The VG Resource
Game cast- No new character suggestions - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: Game cast- No new character suggestions (/thread-7716.html)

RE: Game cast- vote here - Ton - 08-09-2009

Hm, that could be a fun character.

RE: Game cast- vote here - soulcaliburfan - 08-09-2009

Captain Rainbow would make for a great character. The Porky mech is looking great btw. I am not sure how to fix the legs though...

RE: Game cast- vote here - Black Boo - 08-09-2009

Y'know, I love how you guys aren't considering adding in anyone to the Zelda series, which I find a shame that the roster's going so unchanged. Personally, eligable candidates are:

Din/Nayru
Veran
Onox
Vaati (Minish Cap)
Midna (Princess)
Toon Zelda/Tetra

Not-so-eligable
Kafei
Ricky/Moosh/Dimitiri
Wolf Link

Assist Trophies
Farore
Midna (Imp)Skull Kid (with Majora's Mask)
Blano/Might Punch

RE: Game cast- vote here - Sol - 08-09-2009

There are already plenty of Zelda characters.

Link, Zelda and Sheik, Ganondorf and Toon Link, that's 4 characters, 5 if you count Zelda and Sheik as separate characters, which I do. I'd be fine with Zelda assist trophies, though. We all know you love Zelda so much, but the Zelda series really doesn't need more characters at this point.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Helmo - 08-09-2009

Nobody likes Takamaru or Mike Jones :[

RE: Game cast- vote here - SKELTON S. SKELETON - 08-09-2009

GRAY FOX (cyborg ninja)
radd spencer **sunglasses**

RE: Game cast- vote here - Teeks - 08-09-2009

(08-09-2009, 03:08 PM)Black Boo Wrote: Y'know, I love how you guys aren't considering adding in anyone to the Zelda series, which I find a shame that the roster's going so unchanged. Personally, eligable candidates are:

Din/Nayru
Veran
Onox
Vaati (Minish Cap)
Midna (Princess)
Toon Zelda/Tetra

Not-so-eligable
Kafei
Ricky/Moosh/Dimitiri
Wolf Link

Assist Trophies
Farore
Midna (Imp)Skull Kid (with Majora's Mask)
Blano/Might Punch

Personally, I think Tingle is the best candidate for another Zelda rep because unlike all those other characters you listed, he's had two of his own games, with two more on the way. That's only one less than the entire Star Fox series.

(08-09-2009, 04:33 PM)Sam Wrote: Nobody likes Takamaru or Mike Jones :[

I support Mike Jones! StarTropics is an awesome game.

I also still support Starfy. He's starred in 5 of his own games. I think that's a hefty number considering roster members like Ice Climbers and Olimar haven't had that many.

RE: Game cast- vote here - MaverickETC - 08-09-2009

Should Excitebike (or the 'Excite series', I guess) have a character, or stay as an assist trophy?
Should Excitebike (or the 'Excite series', I guess) have a character?

RE: Game cast- vote here - Black Boo - 08-09-2009

(08-09-2009, 03:43 PM)Sol Wrote: There are already plenty of Zelda characters.

Link, Zelda and Sheik, Ganondorf and Toon Link, that's 4 characters, 5 if you count Zelda and Sheik as separate characters, which I do. I'd be fine with Zelda assist trophies, though. We all know you love Zelda so much, but the Zelda series really doesn't need more characters at this point.

Okay, so Zelda's got 4 (I count Zelda and Sheik as one as they're the same person), while Mario and related have...what, TEN? (I'm counting Geno, DK, Diddy, and K. Rool as the latter three have appeared in mario sports games) Qute frankly, we could use some balancing out here...

And okay, I'm a small bias, so what?

@Teeks: Oh god no, not Tingle. He's had two of his own games IN JAPAN, and here in america, he's pretty much hated. >_>

And even if we do include Tingle, I wouldn't throw him in with the Zelda lot anymore, as he's becoming like Wario. Started off in Zelda, now getting his own games.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Teeks - 08-09-2009

Why not Tingle? What's wrong with him? He's an interesting character and isn't hated by everyone, especially not Nintendo. And his Rupeeland game was released in Europe as well.

Saying not to include him because he's only had games in Japan isn't a good reason because then we'd have no Lucas in Brawl or no Marth and Roy in Melee. Region isn't a valid arguement.

I don't think Ton plans to add anymore Zelda characters anyway, but I'm just saying if there were to be one, it should be Tingle.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Kairos - 08-09-2009

oh god yes

they need to be in.

oh god yes

they need to be in.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Koopaul - 08-09-2009

Teeks is right about Tingle. He does outrank all the other suggested choices. He's even getting another new game soon!

But I don't want him in. Not because Tingle is a bad choice, but because Zelda has enough. Unless we consider him his own series like Wario and Yoshi.

@MaverickETC:
The Excite Series are good for both Assist and Stage I would think.

@Sam:
I'd like Takumaru to replace Goroh as the slicing Assist and make Samurai Goroh a new character.

Remember guys if you want a franchise to be represented in this game there's still always Stages and Assists. Look Electroplankton got its own stage so did Animal Crossing, and they didn't have a playable character.

EDIT: Why doesn't anyone else want Goroh?

Also like Rags mentioned Viewtiful Joe and Mega Man are both from Capcom it wouldn't be fair to have two characters from the same company.

(08-09-2009, 06:20 PM)Black Boo Wrote: Okay, so Zelda's got 4 (I count Zelda and Sheik as one as they're the same person), while Mario and related have...what, TEN? (I'm counting Geno, DK, Diddy, and K. Rool as the latter three have appeared in mario sports games) Qute frankly, we could use some balancing out here...

"Balancing out" in that sense is only relative to the Mario and Zelda series, though. Adding a Zelda character makes the character roster, as a whole, more unbalanced. This is why Tonberry was adding characters from less represented series.

I do agree with you that the Mario series has a lot of characters, although I don't really consider DK and co. Mario characters in the strictest sense.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Koopaul - 08-09-2009

Sol, if that was true he wouldn't have added Jr. and Geno which I do not want in the game for that reason.

Oh wow, that really is a lot of Mario characters... Well, personally I don't think they should be in the game either, then, hahah. Series with smaller amounts of characters should be the ones getting more.