The VG Resource
Player Pitch Pit (Discussion Complete) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: Player Pitch Pit (Discussion Complete) (/thread-9775.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: Player Pitch Pit - Alpha Six - 11-26-2009

(11-26-2009, 10:17 PM)Cshad Wrote: Why should we use a character that can pretty much be Sonic, Mario, Sheik, and Ike (and more) all in one?
This, and the other third parties mentioned in Rags's post would be better reps anyway. Sure, Ryu's first game(s) were on the NES, but his newer games don't even touch any of their other consoles, excluding Ninja Gaiden DS which was more of a port than anything else.
and to deviate from making every other suggestion that was invalidated valid again;

ryu also isn't easy to come up with a movelist for

he's got so many weapons and so many combos for each weapon, and so many abilities that it can't be condensed down to a multidirectional movelist.

RE: Player Pitch Pit - GaryCXJk - 11-26-2009

(11-26-2009, 09:32 PM)Number Six Wrote: And where do his platforming abilties go?

EDIT: And consider this; your movelist just removed all of his Ultimate Techniques, which are pretty much a staple in the Ninja Gaiden series. You also got rid of all of his projectile moves.

Another thing to consider; Ryu can interrupt literally all of his combos by blocking or rolling. If you give him that ability in-game, he's now broken. If you take it out, you just nerfed him.

This is Super Smash Bros. we're talking about. We're not changing game mechanics, just to implement block or roll combo interrupts. And his combos aren't bigger than three A buttons anyway.

Also, use one button for projectiles, like, B. Then, holding B charges the projectile shortly, direction buttons determine what type of projectile it is. Simple as shit.

Also, there was another Ninja Gaiden before the next-gen consoles came out.

Seriously, don't overthink it, and don't act like Ryu Hayabusa is the best game character ever.

And with that, Guybrush Threepwood. Another fine character that has the potention to work. He doesn't just have his sword, with which he's useless anyway, but he also has his wit, his cunningness, and his rubber chicken with a pulley.

RE: Player Pitch Pit - Bazzoka - 11-27-2009

(11-26-2009, 09:26 PM)GaryCXJk Wrote: Power can easily be traded in for speed, and it always balances out.

Meta Knight sez hi :V

He is most definitely not balanced.

Seriously though I don't know what to think. I personally think ninja's are a tad overrated. So I would probably go for Travis Touchdown if only because he seems more original than Ryu. It appeals to me more, as cool as Ryu is.

RE: Player Pitch Pit - Koopaul - 11-27-2009

Honestly I think we can do better.

Atlus has a pretty good relationship with Nintendo. Anything for them?

RE: Player Pitch Pit - Daisydoll - 11-27-2009

This might sound retarded, but how about we go with somebody who was with Nintendo, but got sold off, such as Banjo/Kazooie? By the way, I do not consider Nuts and Bolts as a real BK game.

RE: Player Pitch Pit - Koopaul - 11-27-2009

Because Banjo is not third party. But hey maybe Tonberry will "consider him first party" Tongue

Sorry Ton.

RE: Player Pitch Pit - Alpha Six - 11-27-2009

(11-26-2009, 11:06 PM)GaryCXJk Wrote: And his combos aren't bigger than three A buttons anyway.
you literally have not played a ninja gaiden game that isnt on the NES

(11-26-2009, 11:06 PM)GaryCXJk Wrote: Seriously, don't overthink it, and don't act like Ryu Hayabusa is the best game character ever.
He is though. Don't you try and deny it ;o

(11-26-2009, 11:06 PM)GaryCXJk Wrote: And with that, Guybrush Threepwood. Another fine character that has the potention to work. He doesn't just have his sword, with which he's useless anyway, but he also has his wit, his cunningness, and his rubber chicken with a pulley.
Again... who?
(11-27-2009, 01:32 AM)Daisydoll Wrote: This might sound retarded, but how about we go with somebody who was with Nintendo, but got sold off, such as Banjo/Kazooie? By the way, I do not consider Nuts and Bolts as a real BK game.
rwerjwqkwehter

how many times has it been said in this topic that banjo isn't any kind of party with nintendo

RE: Player Pitch Pit - Gold - 11-27-2009

You don't know who Guybrush Threepwood is??
Doesn't matter anyways, I think he would likely make an awful addition.

Honestly though, to play the devils advocate, whos to say we can't live in the past?
Banjo had what? Four games on Nintendo, plus cameos in a couple others.
Whats he had outside of Nintendo? One game.
And people would understand that there's a difference between Banjo and Master Chief. Hell, most people probably wouldn't even think twice about his nintendo relationship if they saw Banjo in the game, theyd just be all "sweet banjo!" and accept it.

(11-27-2009, 06:24 AM)Arthur Wrote: You don't know who Guybrush Threepwood is??
Doesn't matter anyways, I think he would likely make an awful addition.

Honestly though, to play the devils advocate, whos to say we can't live in the past?
Banjo had what? Four games on Nintendo, plus cameos in a couple others.
Whats he had outside of Nintendo? One game.
And people would understand that there's a difference between Banjo and Master Chief. Hell, most people probably wouldn't even think twice about his nintendo relationship if they saw Banjo in the game, theyd just be all "sweet banjo!" and accept it.
I've said this before; if we let Banjo in, we completely destroy the third-party wall and allow literally anybody to be put in.

It's not 1998; it's 2009.

We wouldn't be opening a wall to let literally everybody in, we'd be sneaking the window open a crack to characters who have been prominant in Nintendo.

All it takes is one crack to shove a hole in a wall.
i think i just aged 60 years by saying that

We wouldn't be opening a wall to let literally everybody in, we'd be sneaking the window open a crack to characters who have been prominant in Nintendo. *A crack that we would keep a heavily armed watch on until we decided to board up the window for good.
But what ever, like I said I'm just playing the devil advocate. Tongue

RE: Player Pitch Pit - Rökkan - 11-27-2009

(11-26-2009, 07:26 PM)Teddy The Elite Wrote:
(11-26-2009, 07:29 AM)Rökkan Wrote: Alternatively, instead of Black Mage, we could have three Light Warriors in one character, like Warrior/Black Mage/White Mage.

That would be interesting. How would the change work? Like, they touch a job crystal, then change?

I was more thinking of a tag-switch (like Pokemon Trainer), but this works much better!
Anyone up for a Light Warrior character instead of Black Mage?

(11-26-2009, 10:05 PM)koopaul Wrote:
(11-26-2009, 08:33 PM)Number Six Wrote: Ryu Hayabusa is a ninja gifted with the extraordinary powers I already listed above. You can't resize him to make him fit with the characters because he's already at a decent height, so what are you going to do, take away his abilities that make him who he is?

Okay I watched it, so he has super fast combos... How is that over powered? You're making him sound like he can warp time, move mountains and destroy galaxies. He's just really really fast!

I don't think you read my post. He actually can move mountains and warp through dimensions (warping through time wouldn't be hard as well). He just can't destroy galaxies....... yet.

(11-26-2009, 10:17 PM)Cshad Wrote: Tyvon is trying to portray him as Jesus

No, Ryu isn't Jesus.

He's more powerful than him.

Seriously though, Sheik is already "the ninja" of the series, adding Ryu would just look like a redundant character of Sheik, or of Meta-Knight, or even of Sonic. And as Tyvon already said, we would have to take out some of his signature moves to fit a moveset, this won't go really well. I still think that we should add Bomberman even though Hudson is a division of Konami.

(11-27-2009, 01:28 AM)koopaul Wrote: Honestly I think we can do better.

Atlus has a pretty good relationship with Nintendo. Anything for them?

I checked, double-checked, but Atlus doesn't have any memorable character or any franchise at all. The closest thing we can put is a character from Snowboard Kids, and we won't put a Snowboard Kids character there... Will us?

Atlus' mascot is Jack Frost, which is.... A snowman... Will'o Lantern.... thing....
So yeah, no Atlus >:

RE: Player Pitch Pit - GaryCXJk - 11-27-2009

I think adding Bomberman in would be a bigger Travisty than putting Travis in over Samurai Goroh.

Are you serious?

No, really.

Are you serious?