The VG Resource
Game cast- No new character suggestions - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: Game cast- No new character suggestions (/thread-7716.html)

RE: Game cast- vote here - D2S-Speed - 07-15-2009

(07-15-2009, 02:48 AM)tom nook Wrote: pokemon sucks sooo SONIC!

T_T

Who the hell is this guy, wasn't he was banned before!
Also this isn't the right place to be discussing that.

EDIT: What you down repp. me for you are the one who say Sonic and Poke'mon suck!

RE: Game cast- vote here - Kirbyfan - 07-18-2009

Why can't we include them all?

RE: Game cast- vote here - Negative-Zer0 - 07-18-2009

For the same reason SSF2 doesn't inlcude them all.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Kirbyfan - 07-19-2009

Well, I don't think time isn't the issue, because you guys have been on this project for awhile. I don't think we have a set file size limit, so that isn't a problem either. That just leaves popularity, but if there all options, then I don't think that's a problem either.
Those are the reasons SSF2 doesn't have them, but none of them fit these circumstances.

Can someone give me a better answer please?

RE: Game cast- vote here - Kairos - 07-19-2009

okay

We're trying to include a cast that would have a probability of getting int oa real smash game.

No Master Chief
No Spyro or crash
No Ratchet and Clank or Jak and Daxter
At some point the character would have had to appaear on a Nintendo Consle
And no, just because Naruto was on the DS, does not mean he's getting in. =/

RE: Game cast- vote here - blah475 - 07-19-2009

Crash and Spyro had plenty games on the game cube and wii and others.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Kairos - 07-19-2009

(07-19-2009, 07:09 PM)blah475 Wrote: Crash and Spyro had plenty games on the game cube and wii and others.

Okay

You se, the cast also has to appeal to an Eastearn audience moreso than the West. So no Mike Jones, Earthworm Jim, Crash or Spyro.

Also it is a rule of thumb that the games don't be utter shit when they are on Nintendo's consoles. =/

RE: Game cast- vote here - Ton - 07-19-2009

(07-19-2009, 07:15 PM)Rags Wrote:
(07-19-2009, 07:09 PM)blah475 Wrote: Crash and Spyro had plenty games on the game cube and wii and others.

Okay

You se, the cast also has to appeal to an Eastearn audience moreso than the West. So no Mike Jones, Earthworm Jim, Crash or Spyro.

Also it is a rule of thumb that the games don't be utter shit when they are on Nintendo's consoles. =/

Only one I'd contest is Mike Jones. He's a Nintendo character. Even though he only appeared here, he's still eligible. Hell, Lucas only officially came out in Japan.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Teeks - 07-22-2009

Yeah. Until Melee, Americans didn't know who the hell Marth and Roy were, or even what Fire Emblem was. And because of Melee, we ended up getting the franchise. Lucas is a Japanese-only character and look at some of the assist trophies. Mike Jones is perfectly eligible character from an underrated game.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Kirbyfan - 07-23-2009

(07-22-2009, 03:23 PM)Teeks Wrote: Yeah. Until Melee, Americans didn't know who the hell Marth and Roy were, or even what Fire Emblem was. And because of Melee, we ended up getting the franchise. Lucas is a Japanese-only character and look at some of the assist trophies. Mike Jones is perfectly eligible character from an underrated game.

Nowhere near true.

RE: Game cast- vote here - blah475 - 07-23-2009

I think we need topics about the bosses, assist trophies, poke'mon, and subspace enemies.

RE: Game cast- vote here - Shadowth117 - 07-24-2009

(07-23-2009, 08:49 PM)Kirbyfan Wrote:
(07-22-2009, 03:23 PM)Teeks Wrote: Yeah. Until Melee, Americans didn't know who the hell Marth and Roy were, or even what Fire Emblem was. And because of Melee, we ended up getting the franchise. Lucas is a Japanese-only character and look at some of the assist trophies. Mike Jones is perfectly eligible character from an underrated game.

Nowhere near true.

Then you were one of the few who did. If you weren't really into importing before that game came out and you weren't Japanese then you would have had no idea who they were either. Fire Emblem became popular stateside pretty much immediately AFTER Melee.

(07-23-2009, 09:47 PM)blah475 Wrote: I think we need topics about the bosses, assist trophies, poke'mon, and subspace enemies.

Make a topic with a list of what needs to be sprited then rather than saying "sprite all of the bosses" or whatever. A list will allow people to know what should be sprited rather than force them to think of something random themselves.

RE: Game cast- vote here - D2S-Speed - 07-24-2009

Like Shadowth said I guess I can make a topic of what need to be sprited and I'll help start off I am working on making Rayquaza from Subspace it may take a while to find the files I was working on him during the end of last year, and I never got around to showing it I may have to do it over again though! Sad

EDIT: I'll go on and make a size chart of it soon!

RE: Game cast- vote here - blah475 - 07-24-2009

D+++ it, I really thought I was in fantasy smash. I'm Stupid aren't to forget what topic I'm on.
It's be happening lately. I Forgot where I was when I woke up this morning.
I'll fix this right away.

RE: Game cast- vote here - D2S-Speed - 07-24-2009

(07-24-2009, 01:57 PM)blah475 Wrote: D+++ it, I really thought I was in fantasy smash. I'm Stupid aren't to forget what topic I'm on.
It's be happening lately. I Forgot where I was when I woke up this morning.
I'll fix this right away.

As long as you know btw had to delete the other post didn't want to be looking like I double posted!