The VG Resource

Full Version: Big News
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
As Wax has now posted it on TSGK I thought I'll be the first to say it here. Me, Wax and Dazz have been talking behind closed doors about this for sometime now and I'm unsure just how many people know but here it is...

TSGK will be joining tSR.

When N-finity died, so did his knowledge of how the site worked. And with such complex code being impossible for even some of the best to fully understand talks began soon after I joined TSGK.

So let me announce that TSGK's sprites will be heading to tSR. And thus the biggest, will easily get a whole lot bigger.

In Wax's own words over at TSGK...
Quote:For those of you wondering about the sudden movement and then the sudden lack of movement, explanations are in order. Explanations that are, perhaps, site altering.

For the last two years we've been struggling to keep things moving around here. Every time we just about recover, something goes wrong. Like Goemar joining which somehow caused site-wide interior glitches (through no fault of his own) even though it shouldn't have been a problem.

As a testament to Web's coding skills - I asked a friend of mine who, like Web, has been coding since she first found the internet - and she said that much of the code shouldn't function at all. Bizarre little tricks and coding done in ways that are considered not to be done due to the dangers inherent. What she was saying was, Web was a freaking genius. (We all knew this to be true.)

After much talking between this sites' admin and a certain others, new plans have unfolded.

TSGK is not 'closing,' it is changing. This front page will (in time) be replaced with a new site, a new TSGK which will serve as the new front page home of the N-Fans and the comics portal which once existed on Captainn.net.

The content will remain here as a sort of open-source testament to what Web could do, it will simply not be the first thing you see.

As for new content? We're in the process of (very) slowly sending over everything to our long-standing friends (even if the members didn't know it) at TSR.

So, without further adieu, http://spriters-resource.com/ shall be the new home of TSGK content and updates.
Perhaps someday we'll be able to reinvent the TSGK sprite site again with a new toolset and a new Captain to pilot this vessel. In the meantime, we're going to hand the reigns to someone more capable (Dazz over at TSR) and turn this site into something Web would still be proud of!

As I said, TSGK's sprite website will remain as a moment to Web. (But please stop submitting stuff!)
In before "April Fools joke."
Congratulations. This is the most believable April Fools I've read in a long time.
Damn April Fools day...

I'll just wait 'till Dazz gets on to confirm this.
April Fool's joke at expenses of N-finity's death?
Not cool.
I was good friends with N-finty.
And if you don't believe I was do you think Wax would joke about this?

http://tsgk.captainn.net/index.php?p=news

See his update was done on 31st March. So, this is no joke.
(04-01-2009, 12:43 AM)Maneko Wrote: [ -> ]April Fool's joke at expenses of N-finity's death?
Not cool.

Because everything that happens on april 1st is trolling, right?

Be sensible in your logic, at least.
This is great news.
Yeah, don't worry guys, this is true. We've been planning this a while.
WaxPoetic posted his on his forum yesterday, not april 1st. Hopefully that'd be convincing enough for you.
April Fool's jokes do happen before the date. Very often, actually.
True but still, this is real.

Can we have some fireworks now? It is a rather joyous occasion you know...
Yeah, we were discussing this back on March 8th. It's not an April Fools' joke. (I don't even do jokes on that day anymore.)
I must admit, I would usually crack a huge joke on April Fools, but after the whole nobody-believing-me-about-my-leg thing, I don't see why I should.
Don't care til tomorrow.

Great news if true, low blow using someone's death if a joke.
Seriously this is true guys.
Pages: 1 2 3 4