The VG Resource
Metroid: Other M - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: Metroid: Other M (/thread-6989.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Metroid: Other M - PrettyNier - 02-02-2010

YOU CAN ALSO FALL WITHOUT GRAVITY

and be a good poster in spamhaul

RE: Metroid: Other M - triptych - 02-02-2010

and you can break the side of a fucking ship, and crash your ship THROUGH where the emergency locks/doors would close, essentially disabling them

yet they still close

that ship goes right through the fucking doors and they still close

RE: Metroid: Other M - Ngamer01 - 02-02-2010

Oh, no. Corruption doesn't follow the law of physics despite Samus having an arm cannon that can fire all types of beams from the Ice Beam to the black-hole producing Dark Burst.

Next you're going to tell me Halo is the standard Metroid should have followed.

(02-02-2010, 02:23 AM)Gizmonicgamer Wrote: this analogy is horrendously stupid
by all means it doesn't even work

Don't take it at face value. Read into the context of it.

RE: Metroid: Other M - Koopaul - 02-02-2010

You're complaining about realism in Metroid?

This is a game where you can turn into a ball!

Also that's kind of a poor excuse to complain about a game. Glitches, awful controls, absurd difficulty, shortness, etc... Those are good reasons to complain about a game.

RE: Metroid: Other M - SKELTON S. SKELETON - 02-02-2010

actually, i'm not going to make that post.
this is a thread about other m, not bitching about what games ruin or make the series awesome.

RE: Metroid: Other M - Cobalt Blue - 02-02-2010

(02-02-2010, 09:37 PM)MrSkeleton Wrote: this is a thread about other m

we should bitch about a phrase and a small non revealing video of a game that is going to be delayed over and over to increase expectatives.

RE: Metroid: Other M - SKELTON S. SKELETON - 02-02-2010

actually, nintendo tends to be good about delays don't they? i might be in the dark because i never knew the release dates for twilight princess or wind waker though

Quote:Don't take it at face value. Read into the context of it.
What I find funny is that you seem to think it has any depth, whereas the opposite is obviously true - it is superficial and exaggerated and utterly misses the point, particularly the fact that the two situations are not comparable - Wind Waker was a singular game that was a 'change' of pace from the recent style and adopted a more cartoony style similar to its original style.

Other M represents the continuation of the direction that the series began to take with Metroid Prime 2; sacrificing everything that made the series what it was in the first place and replacing it with downright stupidity.

Quote:You're complaining about realism in Metroid?
either stop trying or try harder

Quote:Next you're going to tell me Halo is the standard Metroid should have followed.
same goes for you

RE: Metroid: Other M - Koopaul - 02-02-2010

You know all I hear nowadays is people complain and bitch and moan about video games for whatever reason they can possibly find even if the game ISN'T OUT YET!

It just pisses me off that 90% of game discusions turn into complaining about the game or related games...

koopaul stop being dumb ok i already posted that everything I am saying about other m is obviously based on what we've seen thus far and as such is subject to change

and besides most of my complaining has been about the direction the series has been taking with a lot of pointing towards mp2 and mp3, not just what we've seen thus far of other m

RE: Metroid: Other M - Cobalt Blue - 02-02-2010

ITT arguing free for all

RE: Metroid: Other M - Vipershark - 02-03-2010

itt gizmonic nostalgias harder than koopaul

RE: Metroid: Other M - PrettyNier - 02-03-2010

hahaha
this has absolutely nothing to do with nostalgia, this has everything to do with game design and in general not making a product that is stupid (protip: almost everything is in retrospection!!);
perhaps if you understood the subject matter you wouldn't consistently make the error of "missing the point", but

well, you're vipershark

RE: Metroid: Other M - GaryCXJk - 02-03-2010

Okay, this conversation is getting pretty queer.

I actually don't give a flying fuck about realism in certain types of games, especially not in games like Metroid. It's like asking for realism in a fucking Mario game. Sometimes you'll have to take creative liberties to get the experience you want.

If Futurama would do everything by what we already know about the universe, and they do stick to a lot of proven conventions and by science widely accepted theories, the series would have been boring as fuck.

Also, Gizmonicgamer, what baffles me is not the fact that you complain about a game you haven't even played in the first place, but the fact that you keep on complaining about this fact, even though almost half of all the topic posters in this topic actually don't give two shits about what you think will or will not suck about the game, simply because they actually do realize that it's too soon to even speculate about how great or how shitty this game is. You're talking about stupid, but all I read here is derp derp derpa derp Metroid Other M is stupid because I say so.

Seriously, I just had a brain fart reading your bullshit.

RE: Metroid: Other M - Sparx the Cy-Wolf - 02-03-2010

What I can't understand about this is, If the metroid anthology is supposedly set in the future, how can you complain about the realism if we ourselves aren't even there.
COVery SadMF maybe, (probably because the clue's in the name) but if it was otherwise I don't see how that makes sence, besides maybe the designers actually had this in mind at the time.