The VG Resource
Game cast- No new character suggestions - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: Game cast- No new character suggestions (/thread-7716.html)

RE: Game cast- vote here - Wes - 07-30-2009

Maybe Young Link could be a costume for Toon Link. I know he's atechnically a different character, but Link is a different person in almost every single game.

If StarFox gets a 4th character, it should be Krystal. No one else really works. Kirby's 4th is Gooey. I'm not familiar with FE or Mother. I also think we should use all past stages and maybe add a few more.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Kitsu - 07-30-2009

As far as FE characters go:
+ If you're looking for females, there are only 2 female lords (that I can remember, anyway): Lyn from FE7 and Erika from FE8.
- Lyn would be difficult to develop a non-clone moveset for, plus I'm guessing we already have Roy, who is from the same FE land.
- Erika would probably play too much like Marth.

+ There are plenty of main villains, but can we really choose one who is representative of them all without being cloneish. I was thinking that one of the magic users would probably be best, as Zelda is currently the only serious magic user.
+ Also, lances could prove to be different enough, so maybe we can look at one of them (though main villains are usually magic-users or sword-users.)

+ It'd be rather interesting if we could somehow get the weapons triangle in there.
+ Finally, this is just my personal preference, but I've always wanted a Pegasus Rider as playable, but that's probably asking too much; not to mention, none of the Peg Riders are important enough.

RE: Game cast- vote here - D2S-Speed - 07-30-2009

So really none of them should make it back in then?

EDIT: Maybe the Dark Knight for a Fire Emblem character?

RE: Game cast- vote here - Ton - 07-30-2009

A villain would be cool. A magician would be great. Is there an evil magician from FE who is important enough to warrant a spot?

If I'm correct, one of the main villains from Shadow Dragon (one of Marth's games) is a dark magic user. A likely FS would be to summon the evil dragon. I'd have to actually play the game to find out for sure, but he could work. Not to mention, he'd already know Marth.

@Brawler, I've not actually played the GCN FE games yet, but from what I've seen, the Dark Knight guy uses a sword, which could make him a bit too similar to Ike.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Ekoi - 07-30-2009

As much as I'd love Black Knight, I'd have to agree that he'd just be another clone. He'd be to Ike like Ganendorf is to Captain Falcon.

And to make it worse, they are both from the exact same game (Black Knight and Ike)...

RE: Game cast- vote here - Gollum - 07-30-2009

If this vote is still ongoing, I'll cast my vote for Krystal.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Zabi - 07-30-2009

- Another idea for a FE character would be Micaiah from FE10. Yeah. We already have Ike. But I think we could make a unique moveset for her. She's a light magician (what we don't have yet) and she uses a staff as a melee weapon (what we don't have yet too, unless Krystal is going to make it). I kind of thought of a moveset for her long time ago, I could post it here if you want (and if I find it).
I would not let the Black Knight in, a new Ganondorf moveset would be a better choice for an slow swordfighter.
- Aside from that, Toon Link would be a better choice than Young Link. You could easily give him a new moveset from the games. Moreover, Toon Link is "newer" than Young Link.
- 6 Mario characters sounds great. I personally would go for the big four, Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario, not the Doctor. Reasons are more unique moveset, higher actuality and an already existing sprite sheet.
- I have no idea how you could give Pichu a different moveset without having illogical ideas. I mean, Pichu is Pikachu's pre-evolution. There HAVE to be similarities. Even without Pichu, the Pokemon series would have the most number of characters (counting Squirtle, Ivy and Charizard)
- Why 4 Mother characters? I don't think the Mother series are that important. It's kinda like the FE series, but with less games: Before Melee, they were only known in Japan. Because of that I think Mother and FE should have the same amount of characters. One additional character (Claus) would be more than enough, in my opinion.

Just throwing my thoughts in...

(07-30-2009, 03:55 PM)Zabi Wrote: - Another idea for a FE character would be Micaiah from FE10. Yeah. We already have Ike. But I think we could make a unique moveset for her. She's a light magician (what we don't have yet) and she uses a staff as a melee weapon (what we don't have yet too, unless Krystal is going to make it).
Yeah, I was thinking about her. Both dark and light magics could be really different from what we've seen before.

Actually, about FE characters, I'd actually say Roy doesn't deserve to keep his spot... I mean, in his own game, he sucks really hard. SSBM is the only reason people still want him in. I think, if it ever came down to replacing him, switch him out with Hector or someone else with fewer similarities to both Marth and Ike.

RE: Game cast- vote here - blah475 - 07-30-2009

(07-30-2009, 12:33 PM)EpicWes Wrote: Maybe Young Link could be a costume for Toon Link. I know he's atechnically a different character, but Link is a different person in almost every single game.

If StarFox gets a 4th character, it should be Krystal. No one else really works. Kirby's 4th is Gooey. I'm not familiar with FE or Mother. I also think we should use all past stages and maybe add a few more.
What like, Bowser's Castle, Zoness, or Dsi&Wii?

RE: Game cast- vote here - Ton - 07-30-2009

My reasoning behind so many reps for certain series is this; We're making a Smash game. People expect new characters. The only way we can do that is by increasing how many characters are to a series. Otherwise we're just going to have Melee + Brawl + A couple new characters. We need a decent amount of new characters.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Angelglory - 07-30-2009

There's always adding new series too. There's a big gap in time between the Pokemon series and the Pikmin sereies that could be filled, it's not like nothing new came out within that time.

RE: Game cast- vote here - blah475 - 07-30-2009

Okay. use all of the characters in my sig if you want a lot of characters.

RE: Game cast- vote here - D2S-Speed - 07-30-2009

Sorry Blah really but most of those characters cannot be excepted for various reasons!

1.They haven't been on a Nintendo System (Ex. Master Chief)
2.Characters not used in the fantasy smash project yet! (Ex. Silver, one hedgehog is enough if not shadow)

Also what about stage music is it going to be one song on each stage or is it going to be like Brawl you can choose which music you want and which you don't?