The VG Resource

Full Version: Best levels in any video game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pretty self-explanatory title.

I'll probably think of some better ones later, but Assault on the Control Room from Halo 1 and Quarantine Zone from Halo 2 were amazing.
green hill zone
world 1-1
castlevania
(07-11-2009, 01:20 AM)Shadowth117 Wrote: [ -> ]Assault on the Control Room from Halo 1 and Quarantine Zone from Halo 2 were amazing.

AotCR is the second most boring level in Halo 1 (i'm sure you can guess the first) and Quarantine Zone is just awful.

Good levels? I'm gonna have to say Amendment XXIV and Requiem from Hitman: Blood Money are my favorite levels in any game to date. Every co-op level in Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory is great too.
Energy Zone in the Original Contra. its basically the best song in the whole game.
[Image: contraqn3.gif]
those fucking flames coming out of the tubes with platforms FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
I'm a fan of the Planet Kerwan on Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal.
That's a difficult one. There are so many I love. One would definitely be Click Clock Wood.
(07-11-2009, 02:04 AM)koopaul Wrote: [ -> ]That's a difficult one. There are so many I love. One would definitely be Click Clock Wood.

Thats one beatiful and clever desing indeed.
Any stage in SoTN.
Gonna have to agree with Koopaul. Click Clock Wood was an awesome level.

I'm gonna have to say Darkmoon Caverns from Diddy Kong Racing.
Snowhead in Majoras Mask was pretty good (not the dungeon, the entire segment). Click Clock Wood was also tits, so was the entire Nuke Building segment on MGS1 (Psycho Mantis area).
Wow. Trying to think of favourite levels, I totally realised I play a hell of alot of Free Roam games...

Uh, I'd say the levels inside the Temple of Shadows from Dark Messiah of Might & Magic.

in regards to Halo: AotCR is the mission that is the easiest to mess with. I personally like The Maw better, but as long as it isn't The Library or Keyes, I am fine. Can't stand The Library or Keyes.
Timeless River in Kingdom Hearts 2, hands down best world in the entire series. Such a shame it was the only world you couldn't visit twice. Sad
The Oldschool feeling and black and white theme and music of that world was just amazing, was really good seeing original Walt Disney cartoons come to life.
Mine would be the Glitz Pit from Paper Mario 2.
Any level from Spyro the Dragon. Particular standouts are Stone Hill and Lofty Castle, the latter because of the super-catchy music in it.

In Halo 1, the only level that really struck me as wicked fun was The Silent Cartographer. Assault on the Control Room started fun, but it was drawn out far too long, far too much.

The Sunspire and Na Pali Haven from the first Unreal title were both friggin' excellent.

Is multiplayer stuff okay? I don't care! Big Grin Both Deck 16 and Curse from the Unreal Tournament series are regulars for a reason.

That's all that pops to mind as of right now. Might post more later.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6