The VG Resource
Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+------ Forum: Pokemon (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-69.html)
+------ Thread: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? (/thread-16801.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - water dog - 03-11-2011

nonsucky flyer: archeos

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Alpha Six - 03-11-2011

(03-11-2011, 02:55 PM)Quietus Wrote: nonsucky flyer: archeos
braviary

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Locked Achievement - 03-11-2011

Just caught Terrakion

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - A.J. Nitro - 03-11-2011

Beat the Pokemon League with:

Serperior
Watchog
Seismitoad
Scrafty
Vanilluxe
Rufflet

All level 50 - 53

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Ton - 03-11-2011

Grinding for the E4. Mienshao is badass.

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - A.J. Nitro - 03-11-2011

Oh, and an easy way to grind is by giving your Pokemon a Lucky Egg to hold and fighting Audinos in shaking bushes in Route 10. Doing that will give you about 2000+ Exp. per battle.

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Wes - 03-11-2011

Beat E4 and the immediately following awesomeness. My friend was around the same spot as me, so we hung out for like 4 hours and did nothing but grind for levels, catch legendaries like the Fighting types and the Flying types, trade for version exclusives, and beat the E4 simultaneously.

lvl 55 Scrafty "Derp"
lvl 54 Chandelure "Lumiere"
lvl 54 Serperior "Grasshole"
lvl 50 Sigilyph "Nazca"
lvl 50 Carracosta "Yertle"

In-depth recap which includes plot spoilers, so don't read if you haven't gotten this far.
All in all, great game, Love my team, love the plot, and I can't wait to do that after-game stuff. So pumped.

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Chaoxys - 03-11-2011

Dang, is it me or is Scraggy OP'd? I'm still using Scraggy with eviolite and he pretty much took on both N and the Plasma boss on his own.

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Alex - 03-11-2011

(03-11-2011, 04:40 PM)A.J. Nitro Wrote: Oh, and an easy way to grind is by giving your Pokemon a Lucky Egg to hold and fighting Audinos in shaking bushes in Route 10. Doing that will give you about 2000+ Exp. per battle.

You get like 3500-6500 if traded with a Lucky Egg. I got 6500 or so EXP from one battle with a level 33 things fighting a level 33 Audino. It's completely ridiculous.

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Adam - 03-11-2011

Just beat the Elite Four, N, Ghestis, (the main game.) It was fantastic, probably the most intense Pokemon battles I've ever had, save for the battle with Red.

Team:

-Lv. 56 Krookodile
-Lv. 54 Archaeops
-Lv. 54 Throh
-Lv. 52 Emboar
-Lv. 51 Druddigon
-Lv. 51 Zekrom

It was absolutely hilarious how I caught Zekrom. Had Krookodile out, used Earthquake once, got him to low red HP, used one ultra ball, caught him. Great luck, made the end of the game quicker!

Either way; best game I've played in a long time. Can't wait to continue the adventure now.

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Zac - 03-11-2011

(03-11-2011, 10:37 PM)Dex Wrote: It was absolutely hilarious how I caught Zekrom. Had Krookodile out, used Earthquake once, got him to low red HP, used one ultra ball, caught him. Great luck, made the end of the game quicker!

Either way; best game I've played in a long time. Can't wait to continue the adventure now.

yeah zekrom was way to easy to catch
I literally threw one quick ball on the very first turn of the battle and got him

also holy cow dex, our endgame teams our almost identical
I didn't use zekrom or throh though

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Chaoxys - 03-11-2011

Yeah, Zekrom and Reshiram both have rather high catch rates since catching them is story related. The only way you can get away with not catching them is if you KO them and all your PC boxes are full.

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Kosheh - 03-12-2011

Does EVERYTHING in this game have a hilariously high catch rate?

I've used like 2 Great Balls to catch stubborn Pokemon, but everything else is just fine in a PokeBall. I wouldn't be surprised if Reshiram gets in a Poke Ball.
Hell, I just caught a Excadrill on Victory Road using a Poke Ball and I didn't even put him to sleep or anything, wtf
And now a Durant. ALSO in a Poke Ball. DEINO TOO. SERIOUSLY FJDKFJ

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Chaoxys - 03-12-2011

(03-12-2011, 01:04 AM)Kosheh Wrote: Does EVERYTHING in this game have a hilariously high catch rate?

I've used like 2 Great Balls to catch stubborn Pokemon, but everything else is just fine in a PokeBall. I wouldn't be surprised if Reshiram gets in a Poke Ball.
Hell, I just caught a Excadrill on Victory Road using a Poke Ball and I didn't even put him to sleep or anything, wtf
And now a Durant. ALSO in a Poke Ball. SERIOUSLY FJDKFJ
Idk, I've found that a number of the after game area pokemon can be stubborn as hell. Also the 3 Musketeers can be a pain at times.

RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - Kosheh - 03-12-2011

(03-12-2011, 01:13 AM)Chaoxys Wrote:
(03-12-2011, 01:04 AM)Kosheh Wrote: Does EVERYTHING in this game have a hilariously high catch rate?

And now a Durant. ALSO in a Poke Ball. SERIOUSLY FJDKFJ
Idk, I've found that a number of the after game area pokemon can be stubborn as hell. Also the 3 Musketeers can be a pain at times.

good, lol

I've got like 30 Ultra Balls from when Juniper gave me some plus all the Dowsing MCHN pickups

i'm so set for legendaries, lol

speaking of which, I feel I should mention that it took me only 1 Premier Ball and 2 Poke Balls to catch Victini. And it has a catch rate of 3.

when I say that I feel the capture rates in this game are ridiculously high, I'm not joking. seriously, my pokeballs should have sucked 6 gyms ago