The VG Resource
Game cast- No new character suggestions - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: Game cast- No new character suggestions (/thread-7716.html)

RE: Game cast- vote here - Koopaul - 07-28-2009

I was actually thinking Cuccoos would make a better item. You can pick them up and float around with them. But attack it too much and a huge swam of them start a rampage.

Toon Link's Final Smash should be Ballade of Gales where he summons a huge cyclone on the stage.

Also you could change Toon Link's standard "A" attacks as well. You know how Link does a "slice slice stab" combo? Well Toon Link could do a "stab stab slice" combo.

Also you know how Link's aerial A Down in a dropping stab? Well Toon Link's aerial A Down could be the Helm Splitter move from Wind Waker.

RE: Game cast- vote here - blah475 - 07-29-2009

Toon link's final smash should be Time freeze. From PH.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Ton - 07-29-2009

I really like the Cucco idea. It would be better suited for Young Link than Toon Link though. Toon Link could use the Deku Leaf as his ^B. I'd also like to see the skull hammer as a smash or special attack.

RE: Game cast- vote here - blah475 - 07-29-2009

I think the four Regis should come out of the poke ball.

Rock: Earth Quake. (but the whole stage)
Ice: Blizzard. (freezes everyone on stage)
Steel: Metal claw. (jumps up to the closest player and hits ten times)
Gigas: Giga Impact. (slams closest player which kills them. but can be dodged)

RE: Game cast- vote here - Terminal Devastation - 07-29-2009

Wow. There's a lot in this thread... And it seems the cast is more or less decided... So I guess nominating a few that haven't been mentioned would be kinda useless at this point...
Anyways. I think the cucco as an item would be pretty neat. Personally I think a neat final smash for young link would be one of the Medallions from LttP.

RE: Game cast- vote here - D2S-Speed - 07-29-2009

Hey are we going to use made up final smashes or the real ones?

RE: Game cast- vote here - Wes - 07-29-2009

(07-29-2009, 08:06 PM)Brawler1207 Wrote: Hey are we going to use made up final smashes or the real ones?
Well, I suggested before that we do both. make up ones for Melee only characters, and make new ones for cloned Brawl characters. but also keep the original Brawl cloned ones to please people who wouldn't want a changed version. Like have Fox keep the Landmaster, but Falco and Wolf new ones. Link can keep Triforce Slash, but give Toon a new one. Maybe Sheik could get a unique one, and Lucas should get one, too.

Either Ness or Lucas should get PSI Rockin. Falco could use an Arwing and it'd work like a Landmaster thats always in the air and it'd be smaller and faster. For Wolf, a Wolfen could work but it'd be cloned of an Arwing. So I was thinking maye the Demon Launcher from Assault. When playing multiplayer in Assault while on foot, if you're the first person with 1 life left, you start off with a huge Rocket Launcher. It instantly kills and has only 3 shots. Or use it in conjunction with the jetpack. There's also the other version of this weapon used in the story mode. Its much weaker with unlimited ammo. Fox rides on the wing on the outside of Falco's Arwing nad Wolf's Wolfen (in two different missions) and shoots down enemies. Maybe Wolf could ride on a Wolfen that's controllable (or set so that it circles the stage a few times) and he could aim and shoot the launcher.

I'm just writing whatever comes to my head, you can use it if you want.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Teeks - 07-29-2009

Wolf's should be calling in Panther and Leon to come and shoot peeps in their arwings ala Corneria in Melee.

RE: Game cast- vote here - blah475 - 07-30-2009

I think Kirby's should be U.F.O. Kirby, or Crash Kirby.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Toad - 07-30-2009

I vote Dr. Mario

RE: Game cast- vote here - Kitsu - 07-30-2009

@Blah, but there's nothing wrong with Kirby's current FS...

RE: Game cast- vote here - Wes - 07-30-2009

Most charatcers don't need a new Final Smash. Only the people who have cloned Final Smashes, like the Landmasters and PK Starstorms.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Ton - 07-30-2009

So I was doing some thinking at work last night. Here are some ideas;

1. I'd like the Mario franchise to have the most characters, obviously. I'm aiming for six. That way we have the big four and a couple new additions.
2. Zelda really needs only four characters. We should decide between Young Link and Toon Link. I'm leaning toward Toon with a new moveset. I don't know much about the Toon games other than Wind Waker, so I'd need your help there.
3. Pokemon is Nintendo's second-biggest franchise, so I don't see anything keeping us from having them on equal footing with Mario (besides, Wario and Yoshi are technically Mario characters, so they'll still have more). If we use Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, Mewtwo, Lucario and Pichu, that's six. Pichu needs a new moveset. One that makes it useful.
4. I'd like to bring the other huge Nintendo franchises to four characters (with the exception of Metroid--I'll explain below). This includes the DK series, Mother, Kirby, Fire Emblem, and Star Fox. We already have characters in mind for many of these. We'll have to come up with a good FE character and a fourth Mother character.
5. DK's 3rd character gives us an opportunity to do something new. We have "characters" who are actually a couple characters who follow each other around (Ice Climbers and Olimar). I'd like to do one that has the two characters act as one. How? Dixie on Kiddy's shoulders. They're teamed up the whole time and work as one character. Let me know your thoughts.
6. Mother's third and fourth characters shouldn't both come from the same game. If we're using claus, we shouldn't use Duster, Kumatora, etc. Maybe Poo or Jeff or even Ninten?
7. As I said above, Metroid is a one-(wo)man show. However, there's a Ridley sprite here that's looking really good.
8. Third party characters have to be well-respected. Sorry, but no Crash or Spyro. They also have to have a history with Nintendo. That means no Master Chief.
9. Related to above, Megaman has a plethora of attacks we can give him. I was having a lot of fun coming up with attacks, but I'll save that for another topic.
10. Stages--we can have some returning stages, but we should really make an effort to have some new unique stages. A couple of ideas I had were an 8-bit Duck Hunt stage or a DK stage based around the Animal Buddies. You can interact with them and use them to KO other players. We can make a stages topic for more ideas.
11. New ATs and Pokemon. For example, an Eggplant Wizard AT that could turn everyone into eggplants for 20-ish seconds or a cucco (if we don't use it for a Link attack) that wanders around the stage and you can attack. After it's hit a few times it summons a cucco swarm to attack other characters. Similarly, a Magikarp with a hidden damage counter that turns into Gyarados when it hits 100% damage, then uses Outrage and attacks the characters that didn't evolve it.

Comments would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Game cast- vote here - D2S-Speed - 07-30-2009

@ Tonberry: Well I like your idea for the returning stages I for one want the old Hyrule Temple from 64 but I think maybe just a suggestion should we ever include the forbidden seven without Young Link and give them different final smash as well?

RE: Game cast- vote here - Ton - 07-30-2009

I don't think all of the forbidden seven should appear. Some, like Plusle and Minun or Toon Sheik were just goofy and unnecessary.