The VG Resource
Game cast- No new character suggestions - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: Game cast- No new character suggestions (/thread-7716.html)

RE: Game cast- vote here - blah475 - 08-01-2009

Falco's FS should be Arwing. It'd look like the ones on corniria.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Teeks - 08-01-2009

(08-01-2009, 11:10 AM)clap12 Wrote: Starfy wouldn't make a good character because his only attack is spinning. He wouldn't have many normal attacks.

This isn't a valid arguement as almost all of the standard movesets for every character in Brawl are made up. I don't remember Mario ever breakdancing to kill people in any of his games.

Starfy's main attack is spinning, this much is true, but he upgrades it throughout the game three times.

B up could be the ultra spin and you can steer it.
B > could his standard side spin used in Brawl, with the fire and what not.
B could be a spin attack that can also deflect items back
B down could be his super spin that he uses to break through crates. It'd be like a fast version of Bowser's down b.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Ravecat - 08-01-2009

Did we get anywhere regarding Bomberman?

RE: Game cast- vote here - Kitsu - 08-01-2009

Regarding a moveset? Not yet.

However, if any Hudson characters got in, it'd likely be him.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Negative-Zer0 - 08-01-2009

(08-01-2009, 08:27 PM)Teeks Wrote:
(08-01-2009, 11:10 AM)clap12 Wrote: Starfy wouldn't make a good character because his only attack is spinning. He wouldn't have many normal attacks.

This isn't a valid arguement as almost all of the standard movesets for every character in Brawl are made up. I don't remember Mario ever breakdancing to kill people in any of his games.

Starfy's main attack is spinning, this much is true, but he upgrades it throughout the game three times.

B down could be his super spin that he uses to break through crates. It'd be like a fast version of Bowser's down b.

In super mario 64 he did. And besides, starfy can BARLEY move any of his body parts.

If you want to use that moveset, you might as well animate him once.

RE: Game cast- vote here - MaverickETC - 08-02-2009

Falcon and the Starfox characters' movesets are basically a lie. Yet, they're some of the best characters in Smash...

All we have to do is make up a lot of things and provide him with stuff he'd probably do...

As for 3rd party characters, are we doing the one character per major company, or are we still doing 3 per company?....Wait, maybe I shouldn't have asked that considering both Joe and Megaman are in, I believe Shy .

Is there a current listing of the considered 3rd party characters that I might be able to see?

RE: Game cast- vote here - Solink - 08-02-2009

Little Mac should definately be in the game
Sure, all he do is punch but he could also take moves from other boxers like Macho's Spin punch, Piston's Rush and the Bear Hug. It would be very easy to come up with a great moveset for him.

Demille/Demiru, Sukapon, the boy/girl from Magical Vacation or even Hakkun(if I don't get lazy and finish him :X)
would be good choices for ''WTF'' characters like Mr Game & Watch was for Melee and ROB was for Brawl.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Baegal - 08-02-2009

sonic, gooey, megaman, and like sploder said, bomberman.

Would NiGHTS be a good character to add in?

RE: Game cast- vote here - D2S-Speed - 08-02-2009

Well I think that the limit for 3rd Party characters was 2 Per Major Company....I think if we do we already have a few good candidates for this game.

Especially Megaman and Viewtiful Joe
For SEGA we have Sonic and Sparkster I think because he was on the SEGA system if he's not apart of SEGa then we need another SEGA character and it can't be another Sonic character I know it's at least one from each series I guess we will have to think this over for a while to see who's in and who's not in for 3rd Parties all I know is we have Sonic,Snake,Megaman,Viewtiful Joe, and that's all I remember.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Teddy The Elite - 08-03-2009

Really? Viewtiful Joe? ...Well, I guess it could be a good moveset. The idea of him in it would just be strange, I guess.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Alpha Six - 08-03-2009

(08-01-2009, 08:27 PM)Teeks Wrote:

Hey Stafy you're lookin' awfully Meta Knight there

RE: Game cast- vote here - Helmo - 08-03-2009

Takamaru/Mike Jones for the guy who nobody knows about

RE: Game cast- vote here - killme - 08-03-2009

Sparkster was on SNES, too...

RE: Game cast- vote here - Toad - 08-03-2009

(07-30-2009, 09:55 AM)Toad Wrote: I vote Dr. Mario
Final smash could be some sort of virus outbreak.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Sol - 08-03-2009

I don't agree with Dr. Mario being a character. I do think that his attacks could easily be made unique and interesting, but he's still the same character as Mario. Having the same character in the game twice doesn't seem like a good idea to me, not to mention that the Mario series already has plenty of characters, and that a few of the other series in Smash Bros. are Mario spin offs. If this game was to have downloadable content, he could always be added as a character later, but for now I think other characters should be focused on and Dr. Mario be turned into a costume. Just my opinion, though.