The VG Resource
Player Pitch Pit (Discussion Complete) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: Player Pitch Pit (Discussion Complete) (/thread-9775.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: Player Pitch Pit - Rökkan - 11-21-2009

(11-21-2009, 04:01 PM)rukifellth Wrote: Hmmm, For the Konami character, it is very tricky...

Hideo Kojima is now working on a new Castlevania, so it would be possible to have a CV character like Simon Belmont, or maiby one of the newer ones like Shanoa (to get more female chars in) or maiby a new duo character like Johnathan Morris and Charlotte from Castlevania Portrait of Ruin.

If not, we could go with the SOnic duo style and have Ocelot as the second Konami character (would make a good villian in an SSE inspired adventure) or maiby some memorable N64 Konami hero like GOEMON!!! XD

As for the Fire Emblem... hmmm... The Black Knight is cool, very cool, yet... Lynn deserves a spot as a playable character. That or that girl that can transform into a dragon (what was her name again?)

It's like you just read the first post on the Character Roster thread and haven't bothered to read anything else at all.

To keep you on-track:
-> There will be 8 3rd party characters, 1 from each game comapny, and not 2 from each company.
-> There will not be another Fire Emblem character (unless someone else is still considering it)

RE: Player Pitch Pit - Koopaul - 11-21-2009

Ton we need to know what new characters you've accepted.

Now, I know we shouldn't worry about Nintendo characters now, but I had an idea for Ashley (WarioWare) and I feel like I should share, and it can bring interest in this character that most of you don't seem to have much interest on her in.

Ashley's Special moves (aka B moves) would work a bit different from other characters. Most of her Special moves consists of "summoning" an attack or something to attack for her. After pressing the combination to one of those Special attacks, Ashley can move on her own while the attack is in effect, turning her attacks very difficult to predict, since there's no flinching or movement restriction after summoning a Special move (except that if you summon another Special move while one is in action, the first one will be cancelled). You'll see what I mean:

---

Neutral Special (B) = Red's Trident
Ashley summons her little imp that grabs his trident and keeps thrusting it consecutively for a few seconds, useful for trapping enemies while you go grab a Smash Ball or deal with another enemy. Don't spam this attack, because if you keep using this attack, Red can trip, dealing no damage, and it will stay tripped there for a while before disappearing, unabling you to summon another special move while he's laying there.

Side Special (B+>) = Witch's Broom
She rides on a flying broom that levitates a bit above the ground, dealing damage to enemies as it touches. Works kind of like Yoshi's B+>. If an enemy damages you, you'll fall off the broom, and the broom will fly away from the stage, dealing few damage to the players that touches the broom while it's flying away.

Up Special (B+^) = Recovery Doll
Ashley throws her bunny ragdoll upwards - this ragdoll does damage to enemies that touches it, and can't be damaged/reflected, however, it's kind of slow. Once this ragdoll lands on a surface, Ashley teleports in a puff of smoke to the place that the ragdoll landed. However, as I said, this ragdoll's jump is a bit slow, so, be careful when you use it as a recovery move, if you're too close from dying from falling, you might fall to your doom first than the ragdoll lands on a surface.

Down Special (B+v) = Will'o Bomb
A Will'o Lantern pumpkin, burning in green (or blue maybe?) fire appears midair, nearby the place that Ashley summoned it, falls on the ground, does a small bounce up (if there is any foe around, the pumpkin will tilt itself lightly to the side where that enemy is when it does that little bounce), and when it touches the ground the second time, it does a powerful explosion. It's her most powerful Special move. The explosion can often fail if you spam this attack.

Final Smash = The Loquacious Spell Book
The Spell Book from Ashley's story in WarioWare: Smooth Moves helps Ashley to prepare a spell that transforms a flower into a monstrous, giant venus flytrap, just like in Smooth Moves, that crosses the stage vertically. This carnivore plant can bite an opponent really quick, dealing some great damage and knockback. After a while, it will de-transform into a normal plant in a pot, that can be thrown, like Samus' armor pieces. However, it also deals "poison" (or whatever the hell is the name of that state that a character has a plant on its head) when it hits a player.

RE: Player Pitch Pit - Kitsu - 11-21-2009

@Rokkan, that's a really good moveset. However, I still feel letting her in before one of the other "more important" Wario characters would be kind of like including Vaati before Ganondorf.

Though, I think I should actually play some Wario Ware before I say more of that sort of stuff. But, if getting depended entirely on moveset, I'd vote your moveset for Ashley in.

Well, to be fair, even though Ashley didn't appear in any GBA WarioWare game, it is a very popular character among the fans, pretty much almost (if not as) as popular as Mona, which is WarioWare's second most popular character, being Wario - of course, the first. Considering it was created in the fourth installment of the series, and only appeared in 1/3 of all WarioWare games, it's quite a stunt to become this popular this quick, IMO.

Edit: Oops, forgot about WarioWare: Myself. It'd be 1/2 of all WarioWare games, sorry!

Hm I dunno I think the B-Up should be her broom. That bunny thing sounds kinda weird.

Yeah, I wanted to do at least one creative and different kind of attack, so that the character can feel somewhat different, and eccentric, since she's a witch, she should have eccentric abilities.

I see what you're saying but it still seems kinda flimsy perhaps instead of her bunny its and orb of darkness she can move around with her powers (like Ness) except she's teleported to it as it explodes.

RE: Player Pitch Pit - Kairos - 11-21-2009

That Ashley Moveset actually seems kinda cool.

You know I thought about it. You know how Ashley makes Red do the dirty work?

Well wouldn't it be funny if you fought as both Red and Ashley together but instead of fighting directly, Ashley casts spells on Red transforming him into things. It would be kinda like Mario and Luigi.

Ashley follows behind Red and kicks him into people sets him on fire etc. Maybe picks him up and swings him around by is tail for an aerial A neutral. She abusive to that little runt! It wouldn't be like Ice Climbers it would be more like Banjo-Kazooie as they act as one entity.

RE: Player Pitch Pit - Alpha Six - 11-22-2009

I don't think Red would follow her if that was the case; Red would have to be attached to her. Otherwise when Ashley takes damage it would look silly having Red teleport into a damage frame.

RE: Player Pitch Pit - Koopaul - 11-22-2009

No Red would be in the front. That way Ashley can kick him into people or grab his tail and swing him around.

But you know she could grab Red and hold him when they are being knocked around.

RE: Player Pitch Pit - Alpha Six - 11-22-2009

But then how would Ashley take damage? Red's the one being hit.

RE: Player Pitch Pit - Koopaul - 11-22-2009

Hm... It might be hard to pull off.

Perhaps when you hit Red he get's hit into Ashley. Or if your from behind Ashley gets hit into Red.

RE: Player Pitch Pit - [robo9] - 11-22-2009

If Skapon's gettin overlooked in this game im going to blow a gasket.

B ^ Konaniran- Skapon snaps his head back, and shoots it at an angle as a tether recovery. His head goes forward when used on the ground.

B > Skapon Roll- Skapon does his signature roll forward, and is knocked backwards if he hits. He goes airborne if the up is pressed during the move.

B Down- Tondeker- Skapon shoots a shocked looking face as a projectile. Slow, but good knockback

Im sorry for the lack of grammar. The reason his down move is a projectile is pressing down B or A I forgot would use that move. And since B> can be a recovery move :/ Well thats not a good excuse (Zero Suit Samus) but still