The VG Resource
Gaia's Sprite Thread - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+----- Thread: Gaia's Sprite Thread (/thread-12673.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Gaia's recent Sprite Topic - Gaia - 06-01-2009

[Image: 2jcc3uw.png]

Zero was missing his hair apparently.. now it's added.

RE: Gaia's recent Sprite Topic - Gaia - 06-01-2009

[Image: 2rnv94z.png]

The girls and Axl. Can't say this completes the (current) main cast.
[Image: 2z87zv6.png]

I just basically combined both Hunters and Navis to make this (Vile and Sigma are Ex-Hunters, actually. Part of the plot in Maverick Hunter X).

RE: Gaia's recent Sprite Topic - Gaia - 06-04-2009

[Image: 34dstb9.png]

This is the style that came out of the product bin, hope you enjoy.

Look ma, X style sprites! - Gaia - 06-29-2009

PROPER crit is needed. and keep in mind, I'm still prolly trying to get a grip on this style.. so some may not look great, it also gives me an excuse to post again.

[Image: Jet_by_GaiaX2.png] [Image: Gigaaspis_by_GaiaX2.png] [Image: Sonic_the_Hedgehog_by_GaiaX2.png] [Image: Alia_by_GaiaX2.png] [Image: Cutman_by_GaiaX2.png] [Image: Marina_by_GaiaX2.png] [Image: MMX_Storm_Owl_by_GaiaX2.png] [Image: MMX_Iris_by_GaiaX2.png] [Image: 2bwubk.png] [Image: 35n0tpz.png] [Image: xg0iu0.gif]

And I'm sure you remember Gutsman. Most of these are either old or new anyway.

RE: Look ma, X style sprites! - Turbo Thunderbolt - 06-29-2009

From what I see here Gaia, Sonic's bottom two quills seem to be fused together. =P
but that's just what I think anyway.

RE: Look ma, X style sprites! - Gaia - 06-29-2009

[Image: 24dpp9e.png]

Attempted to make the head more in-style. I personally thought the old one (above the new one) was a Modern Gen rehash. Eyes are a little WIP-ish in this case.. as well as the overall head..

RE: Look ma, X style sprites! - KoA - 06-29-2009

I assume you are trying to replicate the 16 bit X style?

They all look good as far s I can tell, but sonic looks drastically out of place. I don't think it's fault of the sprite but just the fact that Sonic himself is just not easily translated into this certain style methinks.

Also X on the top row is awkwardly positioned.

RE: Look ma, X style sprites! - Ton - 06-29-2009

Not bad. Guts Man's head seems to be looking down, not forward though.

RE: Look ma, X style sprites! - LeleleleMAXIMUM - 06-30-2009

Sonic's spikes are blocky.
And his leftmost sprite looks pillowshaded at the head, but idk how recent it is.
EDIT:
Hm, I say Guttsman looks the most official. Most sheetable, imo.

Sprite Topic - Gaia - 10-25-2009

[Image: 309lbwi.png]

We have what looks like the Smash Bros lineup. I think I nearly have all the origional 12 (the top row, missing Donkey Kong, Ness, Jigglypuff, Samus, Capt. Falcon, , Fox... and maybe Pikachu), but they are old anyway.

So this is my style, and how it works:

Custom characters get entirely diffrent poses in general, while Official characters (above) have idles based off thier current spritesets and maybe custom ones if official ones don't work. this explains why some sprites look similar to another spriteset (if it happens).

And no, it does not clash with the current Smash Bros project, I'm just showing you what I've been doing since I haven't posted here in awhile.

Sprite Critics are welcome too.

RE: Sprite Topic - Boo - 10-25-2009

I've always liked your styles Gaia, and this one is a bit weird but I kind of like it. You could give Peach and Link some eyes, and try to make Bowser a bit more upright with his hands a bit farther apart.

I'm not really liking Sonic to much, his frills are kind of messed and his body is weird. I don't know.

RE: Sprite Topic - Gaia - 10-26-2009

(most) Of the eyes (the black lines, THEY are the eyes, with the exception of mario, he'll look weird with those eyes) kind of came from Lego toys and Superstar Saga (MOST of the beans have eyes like that, which I will not argue with), which was the style's inspiration aside from the chibiness.

Bowser I kinda based off of his PM sprites, and Sonic still has bugs I need to work out on. Plus I might really need to go back to his genesis sprites to see if it'll work in this style. Plus, again, they are old too, so I can remake them anytime if there's an error. heh.

RE: Sprite Topic - Gaia - 10-30-2009

[Image: 2djrvv7.gif]

Stuff happens when you have been absent from the Smash Bros Community Project (SBCP). Vectorman in the aftermentioned project style, credit to gorsal here for size ref.

I know he could be too big, but eh. This version comes from the cutscenes.

Comparing this Vectorman to the origional style choice's one, I'd say this is a slight improvement.

RE: Sprite Topic - Stirred Drei Ling - 10-30-2009

Um, that looks like crap, not gonna lie. You're not really shading it as much as you are outlining bumpy areas. And the head looks nothing like I remember Vector Man. And I'm positive the joints were circles, not squares.

RE: Sprite Topic - tsr moderation staff - 10-30-2009

i like the lineart and the design (modernized, but recognizable) but the shading and colours need work