The VG Resource

Full Version: Luigi's Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[Image: allpurposeimagej.png]

You will be expecting one thing, but getting another. Either you'll love it, or hate it. But in the end, it's only a game about Luigi. This is... Luigi's Game.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Code:
Move: Arrow Keys
Jump: Shift

(for a minigame compo at mfgg featuring "bad sprites")
Are you the guy who made that Wario game?

Ok here are the good points
-Physics aren't that bad
-it's very satisfying to kill goombas because of the noise they make.

Bad points
-Horrible, horrible sprites (we're they supposed to be bad? i can't tell from your first post.)
-No backwards animation for luigi
-Sometimes you can't see the platform you are going to have to jump onto because it is bellow you
-shift key for jump enables sticky keys
-music gets boring
-nothing comes out of the item boxes.
all of those points are intentional.
Except music being boring - I'd say it fits perfectly, but everyone their taste.

I'd suggest you complete the game though, there is more to it when you complete it.

And yes, I did make that Wario game.
What do you use to make your games? Multimedia Fusion?

Anyway, I got stuck at 1-3.
It wasn't bad. Just strange.
I got stuck at Bowser.
That was really awful. It was offensive to all relevant senses.
Right when I opened the game, all I got was a glitched up screen and the music (which, IMO, doesn't sound very good).
I think this is a big step down from your Wario fangame MB..
(06-10-2009, 10:36 PM)AceTrainer♂BigG Wrote: [ -> ]I think this is a big step down from your Wario fangame MB..

Well, you can't really judge the game until you completely play it through. This game is completely different from my normal games because it focuses on the atmosphere and player emotions, instead of just gameplay 'fun'. You seem to only think 'inside the box', and everything outside it is just a step down. But really, if anything, this is a major step up. I could easily have made yet another gameplay rich game, but chose not to. I like to expand :D

(06-10-2009, 10:13 PM)Zee Wrote: [ -> ]That was really awful. It was offensive to all relevant senses.

I'm actually really glad you feel that way, it just means that my intentions of making the player get emotional is successful. As I said, some may find it beautiful, some may find it morally wrong. Although everyone but you seems to have gotten stuck at 1-3 (I have no idea how that's even possible) or just not paid much attention to the game, which is really their loss.

(06-10-2009, 10:25 PM)Perigi Wrote: [ -> ]Right when I opened the game, all I got was a glitched up screen
I think it might either be an issue with your graphics card driver, or an incredibly old graphics card. Either way, there's nothing I can do - it's all on you.
Actually I stopped on the Bowser level when I actually started dying from flames with shit hit boxes, and then from from a vomit stain on the screen I think you meant to be Bowser.
heh, it appears you did not read the first post.

and I feel sorry you didn't complete it.
We get that it's meant to be a parody of bad games, but

So were No More Heroes/Flower Sun & Rain - but they retained accurate controls, not to mention actually fun.

This isn't fun, sadly.
I get your point- it's a bit like dadaism, challenging what we understand a game should be. Then again I may just be getting my art classes here for nothing. I for one, actually liked the music.
(06-11-2009, 07:55 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]We get that it's meant to be a parody of bad games, but

So were No More Heroes/Flower Sun & Rain - but they retained accurate controls, not to mention actually fun.

This isn't fun, sadly.
It's not. It's made for a minigame competition at mfgg which requires you to only use a selected number of horrible sprites. It's not a paraody - I could've done far better than that.

and No More Heroes is a bit repetitive, but enjoying, I agree.

Though you haven't fully played this game, I can easily tell - I'll give you the opportunity to play the game from start to finish and then I'll listen to you again.
(06-09-2009, 05:40 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]What do you use to make your games? Multimedia Fusion?

Also am I the only one here who didn't hate the music?
It wasn't exactly fitting, but I didn't think it was bad, per se. lol

anyway, I thought the grass effects were good (although annoying) and if they had been shaded etc I think they would have looked really cool in another game
but that's just me

hopefully this is the kind of response mechabowser was trying to get B)
Pages: 1 2 3 4