The VG Resource

Full Version: Pokemon Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm a fan of pokemon and i love the cave story style so i decided to sprite me pokemon team starting with Hitmonlee
[Image: Poke-6.png]
next pokemon are
-muk
-magmortar(may have spelled this wrong)
-gengar
-Poliwhirl
-bulbasor
C+C on what i have..
The sprites are pretty awkward. Also, they seem wicked tall for Cave Story
EDIT: Odd, now they're gone. :/
The Hitmonlee is decent, but the human looks awkward and the pokeball isn't a ball at all.
The human portion is off that's why it looks weird.I'll work on fixing the human.
Too large, you need to make them the same size and proportions as Cave Story; I.E. large heads, small bodies, thin arms-- though, since Hitmonlee's focus is his arms, you could probably waive that for him.
I wouldn't call it cave story, it was known for both size and shading, take one out and it isn't cave story. I suggest making the style into your own since you're not restricting yourself into the style 100%. So it's best to do everything your own way with the cave story style. Sprites are coming out decent so far, keep going.
Okay it's not cave story style anymore. I dont like how bulbasoar came out but gengar came out okay..[Image: Poke-5.png]
That Bulbasaur

looks nothing

like a Bulbasaur

Gengar is okay, though.
Going to remove bulbasaur out of the team too frustrating . I did Polywhirl akward pose going to change the pose but for now here it is....
[Image: Poke-6.png]
hitmonlee is ok because the shading is simple and well done. bulbasaur is not. gengar is ok because the shading is simple and well done. poliwhirl is not.
Huge Bump My Pokemon team is completed
C+C??[Image: Poke-6-3.png]
Monferno is awful, Pikachu is to small, and Hancrow is a little off.

But the restg are pretty cool. Especially Mamoswine.
*Piloswine

i do agree some of them are too small though, id make some a bit bigger.
The Sprites Look Lineless, I'm not sure if that is How they are supposed to be but if they are then good job, In My Opinion you need to do a bit of editing to make them look more defined. And Height them against something. Like a Chart, as In Pokemon Zero.

Will X
I did use a chart its not visible that much but its in the side and Im going to edit them now.
Pages: 1 2