The VG Resource
Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! Now on New 3DS WOAH! - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Discussion Boards (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-133.html)
+--- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-135.html)
+--- Thread: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! Now on New 3DS WOAH! (/thread-25396.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - GaryCXJk - 11-08-2014

What about affordable figurines? I mean, I have a Tashigi figurine (One Piece) and I never take it out of the box due to how expensive she is. It. How expensive it is. The figurine.

With amiibo, I actually can display it on a shelf for me to display it for others to see on a shelf.

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - Kosheh - 11-08-2014

(11-07-2014, 08:42 PM)Kriven Wrote: It all depends on what they do with them, like you said... but there doesn't seem to be any guarantee that the Amiibo will have much use at all with some titles. I mean, Pikachu doesn't seem to do anything yet, does it? I think Nintendo have bit off a little more than they can chew by making so many of these things at one time.

"I wanna buy this physical DLC promised to work with everything, but I want the DLC to work, like, right fricken now"

I can't believe I'm getting into the Nintendo fanboy mentality here, but by the time you've made enough use of the Pikachu amiibo in Smash, they'll release another game where he's practical once again.  Also - an amiibo isn't REQUIRED to play the game, it merely adds additional gameplay and replay value to an already robust title. It's the cherry on top of a videogame ice cream sundae.

That said, it's kind of a waiting game at this point for some of the amiibo... and uh, I think Pikachu will be practical soon; Pit and Lil Mac, on the other hand...

Quote:Nintendo is now "internally discussing" how it can use Amiibo with an Animal Crossing game

Oh Really Now Nintendo :0)

Personally I wouldn't mind "cheaper amiibo" if they just released them in coin form; imagine like, Smash trophy bases. Then, you could buy more and not have to have them clutter on a shelf. You just stack them together. :V

What gets me about the amiibos to begin with, though is how you're able to write information to the amiibo and read information from an amiibo.
How are you going to do that with a printed trading card? Unless they actually place an NFC chip in a card, making it...not as cheap...

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - Kriven - 11-08-2014

Basically every response has been: "Wait, there will be more."

But we don't know what that more will be or which figures will continue to have more support in the future.

Also, $12 for a cherry is fucking ridiculous.

If there was a more outlined plan for these things and a guarantee they did something substantial in every game that supported Amiibos, I wouldn't feel so salty. We don't have that, though. Right now we have some kind of promise that some of them will have future uses in some games maybe.

I don't want the DLC to work right frikkin' now... I want to know what it's going to be right frikkin' now.

Like I said, I think this is from trying to make too many at one time... They probably should have started with ten or twelve of them and made sure there was support for them in all Amiibo games (like, imagine if the Mario amiibo unlocked the Firebar Sword for Link if it was used in Hyrule Warriors. Maybe Little Mac could give Darunia boxing gloves). Right now it's like: "Yo dawg, buy Link or you're wasting your time."

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - GaryCXJk - 11-08-2014

Wait, what?

We already said all of the amiibo have uses directly at release in three games, Super Smash Bros. (AI fighters), Mario Kart 8 (Mii costumes) and Hyrule Warriors (Link's spinner, or randomly a weapon or ingredient, with the weapons apparently being ones not found in regular DLC I suppose).

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - Kriven - 11-08-2014

Except they don't... only ten of the launch twelve have a costume in MK8, and only one does anything of value in Hyrule Warriors. I don't think you read what I said very closely. Giving me an item attainable in the game is not a valuable use. The unique figures should offer something unique to all Amiibo-enabled games.

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - TomGuycott - 11-08-2014

So apparently the Koei tweet about the Zelda specific weapon with her Amiibo was either mistranslated, misunderstood or untrue. So for now just the Spinner is Amiibo specific.

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - NICKtendo DS - 11-09-2014

I already wanted Captain Falcon, just because. But now I get his gear in Mario Kart 8. Only better.

Do we forget the other purpose of Amiibo? Sharing the experience? These things are designed to travel. Not only can you pit your Amiibo against your friend's, but when you want to unlock all Amiibo costumes for Mario Kart 8, but don't want to buy all figures, you can ask a friend to bring one you don't have and vice versa (if this is confirmed untrue, then Nintendo is just really stupid). The effects aren't grand for a reason. Maybe unlocking the Spinner in HW, but Link's arsenal is huge as it is. Do you really need it? Ignore the fact that I'll be getting the Link Amiibo for that specific reason.

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - TomGuycott - 11-10-2014

This says SOMETHING about Amibos and Hyrule warriors. I just don't know what.

[Image: tumblr_neuvwb62ny1t85acso1_1280.png]

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - Jermungandr - 11-11-2014

(11-08-2014, 10:27 AM)Kriven Wrote: Also, $12 for a cherry is fucking ridiculous.

That's what she said!

... ...

I'm so sorry.

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - recme - 11-11-2014

$12 for a cherry thats optional aint that bad. its not like amiibos are required for your vidya gaems. if you dont think it'll be worth you while, then dont buy it. :I

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - Vipershark - 11-11-2014

Shulk amiibo is GameStop exclusive.

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - Mystie - 11-11-2014

(11-11-2014, 06:36 PM)Vipershark Wrote: Shulk amiibo is GameStop exclusive.

Interesting, but what does that have to do with Hyrule Warriors or what Recme was saying?

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - psychospacecow - 11-11-2014

(11-11-2014, 06:39 PM)Mystie Wrote:

Interesting, but what does that have to do with Hyrule Warriors or what Recme was saying?

unannounced dlc?

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - Mystie - 11-11-2014

(11-11-2014, 08:39 PM)psychospacecow Wrote:
(11-11-2014, 06:39 PM)Mystie Wrote:

unannounced dlc?

Hmmmmm...you might be onto something there. Didn't think of that.

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - psychospacecow - 11-11-2014

(11-11-2014, 08:50 PM)Mystie Wrote:
(11-11-2014, 08:39 PM)psychospacecow Wrote:
(11-11-2014, 06:39 PM)Mystie Wrote: Interesting, but what does that have to do with Hyrule Warriors or what Recme was saying?

unannounced dlc?

Hmmmmm...you might be onto something there. Didn't think of that.

I'm really feeling it.