The VG Resource
Game cast- No new character suggestions - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: Game cast- No new character suggestions (/thread-7716.html)

RE: Game cast- vote here - blah475 - 07-27-2009

I give up, I'm going with the flow from now on.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Ton - 07-28-2009

I've been doing some thinking. What if we just include all past Smash-ers, tweaking some characters like Toon Link and Pichu to make them different. Then we can add whoever we want.

RE: Game cast- vote here - killme - 07-28-2009

(07-28-2009, 12:17 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: I've been doing some thinking. What if we just include all past Smash-ers, tweaking some characters like Toon Link and Pichu to make them different. Then we can add whoever we want.

YES!

RE: Game cast- vote here - blah475 - 07-28-2009

We're gonna have to make final smashes for meleers.
Ideas:
Pichu: Zap Cannon
Mewtwo: Psychic Rage
Young Link: ?
Dr. Mario: Viruses
Roy: ?

RE: Game cast- vote here - Koopaul - 07-28-2009

I feel that Toon Link is already the Young Link. Hm? Besides he has more potential to be original than Young Link what with all the moves from Wind Waker/ Phantom Hourglass.

Ok, on the Toon/Young Link thing, we can;

1. Use one or the other with no changes.
2. Use one or the other; change attacks.
3. Use both, modify Toon.
4. Use both, modify Young.
5. Use both, modify both.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Wes - 07-28-2009

Well from what I can tell, some people don't like it if we don't stick strictly to the game. But some things should be fixed (clones like Toon Link/Link, Mewtwo/Lucario, Pikachu/Pichu, ect.) So what if we did both. We make it just like the actual games, but then have a seperate mode where we have revisions. They wouldn't be complete changes, just stuff like new B moves or different A moves. And original Final Smashes (3 Landmasters). That way everyone could be pleased. It'd be harder to make, but I think it would work out better. This way, we can have both Toon and Young Link in the game as their original clones, but also give them new moves to change them around.

That could be fun. Personally, I'd like to drop Young Link and revamp Toon Link and give him some new attacks. Let's see what others think.

I also had an idea for a Young Link FS. It'd be Cucco Revenge Squad. Young Link is invincible briefly, and a Cucco appears in front of him. He musty chase around the Cucco and hit it a few times to make it angry. Then, the swarm of chickens flies in from everywhere. There would be more of them depending on how big the stage is. Young Link is invincible, but you still control him like normal.

if that seems too long, maybe he could just pull out on Cucco when the FS is activated, and then it becomes mad and a swarm attacks. Also, it might make sense to have Young Link be vulnerable to damage, because he is in the Zelda games. Also, it could be changed so Young LInk is frozen still, but invincible, like Pit's FS.

This could work for Toon Link becuase there were Cuccos in PH. Or it could be changed to Pigs like in WW. ANd for Adult Link, it could be changed to goats from TP.

RE: Game cast- vote here - blah475 - 07-28-2009

Yay, CHICKENS!!!! They kill everyone.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Kitsu - 07-28-2009

How about the chickens particularly chase Link himself around, and they happen to get the other guys in the way. That way, the main idea of the attack is to stick near the other players; otherwise the attack would be useless.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Ekoi - 07-28-2009

Why would you give Young Link such a ridiculous Final Smash when you could use the Fierce Deity's Mask?

As for Took Link, I think that if it were to be changed, the function of the Final Smash should be very similar. Triforce Slash could be something like Four Sword Clash or something. Keep it so that you have to have that "line of sight" in order to hit them, but have the four Links cause somewhat of an "area of effect" damage instead of hitting one(or more if lucky) target. Idunno, I'm sure something not-shit could be thought up.

Personally, I have no issues with using previously-cut characters so long as it's done right.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Black Boo - 07-28-2009

I say we keep some past smashers (those that aren't clones, like Roy and Pichu) and then add in a good number of the fantasy characters from Nintendo.

(07-28-2009, 07:01 PM)Ekoi Wrote: Why would you give Young Link such a ridiculous Final Smash when you could use the Fierce Deity's Mask?

As for Took Link, I think that if it were to be changed, the function of the Final Smash should be very similar. Triforce Slash could be something like Four Sword Clash or something. Keep it so that you have to have that "line of sight" in order to hit them, but have the four Links cause somewhat of an "area of effect" damage instead of hitting one(or more if lucky) target. Idunno, I'm sure something not-shit could be thought up.

Personally, I have no issues with using previously-cut characters so long as it's done right.
Well, the cuccos would be more original, and it would pay homage to more games. FDL was in one game, while Cuccos chase after you when attacked in 8 games (ten if you count WW pigs and TP goats). Its much more traditional to Zelda and generally would make a better attack IMO.

And the Four Sword could work. Maybe have there be 3 clones of that follow you around like the Ice Climbers, to give 4x the damage.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Black Boo - 07-28-2009

I think the FDL idea works the best for YL, as it's pretty much his equivilant of Giga Bowser.

The Four Swords is a good idea as well, except, what if it was like Kat and Ana?