The VG Resource
Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+------ Forum: Pokemon (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-69.html)
+------ Thread: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? (/thread-16801.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Chaoxys - 03-12-2011

See, it's odd, I'm having more trouble catching pokemon than usual.

Also, isn't there some "Critical Throw" thing with the pokeball where it makes a different sound, shakes in the air, then falls, bobs a single time and clicks? Whats the deal with that? I've had it happen a number of times but the pokemon still escapes from the ball. Does it just increase the chances of catching it or does it just enjoy getting my hopes up?

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Locked Achievement - 03-12-2011

I think that only happens with weaklings. Ive only had that twice, and they were both common weaklings. I cant remember who it was, though

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - tgb621 - 03-12-2011

I've been taking this slow, just beat the 6th gym and wanted to post my team:

Shoalgun Lv 41 (samurott)
Zebstrika Lv 34
Victini Lv 35
Tirtouga Lv 25 <--> Can't remember, that cranium psychic thing Lv. 29
Zorua Lv 20 <--> Lv 29 tranquill
Conkeldurr Lv 30

I'm training the swapout ones right now, thats why they're in there. twist mountain ahoy!

EDIT: holycrap i just realized i can breed zorua. imma make sure to get a shiny with a ditto from the gts.

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Fighter The Echidna - 03-12-2011

(03-12-2011, 04:51 AM)DeepSeaTooth Wrote: I think that only happens with weaklings. Ive only had that twice, and they were both common weaklings. I cant remember who it was, though

I got it with Zen Mode Darmanitan, so that is definitely not the case.

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Kosheh - 03-12-2011

(03-12-2011, 01:57 AM)Chaoxys Wrote: See, it's odd, I'm having more trouble catching pokemon than usual.

Also, isn't there some "Critical Throw" thing with the pokeball where it makes a different sound, shakes in the air, then falls, bobs a single time and clicks? Whats the deal with that? I've had it happen a number of times but the pokemon still escapes from the ball. Does it just increase the chances of catching it or does it just enjoy getting my hopes up?

There is, actually. I thought it was a glitch or something, but it's happened to me a few times...

it's nice to secure that bugger's capture Cutec

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Britt - 03-12-2011

My friend Trevor caught Kyurem with a netball at nearly full health, due to critical throw.

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Chaoxys - 03-12-2011

So why is it that half of my crit throws don't work? I'm guessing it just boosts the chances of it catching it which would explain why only legendaries have escaped from it.

Also, I love how they leave so many open ended questions and what not in the game. Usually I just want a 3rd version for the small amount of extra content, but this time I want it to answer a number of question.

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - megaMasquerain - 03-12-2011

Beat the main story, not much else to say except FUCK YES.

Currently Masuda methoding a shiny Shelmet. If anyone finds one I will trade you my soul (and a shiny Garbodor) for it.

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Rosencrantz - 03-12-2011

oh fuck crit captures, it happened to me trying to catch a Cryogonal and it broke out without the ball shaking once.

It was burned, too, so idk what was up with that.

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Rökkan - 03-12-2011

I started recently. I got three badges so far, and also decided to name all of my Pokémons after SEGA games

Seaman (Dewott lv.23)
SeGaGaGa (Swoobat lv.25)
MonkeyBall (Pansear lv.20)
CrazyTaxi (Blitzle lv.24)
AltrdBeast (Herdier lv.22)
Shenmue (Sawk lv.22)

Also, I'm playing White. Because of that, catching that Sawk was such a fucking CHORE. At least fighting all those Audinos gave me a lot of experience.

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Locked Achievement - 03-12-2011

Oh wow. What a beautiful ending. those 3d graphics were - just - wow.

Also, you guys keeping your 6th slot open didnt need to. when I caught Zekrom it asked me if i wanted to replace one of my party pokemon with Zekrom.

And N's Zoroark pissed me off BIG time

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Alpha Six - 03-12-2011

I just beat the 7th gym. Playing at a nice, slow pace and doing lots of powerleveling.

Team Update:

[Image: 619.gif] Chan Lee/Mienfoo - Level 32 Male
[Image: 500.gif] Supernova/Emboar - Level 46 Male
[Image: 523.gif] Pegasus/Zebstrika - Level 40 Male
[Image: 561.gif] Youjinbou/Sigilyph - Level 37 Male
[Image: 530.gif] Terrorizer/Excadrill - Level 42 Male

Terrorizer was powerleveled, as I caught him at level 31 and leveled him up via not evolving until level 40 (it learned Earthquake, Swords Dance and Sandstorm faster, as well as leveled up quicker overall), which only took about 20-30 minutes (god bless the Lucky Egg). I used him and combined Sandstorm with Swords Dance to steamroll the seventh gym with Brick Break.

Chan Lee was just recently added so I haven't had a whole lot of time to train him. I'll be doing that until it starts reaching a more even level.

Also, Supernova was powerleveled as well as a backup plan, and I'll be spending some time catching everyone else up with his high level.

Sixth slot will probably have Silverwing back in it soon, as my Flyer.

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Baegal - 03-12-2011

[Image: 496.gif]lv 33 (servine)
[Image: 523.gif]lv 36 (Zebb)
[Image: 528.gif]lv 33 (Swoobat)
[Image: 559.gif]lv 33 (Guru)
[Image: 564.gif]lv 34 (Levi)
[Image: 575.gif]lv 36 (Gochiru)
and still haven't beaten the fourth gym yet. I'm realllllly taking my time on this game, I've already spent like 5+ hours just training by killing the Audino (and ended up finding wild musharna, whimsicott, unfezants, and cinccino's)

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Rosencrantz - 03-12-2011

[Image: 497.gif] Big Boss - Level 51 Male
[Image: 609.gif] Ouija - Level 47 Male
[Image: 623.gif] Alphonse - Level 43
[Image: 636.gif] Mothra - Level 36 Male
[Image: 571.gif] Azula - Level 25 Female
[Image: 508.gif] Stoutland - Level 32 Female

about ready to head over and kick the eighth gym's ass.

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Gwen - 03-13-2011

[Image: 502.gif] lvl 32
[Image: 523.gif] lvl 31
[Image: 542.gif] lvl 31
[Image: 559.gif] lvl 30
[Image: 566.gif] lvl 25
[Image: 571.gif] lvl 31