The VG Resource
Pokemon Prism: The tSR Pokemon Game - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+------ Forum: Sprite Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-15.html)
+------ Thread: Pokemon Prism: The tSR Pokemon Game (/thread-12184.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Pokemon Prism: The tSR Pokemon Game - Stirred Drei Ling - 04-09-2010

You have to sprite for yourself, and the community has to accept it. End of the story.

But I still think we should vote for gym leaders.

RE: Pokemon Prism: The tSR Pokemon Game - Alpha Six - 04-09-2010

(04-09-2010, 09:28 PM)Black Jack Wrote:
(04-09-2010, 09:25 PM)Alpha Six Wrote:
(04-09-2010, 09:21 PM)Britt Wrote:
(04-09-2010, 09:09 PM)Wes Wrote: Pokemon that's fire/water type.

Contradictions taste good.
Lanturn is water/electric. I don't think the creators care about contradicting. Tongue
water conducts electricity
water puts out fire

lanturn has no contradictions!!
water is weak to electric

fuck u shawn i know what i said

RE: Pokemon Prism: The tSR Pokemon Game - Koopaul - 04-10-2010

You know how there was a legendary trio of the air in the first generation, then there was a legendary trio of the land in the second generation... Well I had assumed the next logical trio would be of the sea... But we got golems instead...

How about we make a legendary trio based on sea creatures?

Fire/ Water
Electric/ Water
Ice/ Water

RE: Pokemon Prism: The tSR Pokemon Game - cheesen8r - 04-10-2010

i recon grass water would be better than ice water, so ALL of them are contradictory, could be good

like, the fire/water could be steam based, like mist ball and mist, the elec/water could be a beacon, flash, discharge, and the crass one could be a reed pokemon, like, leaf blade and say, ingrain, just off the top of my head.

RE: Pokemon Prism: The tSR Pokemon Game - Wes - 04-10-2010

Fire/Water doesn't have to be actual fire. it could be based off of heat and steam. IIRC all grass types weren't based off of grass, but rather all sorts of plants. Steel type is based off of all metals.

RE: Pokemon Prism: The tSR Pokemon Game - cheesen8r - 04-10-2010

umm, i just noticed now that the fire, elec, ice are the types of the three birds, so my idea of grass is a bit stupid.

RE: Pokemon Prism: The tSR Pokemon Game - vaporchu8 - 04-10-2010

Not really. The Golems were Rock, Steel, and Ice. So it would at least make some sense to leave out Ice this time.

RE: Pokemon Prism: The tSR Pokemon Game - Sengir - 04-10-2010

(04-10-2010, 12:33 AM)Koopaul Wrote: You know how there was a legendary trio of the air in the first generation, then there was a legendary trio of the land in the second generation... Well I had assumed the next logical trio would be of the sea... But we got golems instead...

How about we make a legendary trio based on sea creatures?

Fire/ Water
Electric/ Water
Ice/ Water

Well, the trios are all uniform in inspiration (All birds, all golems). It might be hard to pull off those combos with one base design

Though I think deep sea jellyfish might work, like the really eerie-looking ones.

RE: Pokemon Prism: The tSR Pokemon Game - Koopaul - 04-10-2010

Say did you guys ever notice the weird relationship between type one and type two? This may be important when creating Fakemon so listen up!

Onix is a ROCK Ground type.
But Rhyhorn is a GROUND Rock type.

You're probably thinking "What's the big deal Koopaul? So they're reversed."

It has to do with location. Type ONE defines the primary location of said Pokemon. For example, rock types are mostly found in caves, but ground types are mostly found outside of caves: Rhyhorn is a ground type first so it will be located outside. Onix is a rock type first so it will be found in caves. You see?

Also evolution plays a factor in this. Flying type is ALWAYS type 2, never type 1. Which means if a dual-typed Pokemon was to evolve into a Flying type it would have to lose its type 2.

Surskit is a Bug/ Water type. However when it evolves it loses its second type (Water) and replaces it with Flying.

Note that when a Pokemon evolves it must always keep one of its types the same. The only exception to the rule is Normal which can change into anything, like Eevee or Azurill.

Other rules:
-Fossil Pokemon are always Rock type first, and something else second.
-If a Pokemon has one type and evolves into having a second, that new type will always be type 2. (exception Normal)
-Type one reflects most of the Pokemon learned moves (Walrien is an Ice type first and a Water type second, it learns more Ice moves than Water)

RE: Pokemon Prism: The tSR Pokemon Game - Baegal - 04-10-2010

(04-10-2010, 06:37 PM)Koopaul Wrote: It has to do with location. Type ONE defines the primary location of said Pokemon.
-----------------------------
Surskit is a Bug/ Water type.
...but don't surskit live near water?

RE: Pokemon Prism: The tSR Pokemon Game - Stirred Drei Ling - 04-10-2010

(04-10-2010, 08:25 PM)Baegal Wrote:
(04-10-2010, 06:37 PM)Koopaul Wrote: It has to do with location. Type ONE defines the primary location of said Pokemon.

Its also based on a BUG that lives in water. In this case, the kind of animal its based off of is more prominent, as with most Pokemon.

RE: Pokemon Prism: The tSR Pokemon Game - Baegal - 04-10-2010

(04-10-2010, 08:32 PM)Ti Amo Tre Volte PiĆ¹ Wrote:
(04-10-2010, 08:25 PM)Baegal Wrote:

Its also based on a BUG that lives in water. In this case, the kind of animal its based off of is more prominent, as with most Pokemon.
Ok.

RE: Pokemon Prism: The tSR Pokemon Game - Locked Achievement - 04-11-2010

i had an idea for a Water/bug fakemon: Codswallop

[Image: fakemoncodswallop.png]

RE: Pokemon Prism: The tSR Pokemon Game - Lemon - 04-11-2010

That actually made me laugh.

Isn't it just a fish with legs?

Not a bad sprite though.

RE: Pokemon Prism: The tSR Pokemon Game - Sengir - 04-11-2010

my idea from the Fakemon thread:
[Image: 2ex1q8j.jpg]