The VG Resource

Full Version: hey sonic team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
remember in majoras mask

goron links gameplay

make sonic like that

itt;sonic sux
no
spindashing was odd with the goron
They should really base the engine off the one they used in SA2 and make the levels larger with multiple paths. It would also be great if they kept the bounce and lightdash moves off the same button. The one thing they really need to do though is remove the boost. The boost ruins the game in the same way that MP lock-on would ruin any other FPS. It'd be alright if you could get it as an item like the mushrooms in Mario Kart, but it really shouldn't be something you can just spam like it is in current Sonic titles.
spindash and light dash on the same button worked fine
same with jump and homing attack on the same button - they need to put that back
Hey Sonic Team, try not sucking so much dick.

[/thread]
(07-02-2009, 03:49 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]spindash and light dash on the same button worked fine
same with jump and homing attack on the same button - they need to put that back

I agree with this. Its mostly the bounce/lightdash thing I had a problem with.
Yeah, but bounce wasn't really used enough to justify a button change. You really only needed it once, and that was in city escape to get that upgrade.
Its a 3D game featuring a company pet. it HAD to have a Pound move.
If they stop making him so fast they could easily put more platforming and less running forward.
Yeah there isn't enough people saying Sonic should be slow to realise his main gimmick is being fast.

I say just have a controlled speed, I mean its really more to do with the acceleration of Sonic, I think Sonic Unleashed went too fast too quickly, just allow him to take more to time to speed up, this way when we do get given a spindash it makes sense to use it.
I think I'd honestly be content with SA2's Sonic play-style rehashed with different levels. I felt like they nailed the speed in that game. He went fast, but also took time to accelerate (which also helps give the spindash a purpose), didn't have slippery control, and you could slow him back down in time avoid unforeseen obstacles.

I like Unleashed, I really do. However, quite a bit of the game seems to dip out and becomes more a series of trial-and-error timing puzzles than platforming challenges. The "Missing Sister" mission comes to mind.
Take out all the humans and stop adding new friends that aren't necessary. Don't overdo the speed.

Plot: Save the environment from Robotnik/Eggman and save the animals.

And there you'll have: A good Sonic game. Cuz that's all Sonic used to be a about.
Correction, practically every old Sonic game had that, each game had a new character added, speed increased because technology improved and well I know the games didn't include humans besides Robotnik but humans have little impact on the game besides a replacement for small animals.
guys don't make me go sonicnerd again
i can be a mean bean machine >: (

(07-03-2009, 06:27 PM)Flare Wrote: [ -> ]Correction, practically every old Sonic game had that, each game had a new character added, speed increased because technology improved and well I know the games didn't include humans besides Robotnik but humans have little impact on the game besides a replacement for small animals.

Practically? You know that there are other classic Sonic games other than those on the Mega Drive, right?
Let's see his whole library of gaming:
Sonic 1 <- Sonic and Robotnik
Sonic 2 <- Tails
Sonic 3 <- Knuckles
Sonic CD <- Amy
SEGASonic <- Mighty and Ray
Knuckles Chaotix <- Espio, Heavy, Vector, Charmy (Bomb was already a badnik from Starlight Zone)
Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic 3D Blast, and all Sonics from GameGear and Master System except Triple Trouble <- No new characters added!
While in new games, even spin-offs have new characters and villains and giant monsters as final bosses!
Plus, JarJar said and I quote:
(07-03-2009, 03:56 PM)JarJar Wrote: [ -> ]stop adding new friends that aren't necessary.
Tails is a necessary character, Knuckles is a necessary character, heck, even Amy I consider a necessary character.
So, the only classic games that added unecessary characters were SEGASonic, Chaotix, Triple Trouble (even though I fucking love Fang, he can be easily replaced by Eggman/Knuckles/Eggrobo) and Sonic R.
These four games doesn't look like the whole library of classic Sonic games if you ask me!

Speed wasn't increased because technology improved. Sonic 3 has the same speed as Sonic 2. Sonic 1 was supposed to have even bigger speed than Sonic 3 and Sonic 2, but the developers thought people could have seizures, because he was really that fast. And then they slowed him down.

I don't really mind humans, as long as they are cartoonized and have that surrealism factor that the classic games had in their structure (Sonic OVA comes in mind! The President had elf-like ears and his daughter had cat ears and tail), and as long as they don't take a major role on the game, and shows that there are many other antro creatures besides Sonic and his friends, have some racoons, foxes and shits as NPCs, why not?

edit:
didn't count mean bean machine because that wasn't a game, that was a ROM hack, really.
Sonic the Fighters didn't have any new characters. Bean and Bark are characters from Dinamite Dux but "Sonicsized", thus I don't count them.
(07-03-2009, 06:27 PM)Flare Wrote: [ -> ]Correction, practically every old Sonic game had that, each game had a new character added, speed increased because technology improved and well I know the games didn't include humans besides Robotnik but humans have little impact on the game besides a replacement for small animals.

how is this a correction when you practically repeated everything i just said. it looks like you just skimmed over my post without noticing the point of it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7