The VG Resource
Metroid: Other M - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: Metroid: Other M (/thread-6989.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Metroid: Other M - Vipershark - 02-03-2010

(02-03-2010, 01:43 AM)Gizmonicgamer Wrote: hahaha
this has absolutely nothing to do with nostalgia, this has everything to do with game design and in general not making a product that is stupid (protip: almost everything is in retrospection!!);
perhaps if you understood the subject matter you wouldn't consistently make the error of "missing the point", but

well, you're vipershark

it's not that I'm missing the point; I just stopped paying attention pages ago.
Trollin' is all.

RE: Metroid: Other M - GaryCXJk - 02-03-2010

To put it even better. Fallout series. They completely consist of fail science. Deliberately at that. The science in this fiction is based on what people thought back in the '50s, most which has been since debunked.

RE: Metroid: Other M - Sparx the Cy-Wolf - 02-03-2010

(02-03-2010, 12:44 PM)GaryCXJk Wrote: To put it even better. Fallout series. They completely consist of fail science. Deliberately at that. The science in this fiction is based on what people thought back in the '50s, most which has been since debunked.

Give an example.

You cannot preserve food with radiation.

Come on, this is one of the things people should know about Fallout, the faux science fiction that was based on the '50s. Hell, even the futuristic cars have '50s look.

RE: Metroid: Other M - Sparx the Cy-Wolf - 02-03-2010

(02-03-2010, 12:54 PM)GaryCXJk Wrote: You cannot preserve food with radiation.
There's a reason for that, you'd die!
When was the last time you ate radiated food and lived to tell the tale?

(02-03-2010, 12:54 PM)GaryCXJk Wrote: Come on, this is one of the things people should know about Fallout, the faux science fiction that was based on the '50s. Hell, even the futuristic cars have '50s look.
I wouldn't know I wasn't born in the 50's.
(Wink only messin)

RE: Metroid: Other M - PrettyNier - 02-03-2010

Quote:Sometimes you'll have to take creative liberties to get the experience you want.
lol

it's about a lowering of standards, not necessarily being unrealistic. in a quote from a review that I posted earlier, it mentioned how in Corruption a boss falls off into space (despite the lack of gravity), gets hit by a passing spaceship and explodes. and then it makes the comparison that Metroid prime 1 "never got stupid for the sake of "boom"" which is entirely true, and neither did any of the other entries in the series up to that point.

it's also about suspension of disbelief. the moment that everything starts getting stupid for the sake of "boom" is the moment that that is shattered.

MP2 was the one that started the chain of getting lackluster and "stupid", albeit not nearly as extravagantly (hint: metroid is not extravagant) as MP3.

Quote: too soon to even speculate about how great or how shitty this game is
lol
this bollocks again?? please read. i've stated countless times that my opinion will be subject to change and that it's based on what we've seen thus far - and to be perfectly blunt, the "damaging material" (samus german supplexing enemies in blank arena like rooms, excess of a "personal" focus on samus as evident by the large amount of suitless cutscenes in the trailer and statements by the creators in interviews) is already there and by all means their simple presence, the fact that the game even does these things in the first place, is the problem.

metroid was never a summer action flick, ok, and lowering it to those standards is almost insulting to anyone that isn't a mindless drone like the lot of you seem to be

Gizmonicgamer, YOU'RE bullocks, yet we don't constantly complain about you.

yeah sorry! you're gonna have to prove that. logic, reasoning and all that.

if you can't back up an argument with any kind of thought process that doesn't exist miles beneath (and thus irrelevant to) the actual point than you kind of don't have a point

but that's the thing, really, I doubt you'll actually be able too because I genuinely have a point, and your entire "point" thus far is to try and say "hah... no way man... you don't have a point! you're not even talking about anything!!"

The thing is, after the first few posts, we already get you don't like Metroid. You don't need to prove your point. THAT'S what I've been saying with my posts. It's a ninja way of saying get the fuck out so we can actually let this topic die out until Metroid: Other M gets more info.

Also, take your Metroid Prime 3: Corruption bullshit elsewhere, this is still the Metroid: Other M discussion. We don't need more thread derailment.

Who said I don't like Metroid?

shouldn't the discussion, uh
kind of prove that I do??

it's not thread derailment because metroid prime 3 is ultimately relevant to metroid other M as they represent the direction the series has been taking - its a piece of the discussion, not the entirety of the discussion

and it's not like there's that much to talk about for other M as far as new information goes right now anyway~!!

RE: Metroid: Other M - Cobalt Blue - 02-03-2010

its called science fiction for a reason.

Quote:its called science fiction for a reason.
lol

what are you even trying to say here? are you trying to harp on me for criticizing a few "unrealistic" thing happening in mp3?? because uh, if that's the case you kind of missed the entire point of what i was saying, which i elaborated upon approximately 3 posts above

Quote:lol

it's about a lowering of standards, not necessarily being unrealistic. in a quote from a review that I posted earlier, it mentioned how in Corruption a boss falls off into space (despite the lack of gravity), gets hit by a passing spaceship and explodes. and then it makes the comparison that Metroid prime 1 "never got stupid for the sake of "boom"" which is entirely true, and neither did any of the other entries in the series up to that point.

Shush! You are now under the command of the Great Pixel. You will do and think as his bidding.

ALL BOW TO THE GREAT PIXEL.

RE: Metroid: Other M - triptych - 02-03-2010

itt: butthurt metroid fans going LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA and covering their ears as giz proves how shitty metroid has gotten since MP1

People just confuse factual shit with shit in your opinion.