The VG Resource
Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+------ Forum: Pokemon (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-69.html)
+------ Thread: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? (/thread-16801.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Chutzpar - 03-30-2011

Black City and White Forest empty out if you don't beat the Elite Four within 10 days of starting your game, I believe. You have to use Entralink with someone, find the NPCs in their game, and invite them to populate the Black City or White Forest for you.

I found this out about 5 days after I got the game, when I hadn't even beaten Gym 3 yet. Suffice to say, by the time I get to the White Forest it's going to be DEAD :c

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Perseus - 03-31-2011

(03-30-2011, 06:20 PM)Baegal Wrote:
(03-30-2011, 12:44 PM)Ike Wrote: A while ago, I beat an Audino over level 60 and my Pokemon was holding a Lucky Egg, it gave my Pokemon over 17000 exp points!
Where? The highest Level Audino I've seen was 55 in Giant Chasm :C

In the big Sports Dome in Nimbasa City. A nurse had it

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Locked Achievement - 03-31-2011

(03-30-2011, 08:22 PM)Tachikoma Wrote: Black City and White Forest empty out if you don't beat the Elite Four within 10 days of starting your game, I believe. You have to use Entralink with someone, find the NPCs in their game, and invite them to populate the Black City or White Forest for you.

I found this out about 5 days after I got the game, when I hadn't even beaten Gym 3 yet. Suffice to say, by the time I get to the White Forest it's going to be DEAD :c

Really? I think I beat the game within 10 days of getting it and White forest is virtually empty. Besides the pre-set characters that say 'its so nice to live outdoors in a frickin' forest.'

If not it was probably about 11 days.

But I wouldn't expect Nintendo to allow the game to be beat in ten days to unlock something. I would have thought they would want you to enjoy the game by not rushing it.

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Maxpphire - 03-31-2011

I beat the game in like 3ish days so I'm fine Cool

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - TomGuycott - 03-31-2011

I'm taking it slow my first time through, but if I feel like it I might end up trading all my worthwhile pokemon to someone and then having them trade them back to a NEW game, in which I'll beat it as quick as I can and skip lots of stuff until later. I just had so much fun exploring, searching for items and fighting every trainer I found.

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Maxpphire - 03-31-2011

(03-31-2011, 12:46 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: I'm taking it slow my first time through, but if I feel like it I might end up trading all my worthwhile pokemon to someone and then having them trade them back to a NEW game, in which I'll beat it as quick as I can and skip lots of stuff until later. I just had so much fun exploring, searching for items and fighting every trainer I found.

Thats generally what I do after I beat the game, I guess it makes no big deal to me to explore after the storyline.

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Cheshire Mk-II - 03-31-2011

Whats a good moveset for an escavalier?

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Wes - 03-31-2011

(03-31-2011, 04:24 PM)Cheshire Mk-II Wrote: Whats a good moveset for an escavalier?
Mine has Iron Head, X-Scissor, Swords Dance, and Iron Defense. I was going to replace his two non-attack moves but I never got around to thinking of better ones. But those two are his best STAB physical moves.

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Cshad - 03-31-2011

Swords Dance/Megahorn/Iron Head/Pursuit (or Substitute) is pretty okay

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Devicho - 03-31-2011

Wow, I've only done a few trades so far, but I'm digging the GTS Negotiations system. It's awfully nice being able to get Pokemon you haven't seen yet unlike with the regular GTS. Got a Japanese Meganium and an Eevee for regular stuff laying around my boxes. Working on breeding starters from my copy of Diamond to transfer over to Black.

Speaking of transferring, is it like the Pal Park where you can only do it once a day, or can you do it multiple times? I could've sworn I saw at one point that it didn't have a one-a-day limit, but I could be wrong. (Which I'm guessing is more likely.)

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Sol - 03-31-2011

Just defeated Brycen today. He was so easy! I took out his entire team with my Simisear, basically, and Simisear is the worst Pokemon on my team!

Speaking of ice Pokemon, is it just me or is the Vanillite line just a hilariously charming idea for a Pokemon? My Vanillite evolved into a Vanillish and I'm pretty happy about it. Smile

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - TomGuycott - 03-31-2011

(03-31-2011, 09:51 PM)Sol Wrote: Speaking of ice Pokemon, is it just me or is the Vanillite line just a hilariously charming idea for a Pokemon? My Vanillite evolved into a Vanillish and I'm pretty happy about it. Smile

They indeed are. The only idea that could be even better than that is adding an evo to Vanillish in the next game, evolving it using a Dusk Stone to turn it into an Ice/Dark type Chocolate icecream.

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Wes - 04-01-2011

(03-31-2011, 08:10 PM)Devicho Wrote: Wow, I've only done a few trades so far, but I'm digging the GTS Negotiations system. It's awfully nice being able to get Pokemon you haven't seen yet unlike with the regular GTS. Got a Japanese Meganium and an Eevee for regular stuff laying around my boxes. Working on breeding starters from my copy of Diamond to transfer over to Black.

Speaking of transferring, is it like the Pal Park where you can only do it once a day, or can you do it multiple times? I could've sworn I saw at one point that it didn't have a one-a-day limit, but I could be wrong. (Which I'm guessing is more likely.)

No transferring is unlimited, as much as you want. The only restriction is that you have to send 6 at a time.

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Teddy The Elite - 04-01-2011

Caught all three Musketeers. Working on training for the tSR tournament~

Also, I just want some opinions. Would Cobalion(Jolly) be better as a sweeper or more of a wall?

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Perseus - 04-01-2011

Yay, it's Winter now! Time for my 3rd favourite type to come out and play!