The VG Resource
Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Discussion Boards (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-133.html)
+--- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-135.html)
+--- Thread: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] (/thread-26375.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - Kosheh - 07-03-2015

moooooooooooooore amiibooooooooooooooooooooooo

[Image: m3NbBXX.jpg]

I opened the Yarn Yoshi amiibo because Cinemarella couldn't handle all that cuteness being locked up in a box. If you're curious, it reads in other games as Yoshi.
For now Palutena and ZSS still boxed; waiting for Dark Pit to come so I can them all at the same time.

Or should I wait for my birthday and then just open them, Ganondorf, the Cap'n, and the rest of 5B?

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - Darky's Manifestation - 07-15-2015

IF THE BRAT IS FINALLY HERE, I BET DUNBAN CAN'T BE FAR BEHIND

[Image: MyMawBx.jpg]

i ordered it from amazon.de, for only 18,50 ( 14,99 for the amiibo, the rest was shipping costs which really is like almost nothing, especially since shulk is still being sold online for above 50 buks )

also nice one kosheh! the woolly yoshi's are so adorable

i also saw palutena is going to be amazon exclusive in the usa, pre-ordering not allowed. my condolences.

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - Jermungandr - 07-15-2015

I've never cared much for the concept of collector's value. If I buy something it's going to be to make me personally happy and I'll take them out of the package if I damn well please.

That said, I'm only getting characters I actually care about and not worrying about collecting them all. My current Smash-line collection consists of:

- Dedede
- Kirby
- Samus
- Link
- Toon Link
- Sheik
- Bowser
- Sonic
- Shulk

I also have a Ganondorf, Charizard, and Meta Knight currently in transit. I wasn't planning on getting Ganondorf, but then I actually saw the amiibo and how sick it looked and just had to have it.

I also have a Luigi from the Mario-line because I don't care for the Smash Luigi amiibo. Turns out the Mario ones are actually bigger than the Smash ones though, so it looks a bit peculiar on the shelf.

I also bought my sister a Pikachu at one point and plan to get her a Jiggly Puff as well eventually. The only other one I definitely want at some point is Mewtwo.

I've paid less than twenty bucks for each of these.

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - Dolphman - 07-15-2015

I'm the same when I buy figures, with the NECA figures I have being exceptions. Not worth taking them out due to how they're packaged.

Bought Rosalina yesterday, while browsing in the shopping center. She has some really great details, I must say.
Have R.O.B. Duck hunt, and Mr. Game n Watch, plus the Super Mario Maker Amiibo/Game bundle on preorder.

Strangely, the Smash versions of Mario, Luigi, and Peach are out of stock in Australian stores compared to America, Japan and The UK.
Managed to get Smash Bowser, since the EB games near home had only one and I knew he would've went if I didn't buy him.
Same deal with Pac-man, Samus (Armoured version) and Lucina.

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - NICKtendo DS - 07-15-2015

Just got Mario series Yoshi. I went shopping for a mouse and found one for 15 euros. It was the only amiibo they had. I also pre-ordered Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker + Toad amiibo bundle.

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - Lemonray - 07-15-2015

I heard you can unlock Toad in Ssb4 by connecting that figurine to the game, Nick.

You can trust this information, my uncle works at Smash Bros.

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - Keychain - 07-15-2015

I walked 4 miles to the closest Gamestop like a week ago when I heard they were restocking on King Dedede and Ness. It was incredibly stupid and I got sunburnt on my neck. But it was worth it.

[Image: CJgKQ9XXAAA5OEZ.jpg:large]

Also I managed to get a Jigglypuff on Target's site.

[Image: CJ5WsIrWoAAS7Jd.jpg:large]

Ignore the album that's something I also got on the same day.

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - NICKtendo DS - 07-15-2015

(07-15-2015, 12:28 PM)Lemonray Wrote: I heard you can unlock Toad in Ssb4 by connecting that figurine to the game, Nick.

You can trust this information, my uncle works at Smash Bros.

Pfft, I already unlocked Toad. I used the Inkling Girl amiibo. I was hoping to unlock the Inkling, but it's a nice surprise nonetheless.

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - TomGuycott - 07-15-2015

I got Wario, Captain Falcon, Meta Knight and most surprisingly of all Palutena (I feel like I JUST ordered her) in the mail last week. All of them are exceptional, Wario being especially so for the detailed print on the back of his jacket.

I'll post a picture of my collection if I remember to take one this week. I'm definitely addicted though... I bought Luigi, Zelda and Dark Pit on impulse last night since I saw them all for cheaper.

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - Keychain - 07-15-2015

Here's my Figure Collection profile: if anyone wants to see what my whole collection is as of right now. I recommend anyone else registering here and using it as well. It's a great site.

http://myfigurecollection.net/collection/iKeychain

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - TomGuycott - 07-15-2015

Holy crap, I got Wii Fit Trainer and Ganondorf in the mail today too. I even had another one, but it wasn't dropped off, saying that it was restricted delivery (meaning I had to sign for it). I'll probably just go to the post office tomorrow.

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - Kosheh - 07-16-2015

(07-15-2015, 06:37 AM)Jermungandr Wrote: I also bought my sister a Pikachu at one point and plan to get her a Jiggly Puff as well eventually. The only other one I definitely want at some point is Mewtwo.

Oh oh oh - Jigglypuff's been up on Target's website for more than six days. She's not hard to get anymore somehow if you're still considering this
The only problem
"problem"
is that it's about $5 plus tax, makes it about $20 in shipping. Of course, if you can somehow find other items to buy there's free shipping for orders over $24 :V

(07-15-2015, 12:53 PM)Keychain Wrote: I walked 4 miles to the closest Gamestop like a week ago when I heard they were restocking on King Dedede and Ness. It was incredibly stupid and I got sunburnt on my neck. But it was worth it.

I'm really hoping that after you walked about an hour to get to your destination you picked up some food or something as well to celebrate, or stopped by the supermarket to buy something to eat when you got home

(07-15-2015, 05:59 AM)Darky Wrote: also nice one kosheh! the woolly yoshi's are so adorable

i also saw palutena is going to be amazon exclusive in the usa, pre-ordering not allowed. my condolences.

Thank You For Your Kind Words During This Difficult Time.
Since I took that photo, I've picked up Dark Pit. Once Ganondorf and the Captain get here, I'll rip them all open and take cuter photos.

Dark Pit's Best Buy-exclusive, no pre-orders or online purchases allowed either. :/
Frankly, I feel as if retailers here are still trying to get the hang of things. They're finally learning, though as stores now have over 100 of their store-exclusive amiibo at launch and they actually last about 24 hours.
Amazon's exclusive amiibo is actually rather shocking news, because most people assumed that Amazon USA and Nintendo were on poor terms with one another due to drama with unsold 3DSes. I'm really curious to see how long it's in stock for and how they're going to handle it.

At this point, store exclusives are actually a good thing. The bad thing is the absolutely batshit insane amiibo collectors who still think you've gotta show up at midnight to secure the amiibo you want, and the scumbag people who show up 5 minutes prior to opening with the good-hearted intent to fuck over everyone else who's been waiting for hours to secure their amiibo.

I'm actually planning on going REALLY EARLY to work and bringing the people on line July 31st some donuts.

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - Gors - 07-16-2015

I think street vendors could take advantage of these people and sell them coffee and donuts while they're in the line

you could earn some sick money doing that man

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - Keychain - 07-16-2015

(07-16-2015, 06:31 AM)Kosheh Wrote:
(07-15-2015, 12:53 PM)Keychain Wrote: I walked 4 miles to the closest Gamestop like a week ago when I heard they were restocking on King Dedede and Ness. It was incredibly stupid and I got sunburnt on my neck. But it was worth it.

I'm really hoping that after you walked about an hour to get to your destination you picked up some food or something as well to celebrate, or stopped by the supermarket to buy something to eat when you got home

I misworded what I meant a bit, it was actually a 2 mile walk to the Gamestop. On my way there (about half way through) I stopped at a local snowball stand for a water bottle. When I got there, I got my figures, walked to the closeby Walmart to rest in the A/C. Then I walked to a closeby Jack-in-the-Box and got a spicy chicken sandwich and an ice cold Fanta. :v  Then I walked 2 miles back home. So it was a 4 mile walk total, as someone who rarely exercises it was a big deal for me. I didn't start getting badly tired until I got back into town, just a bit away from home.

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - Kosheh - 07-16-2015

(07-16-2015, 11:39 AM)Keychain Wrote:
(07-16-2015, 06:31 AM)Kosheh Wrote:

I misworded what I meant a bit, it was actually a 2 mile walk to the Gamestop. On my way there (about half way through) I stopped at a local snowball stand for a water bottle. When I got there, I got my figures, walked to the closeby Walmart to rest in the A/C. Then I walked to a closeby Jack-in-the-Box and got a spicy chicken sandwich and an ice cold Fanta. :v  Then I walked 2 miles back home. So it was a 4 mile walk total, as someone who rarely exercises it was a big deal for me. I didn't start getting badly tired until I got back into town, just a bit away from home.

Okay yep you stopped at a Jack-In-The-Box totally worth

(To this day I still haven't eaten at one. HOW
What kills me is that there was one in my town before I was born, and then it closed up

Time to read their menu and weep brb)