The VG Resource
Player Pitch Pit (Discussion Complete) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: Player Pitch Pit (Discussion Complete) (/thread-9775.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: Player Pitch Pit - Alpha Six - 11-24-2009

(11-24-2009, 05:02 PM)Rags Wrote: Beyond Good and Evil is a really, really obscure
welp, that explains it

RE: Player Pitch Pit - Bazzoka - 11-24-2009

(11-24-2009, 05:05 PM)Teddy The Elite Wrote: I also think there are too many "human-like" characters, IMO.

Why is having too many human/human-like characters a problem? There's 30+ human/human-like characters as it is which is over half, and I was just getting that from the old roster we had up.

RE: Player Pitch Pit - Koopaul - 11-24-2009

Choosing third party companies after Sega, Komami, Square, Capcom, Namco and Hudson is REALLY hard. Good luck.

RE: Player Pitch Pit - Teddy The Elite - 11-24-2009

(11-24-2009, 05:31 PM)Bazzoka Wrote:
(11-24-2009, 05:05 PM)Teddy The Elite Wrote: I also think there are too many "human-like" characters, IMO.

Why is having too many human/human-like characters a problem? There's 30+ human/human-like characters as it is which is over half, and I was just getting that from the old roster we had up.

I'm just trying to say that if we're not careful, it could turn into something like Street Fighter or Tekken.

... What does Smash Bros. have in common to Tekken/Street Fighter? It'll never turn into either of those because Smash Bros. if very different then both of them, even if they're both fighting games.

RE: Player Pitch Pit - Teddy The Elite - 11-24-2009

(11-24-2009, 06:06 PM)Bazzoka Wrote: ... What does Smash Bros. have in common to Tekken/Street Fighter? It'll never turn into either of those because Smash Bros. if very different then both of them, even if they're both fighting games.

Well, I just feel like having too many "human" characters would start to ruin the game because then it's less like Samus v Pikachu and more like Marth v Link and Fox v Snake.

Hasn't it always? :V *rimshot*

Seriously though, don't worry about. People will play as characters they like. If people like to play as Snake or Pit more than Kirby or Yoshi, then that's fine. There'll be people who rather play as the non-human characters as well. It'll still have the Smash Bros. feel of pitting a ton of characters from different worlds while Tekken/Street Fighter has characters made specifically made for it, not to say that's a bad thing.

RE: Player Pitch Pit - Carpaccio - 11-24-2009

Well...my ideas...hmmm...kinda random.
1: Fawful (Mario + Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story), Dark Fawful
-Fawful = Technology user, fights solo, recovery move would be headgear, Physical attack standard weak punches, ranged attacks ray gun and various explosives. Final Smash would perhaps be a satellite attack.
-Dark Fawful = Magic user, fights solo, basic attacks physical punches with magic enhancement, ranged and special attacks magic based and gradually become more powerful. Final Smash would be similar to Bowser and Ganondorf's, by transforming into his Giant Bug form and use related attacks.
2: Dracula ( Castlevania ) = Uses typical Castlevania attacks, perhaps based off his Judgment moves. Ranged attacks the usual fireballs, final smash would be his huge demon form.
3: The Evil Twins (Crash Twinsanity) = These two I've always wanted in a fighting game. Heck I'd pay for this. They would fight together in Popo and Nana style, perhaps though they could not be separated. Technology users, physical attacks would be possibly tasers, ranged attacks would be more like lasers and explosives, possibly psychic abilities. Final Smash would either be their mech, or an immense psychic attack.
4: Dragon Lord (Dragon Quest/ Dragon Warrior) = This guy would be really cool I think. Magic user of course, physical attacks would be magically enhanced blows with his staff. Ranged attacks would be magical as would be expected. Final Smash would be his dragon form.
5: Deathborn (F-Zero...Something) = This guy I've always liked. He'd probably just end up being a Ganon clone though. Strong physical attacks...etc.

RE: Player Pitch Pit - Kitsu - 11-24-2009

@Carpaccio,
1. I don't think we need another Mario character, though Fawful would likely be one of the next in line.
2. Konami character is pretty much already decided (Snake).
3. Why would villains of series make it in, while the main character didn't?
4. Again, I don't think Dragon Quest is likely to get a character over other franchises, and if it did, it probably wouldn't be the villain instead of the main character.
5. Hey look, an F-Zero character who's a clone of a character who is a clone of an F-Zero character! Seriously, I don't think so. And even if I did think so, he wouldn't be a Ganondorf clone.

No offense, but I don't think any of your ideas are viable for this project.

Also, I agree with Teddy that there are a lot of human characters; unfortunately, there aren't really many more non-human characters available anyway.

RE: Player Pitch Pit - Koopaul - 11-24-2009

Do cartoony guys like Mario, Ness and Olimar count as human characters? Because when you mention Fox its like you are only talking about the mature humanoid characters.

If so then we have: Around 29 Non-human characters and around 21 human-like characters.

RE: Player Pitch Pit - Teddy The Elite - 11-25-2009

I mean characters that either are human, resemble humans(Samus), or are more human than "creature"(Fox).

RE: Player Pitch Pit - D2S-Speed - 11-25-2009

(11-24-2009, 05:39 PM)koopaul Wrote: Choosing third party companies after Sega, Komami, Square, Capcom, Namco and Hudson is REALLY hard. Good luck.

Just three more companies. Is Bomberman going to be in for Hudson.

RE: Player Pitch Pit - Wes - 11-25-2009

Bomberman would be the likely choice for Hudson, but technically Hudson is owned by Konami and we already have Snake.

RE: Player Pitch Pit - MaverickETC - 11-25-2009

If we're still in need of companies, I still vote for Tecmo...

RE: Player Pitch Pit - Kairos - 11-25-2009

So the remaining possibilities are;

Grasshopper Manufacture- Travis Touchdown
Treasure- Marina Lightyears
Tecmo- Ryu Hayabusa
Hudson- Bomberman
Level-5(?)- Layton

Confirmed companies, but no decided reps are;

Namco- Klonoa, KOS-MOS, Pac-Man
Square- Black Mage, Chocobo Geno.

Confrimed 3rd parties are;

Konami- Snake