "notable" goes you could say the same thing for any franchise someone is not familiar with. F-Zero has a huge cast of characters and stories. There's so much there that is neglected. It even had its own TV series.

Being the huge ass Nintendo fan I am, I like to categorize franchises in what their importance is and if they deserve more characters. Here's how I see it, for each principle applied to each franchise they get one character:

-If its a classic (appeared on SNES or older)
-If it has a series of three or more
-If it is a lively franchise (releases many games all the time)
-If it has a huge fan base

F-Zero has two out of those four. Therefor I believe it is worthy of having two characters.

Mother has three out of those four therefor it can have three characters.

RE: Game cast- vote here - killme - 08-10-2009

(08-10-2009, 04:39 PM)koopaul Wrote:
(08-10-2009, 01:21 AM)Teeks Wrote: Does F-Zero really need a second character? Yes, I understand it's had just as many games as Star Fox, and even more than franchises like Mother which has 4 reps but really guys, it's a racing game. There's not much there. Captain Falcon is the only real notable character from the franchise. I don't think it needs more than one rep. I'd much rather have more single rep franchise, than an extra F-Zero character.

I think that's being a little biased. As far as "notable" goes you could say the same thing for any franchise someone is not familiar with. F-Zero has a huge cast of characters and stories. There's so much there that is neglected. It even had its own TV series.

Being the huge ass Nintendo fan I am, I like to categorize franchises in what their importance is and if they deserve more characters. Here's how I see it, for each principle applied to each franchise they get one character:

-If its a classic (appeared on SNES or older)
-If it has a series of three or more
-If it is a lively franchise (releases many games all the time)
-If it has a huge fan base

F-Zero has two out of those four. Therefor I believe it is worthy of having two characters.

Mother has three out of those four therefor it can have three characters.

The Lolo series has 2 of those 4, and I give Lolo an extra 1 for appearing in Kirby games.