The VG Resource

Full Version: Tabuu's Takeover
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I'm working on some sprites of Tabuu, the final boss of Super Smash Bros Brawl, and wanted some advice/critique on how it looks. I'm also using a Megaman 8 sprite for the base.

Here's what I have so far:
[Image: tabuutempspritesqk0.png]

I'm still not sure what it is, but for some reason I think I could do better on those binary-like lines that are on Tabuu. Anyway, I'm open to help/advice/critique/whatever on this!
The Avenger Wrote:using a Megaman 8 sprite for the base.

That's a problem.

This doesn't look like Tabuu it looks like a Megaman character.
Well, Megaman sprites are the closest to human-like sprites that I use and Tabuu is a human-like character.
That does not look human. At least the face doesn't.
Tabuu does not have large boots, gloves, a strange blue thing on top of his head, or an animal like face.
I'll try to fix that. And what do you mean by animal-like face? Is it the way I shaded his head?
The way the helment combines with the face in many Megaman sprites makes him (and many robot masters) have ape-like faces.
Ah, ok. Well I did try to edit out the helmet and make the head a bit smaller to make him look more convincing.
That does not look like Tabuu, and how is this a sprite project?
Try to make it custom, it always turns out better that way.
It's still a work in progress. Anyway, I made two animations of his idle/floating stance.

[Image: iconator43e729245863mo6.gif][Image: iconator43e729932001qs1.gif]
The one on the left is the old one, and the one on the right is the new one.
Which one looks better?
out of those two, the right is much better.
Thanks, I think I'll stick with the new version of my Tabuu sprites. I'm fixing up the spritesheet I have right now!
last thing i knew he didn't have gloves or boots.
That's one of the things I'm fixing now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7