The VG Resource
Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! Now on New 3DS WOAH! - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Discussion Boards (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-133.html)
+--- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-135.html)
+--- Thread: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! Now on New 3DS WOAH! (/thread-25396.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - TomGuycott - 09-26-2014

[Image: zlCfzSet96wwdmYtmt]

"Hello to everyone in the Americas. This is Eiji Aonuma, the Supervisor of Hyrule Warriors. The game is finally available in North America!

Did you get a chance to play it yet? Hyrule Warriors is a fast-paced Dynasty Warriors game filled with unique elements from The Legend of Zelda series. This game was crafted by the developers at Koei Tecmo Games, who are also fans of the Zelda series, so Zelda fans should have a fun time playing this too. In addition to our hero, Link, you can play as a variety of characters like Princess Zelda, Impa, and Midna, who makes an appearance in The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess, so I hope you'll try them out.

Beyond that, additional downloadable content will become available in Hyrule Warriors after the game launches. The first DLC pack, Master Quest Pack, will be released on October 16. The details of that pack will be revealed soon, but today, let me give you a sneak peak at an additional weapon.

The new weapon added through the Master Quest Pack is...Epona! Some of you may be surprised to hear that Epona is a "weapon", but in Hyrule Warriors, she can team up with Link to attack enemies! I already had a chance to try out Epona in the game. By riding Epona, I was able to blow heards of enemies away and gallop swiftly through the fields, and I had a lot of fun trying out this re-imagined version of her in Hyrule Warriors. In the Zelda series, players never had a chance to tackle bosses by galloping around them with Epona like in Hyrule Warriors, so I hope fans will enjoy playing as Zelda characters in a game with a different type of action than you typically find in the original series.

In addition to Epona, the DLC will include other content as well, like new scenarios and costumes that will further expand your gaming experience. If you're interested, please check it out in the Nintendo eShop. I hope these download packs will help deepen and expand your adventures in Hyrule Warriors."

Unfortunately, I won't get a real chance to play this until I get back home Sunday. Sad Sadness.

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - Mystie - 09-26-2014

That's awesome!

Anyway, I'm going to get this game today (already have it pre-ordered), but unfortunately I can't get it right away, as I have a lot of homework that I need to attend to first.

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - AuraLancer - 09-26-2014

I picked it up, but I'm going to wait and play it with my girlfriend.

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - Gwen - 09-26-2014

Have to wait until next week. I've got bills to pay.
ADUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULT

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - E-Man - 09-26-2014

I'm considering getting it for Christmas.

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - Mystie - 09-26-2014

Just got done with my first play session of this game, and holy crap is it awesome! There's just something really satisfying about plowing down hundreds to thousands of enemies and claiming each section and outpost.

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - senjen - 09-26-2014

It's just an amazing game the music rocks too!, i just complained to Nintendo online, since i didn't get a download code for Club Nintendo, so
i can't get the Ganondorf skins, i'm hoping they reply soon.

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - Shade - 09-26-2014

Maybe I should get a Wii U.

Yeah, I'm going to get a Wii U. This game looks beautiful

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - Kriven - 09-27-2014

This game is a thing of beauty.

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - Vipershark - 09-27-2014

welp time to buy a wii u

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - Kosheh - 09-27-2014

eh this game looks alright

1) is there a demo?

2) I really hope there's some batshit crazy inclusion to this game, like a Samus made out of rocks and magic

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - Mystie - 09-27-2014

There's a demo at stores that have a Wii U on display, but not one on the eShop. Maybe they'll add a demo to the eShop sometime later.

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - TomGuycott - 09-30-2014

Just wanted to stop by and mention that this game is the tits.

That is all.

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - TomGuycott - 10-01-2014

Sorry for the double post, but more details have surfaced regarding the first DLC pack, which I believe is the Master Quest pack.

-Like I mentioned above, new weapon is Epona.
-The mentioned "two costumes" in a previous link I posted are for Lana and Cia.
-In addition to those costumes, there are also palette swap costumes hidden in Adventure mode. Ones I've heard of are Lulu for Ruto, Hilda for Zelda and an Ice Poe color for Wizzro.
-Includes a new adventure map where many tiles have special rules about what you can and can't do in the match.

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - Kriven - 10-01-2014

Darunia also has a Ghost Darmani texture swap.