The VG Resource

Full Version: Regarding Participation Badges
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Sorry, but we'll probably have to stop giving out participation badges for the challenges and remove the current ones as they kind of mess with the layout of the posts by stretching the avatar area and are just a hassle to give out since theres so many of them.

~with love, the staff.
Y'know, it would make more sense if you couldn't get the same badge more than once (You're credited for multiple wins, but it's not displayed), and that you can choose up to 3 badges to display on-forum.

Just sayin'.
I suggested something like that, but it was never implemented.
Now there are two people suggesting this, strength in numbers, boys.
(also it's a intelligent idea, you got my support too)
You could have it displayed on a seperate page.

Below your name it will say "Awards: #"

It will only show a number until you click it to see the trophies.
Oh hai.
It would be nice if you could choose the Awards you want to have displayed. Although Koopaul's suggestion would be okay, too.

Aanyways, I don't see them stretching the avatar area. See, those who could stretch are in a new row instead.
Your awards is one that stretchs, Previous. And I have a 22" monitor
Yeah problem there is that doesn't remove the fact I have to go through and spend ages adding the award to each member - it's not as easy as it sounds. On top of that, Mozzy and I have issues often with people changing their names.

Additional, I can't make them display on a seperate page.
(07-15-2009, 02:07 AM)Super Ultimecia Wrote: [ -> ]Your awards is one that stretchs, Previous. And I have a 22" monitor
I have a 19" monitor with a resolution of 1280x1024 and I think they don't strech anything... weird.
Probably it depends on the forum theme? I'm using the default one. Uh no.
(07-15-2009, 02:07 AM)Super Ultimecia Wrote: [ -> ]Your awards is one that stretchs, Previous. And I have a 22" monitor
Monitor size means dick, it's the resolution that your video card is at that would show it stretching. Mine is at 1024x768 and Previous' awards aren't stretching the display, so yours would be lower than that to have it stretch.
It also looks pretty ugly to have more than one row of awards imo.
mines 1280x800 and they are stretching Blank
Your name is streching, Raytheon, so you shouldn't be complaining. Tongue

Anyways, If it's too much work and stuff to have those participation badges, I don't mind removing them.
removing participation awards is a good idea
You could just make the awards smaller and fit into a square shaped grid, that way you could have awards that would look nice in more than one row and not stretch the page.
Pages: 1 2 3