The VG Resource
General Sonic is Terrible Thread - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Discussion Boards (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-133.html)
+--- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-135.html)
+--- Thread: General Sonic is Terrible Thread (/thread-26195.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: General Sonic is Terrible Thread - Kosheh - 02-26-2015

(02-26-2015, 03:34 AM)Iceman404 Wrote: It's SEGA's fault for not knowing what the fuck their audience is and trying new gameplay style after new gameplay style.

Yeah! Fuck them! Fuck those fucking fuckers!!

(02-26-2015, 03:12 AM)Kriven Wrote:
(02-26-2015, 02:08 AM)Iceman404 Wrote: If they can just make their fanbase actually pleased consistently...

The problem is that there isn't just a single "Sonic Fanbase". Sonic fans are split in a multitude of directions... you have people like me who dabble in an older generation of Sonic, pretty much from Rush Adventure back (although I do like Sonic 4 and Sonic Chronicles) and who are also big fans of the cartoons and comic series, however the "modern Sonic" games are pretty terrible. Then you have people who hated the entire Sonic Adventure title line (SA, SA2, SH, StH) but like modern Sonic because it embraced the speed aspect of Gen Sonic more than it does the platforming and adventure aspects. Then you've got a group of people who only like the related media, and a group of people who only like Gen Sonic, and a group of people who only like Sonic Adventure and maybe the comics...

The Sonic Fanbase will never be satisfied because there are far too many niches within it.

After reading this, I know exactly what you're referring to - too many different fanbases within the Sonic fanbase.  Not to play favorites here, but I know there's quite a few people who don't like new free-roam Mario 64-style games that Nintendo's been trying to emulate since, and prefer the sidescrolling Mario games.

But it's really weird, as there's just no one as vocal about it as Sonic fans. :/

RE: General Sonic is Terrible Thread - Kriven - 02-26-2015

The only part of Mario that tears me up is the fact that Hooded Robin isn't canon to the games...

...yet.

[Image: 180px-HoodedRobin.jpg]

RE: General Sonic is Terrible Thread - psychospacecow - 02-26-2015

I kind of want to see what Sonic would look like in different genres. Imagine, Sonic The Grizzled Late 20s White Male with 5 O'Clock Shadow and a Vendetta.

RE: General Sonic is Terrible Thread - ~Axis~ - 03-02-2015

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2015/02/tss-review-sonic-runners-iosandroid/

Well I guess we might be in for something fun...

RE: General Sonic is Terrible Thread - Iceman404 - 03-07-2015

Mike Pollock responds to people wanting Shadow in Boom's TV series
https://soundcloud.com/itsamike/boom-shadow

RE: General Sonic is Terrible Thread - Lemonray - 03-11-2015

(02-26-2015, 06:46 PM)psychospacecow Wrote: I kind of want to see what Sonic would look like in different genres. Imagine, Sonic The Grizzled Late 20s White Male with 5 O'Clock Shadow and a Vendetta.

[Image: RHtYDZA.jpg][Image: j5VIFxB.jpg]
?

RE: General Sonic is Terrible Thread - psychospacecow - 03-11-2015

Not that thing, please.

RE: General Sonic is Terrible Thread - Kosheh - 03-12-2015

(03-11-2015, 06:59 AM)Lemonray Wrote:
(02-26-2015, 06:46 PM)psychospacecow Wrote: I kind of want to see what Sonic would look like in different genres. Imagine, Sonic The Grizzled Late 20s White Male with 5 O'Clock Shadow and a Vendetta.

[Image: RHtYDZA.jpg][Image: j5VIFxB.jpg]
?

(03-11-2015, 04:29 PM)psychospacecow Wrote: Not that thing, please.

DONT TELL ANYBODY

EDIT: I like how he made sure not to paint his arms there.
wait which sonic hedgehog guy is that. I'm pretty sure Shadow's arms were black and not tan (assuming it's shadow from the awfully painted white hair tuft. and it's definitely not Knuckles because he's not painted red)

RE: General Sonic is Terrible Thread - ~Axis~ - 03-12-2015

I honestly feel like I'm looking at a fat, blue Bugs Bunny thanks to those huge shoe ears or whatever they are....

RE: General Sonic is Terrible Thread - psychospacecow - 03-12-2015

Ya know what's really funny? I keep getting reminded of Sonic when I play Xenoverse because of Burter [Image: Dragon-Ball-Xenoverse-Burter.jpg]

No joke, his ultimate is called "Blue Hurricane"

RE: General Sonic is Terrible Thread - ~Axis~ - 03-12-2015

It sucks how Burta just dies im the manga and anime by geting throat crushed by Vegeta. Ah shit I'm talking about something completely different in a sonic thread.

Or am I? Sonic got throat crushed by his own team.

Soooooooo.....

RE: General Sonic is Terrible Thread - Iceman404 - 03-12-2015

Sonic has many blatant ripoffs from DBZ so I permit this~
EDIT:
Someone at the actual SEGA of America felt like fucking with CWC
[Image: tumblr_nkzvv4kO7j1sh7jydo1_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nkzvv4kO7j1sh7jydo2_1280.jpg]

RE: General Sonic is Terrible Thread - ~Axis~ - 03-13-2015

OHHH SHIT OFFICIAL THROAT CRUSH RIGHT HERE!!! ^

I feel sorry for Sega. They think giving him blue arms is gonna suddenly make us like him more. What are we in their eyes? KG students? WTF? Wait a sec they said they would "update" his stuff pre Sonic Boom. I hope they make the worst of the games better. Still. This was completely unnecessary.

Rolleyes

edit: I just realised that they might actually ruin any of the good stuff by so called update.

Serious throat crush I swear.

RE: General Sonic is Terrible Thread - Iceman404 - 03-13-2015

BlueBlur
BlueBlur please man, use your Sarcasm Sharingan! Very Sad

Unless... I'm not the one using my sarcasm detector on your sarcasm detector of the sarcasm in my initial post. FFFF

RE: General Sonic is Terrible Thread - Zero Kirby - 03-13-2015

What's funny is if he had blue arms to begin with, giving him tan arms would be what causes a shitstorm.