Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Pokemon Prism: The tSR Pokemon Game
After a conversation between Dex and I...
Quote:adam/dex- SOCCER! says:
-you know what would be cool
SengirDev says:
- ?
adam/dex- SOCCER! says:
-a tSR pokemon game, where mods and important members were gym leaders and the elite four etc
SengirDev says:
-I was literally just about to suggest to start a tSR Fakemon game in the "Fakemon Appreciation Thread"
-like I was typing it when you messaged me
adam/dex- SOCCER! says:
-because i have been playing a lot of pokemon lately
-cuz of hgss
-we could have everyone sprite a trainer
-and a map sprite
-etc

Quote:adam/dex- SOCCER! says:
-yes
-we should seriously do this man
-we could use pre-existing sprites, you know
SengirDev says:
-could we mix in tSR-created Fakemon?
adam/dex- SOCCER! says:
-and then add some of our own pokemon maybe
-yea
SengirDev says:
-because that would be a fun community project
- After I do more on FM I would so program that
(using Mono.XNA so Windows, Macs, and Linuxes can run it)
adam/dex- SOCCER! says:
-let's do it

...we have decided to start a tSR Pokemon/Fakemon game!

Called "Pokemon Prism" for obvious reasons, this is a community project where people wishing to participate can sprite Fakemon front/back sprites, Pokemon Trainer battle/overworld sprites, and of course tiles. This will be using pretty much the same code as the CPP's Pokemon engine, but altered to be orthogonal and using the traditional Pokemon battle system. Obviously before we begin a community project we need the community's input, so feel free to make suggestions. Here are a few of mine:

-No underground, the mining game can be played at various caves and secret bases are the way they were in RSE.
-A looser storyline. You don't have to beat Team Whatever or catch the legendary and side-quests are more common and vary in difficulty and rewards.
-Not all Pokemon are available from the beginning. Some are unlocked from events. That said, even more can be added to the Pokedex in later updates.
-Replace the Sinnoh evolution methods. The Moss Rock is the Leaf Stone, Mt. Coronet is the Moon Stone, etc.
-While Fakemon can be pretty cool, I personally despise fake types.
-More HM's? And maybe even nerf Fly to a certain range, which makes Diglett's Cave-like tunnels or Magnet Train/Mr. Briny-like transportation very important.
-More important in-game trades, like Jynx/Mr. Mime/Farfetch'd in RB
-Revamp Contests to the point where it becomes a whole different branch of the game. As in, you don't have to be a trainer at all if you're a coordinator.
-Actually random weather
-Include previous regions, but give them a revamp?

idk, those are my ideas. We'd love to hear yours!
Seems cool to me, are you using an orignal set of gym leaders and etc, or those from the gym topic
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by:
idk, the idea crossed my mind. That's open for debate.
Thanked by:
If you dont, I will hack platinum or something and do it
Thanked by:
I had a overcomplicated idea for features for a pokemon game, which included elements like choosing the region you began in, choosing what your profession is (trainer, breeder, police, team whatever member, etc), and releasing pokemon having consequences on the environment (if you release a pokemon with egg moves or TM moves, wild pokemon in that area begin to appear with said moves, or you could potentially make a new pokemon species appear in the wild in an area where normally it doesn't).

There were also ideas about events for fighting Legendaries, and choosing whether to fight and capture legendaries at one time, or at a later time with different abilities. -Shrugs- I dunno, I didn't give it all too much thought.
Thanked by:
(04-03-2010, 08:45 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: releasing pokemon having consequences on the environment (if you release a pokemon with egg moves or TM moves, wild pokemon in that area begin to appear with said moves, or you could potentially make a new pokemon species appear in the wild in an area where normally it doesn't).

Perhaps a Pal Park replacement where you have a list of Parks in the same way the Safari Zone has a list of areas. Each one starts out empty until you release certain Pokemon there where they repopulate. And you would be able to customize them and trade them in the same manner as the Link Safari Zone.

idk, just an idea.
Thanked by:
The ideal procedure for ideas at this point would to just suggest things.

Sengir and I discussed it, and if you want to be part of this, you should definitely sprite your own trainer and top-down sprite in order to get in. It'd also be ideal if you posted your team along with it, like such:

[Image: pokemonteam.png]

See- the Trainer sprite is completely custom, whereas I selected HGSS sprites for my team. We'd likely include some custom Pokemon, but we'd keep the style of HGSS to decrease the workload.

Here's another idea:

Elite Four:

Tyvon
Random Talking Bush
Tonberry2k
Dazz (Champion)

I'd ideally be the "Red" of this game, I suppose.

We should definitely suggest cities/towns and Gym Leaders, however- everything should have a tSR-relation, and the leaders should be characters of the forum, such as Vipershark, Morgan, Ultimecia, etc. etc.

Oh, and also- since the games are tiled, mostly, how easy would it be to make our own regions? It'd be very interesting to create our own miniature Pokemon world.
Thanked by: Baegal
I really thought of Dazz to be more of the Red type character
Thanked by:
can I call 8th gym leader
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
But the Champion is the region's leader, Red is just the best trainer.
Thanked by: Adam
But my ref looks more like Red! Dazz has the long hair and the hat, and would look completely awesome in a cape. Sad

It's all still up in the air though.
Thanked by: Baegal, Garamonde
you know what would be cool? finish the Parodius game we were making first.
i should be a normal type gym leader with a soccer field for a gym and me in the goal.

no one remembers but i was a mod at pt. that makes me important! (not really)

im cool though, right???
Thanked by:
I'd call the offical pokemon breeder who gives out the starters and sometimes will have a trade for you.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:
The idea was to get people involved in the idea and spriting process, not to call positions
Thanked by: