The VG Resource

Full Version: N64 - Saffron City
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A few people and I made this at VGLan, and well I think the sheet ended up never to be worked on again, so I decided to continue this into this style, and well yeah...it kinda sucks. I doubt if it's even in the same style, and I doubt myself to even continue to work on this anymore, so if anyone wants they can continue it if they wish. It sucks I know. It's just a reference.

[Image: 2ynih52.png]
I think it's a pretty great start.
Loven it so far, good job
I'm the one who started this, in October 2007. I did much of the job here, but I had to take a few step back when I was told that it wouldn't scroll well, so I had to correct this;

[Image: SaffronCity_Perspectivefromtheright.png]
[Image: SaffronCity_Perspectivefromtheleft.png]

I made everything on the above sheet, and, as far as I remember, Papero made everything that is not on the above sheets. I won't be a police here, though; I'll have to just have it confirmed for myself.

I dropped this project for multiple reasons, one of them being a mistake in choosing the colors - colors ripped directly in the game. If you notice, the Silph Co. logo is also ripped from a screenshot of the game itself. It was also a bit too demanding for the lazy me.
I loved this level *nostalgia*
Buildings could be better and easily have twice as less colours.
Didn't we decide to not have perspective in the stages?

For an example of what I mean, refer to Kirby Super Star (or Ultra) stage rips.
I really wouldn't mind helping Samsterboy and Mandew fixing this up :p
(02-27-2009, 09:41 PM)Sploder Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't we decide to not have perspective in the stages?

For an example of what I mean, refer to Kirby Super Star (or Ultra) stage rips.

You mean a bit like this?
[Image: SaffronCityKSSStyle-1.png]

Also don't mind the title, it's pretty loosely-used here.
I think there's still perspective there :p
(02-27-2009, 09:41 PM)Sploder Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't we decide to not have perspective in the stages?

You mean completly flat?
Why would anyone wanna do that, I meanthe Smash Bros stages have perspective, why not these?
NGC Onett has perspective too. But I think Sploder was pointing out that you could see too much floor on this stage, and the angle should be changed.
(02-28-2009, 03:02 PM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: [ -> ]NGC Onett has perspective too. But I think Sploder was pointing out that you could see too much floor on this stage, and the angle should be changed.

Oh, I thought you guys wanted them completly flat

Ok I get it now, thanks!
I think perspective works as long as it isn't a uniform perspective like at the top. The onett stage is an example of what the perspective should be like.
[Image: saffroncityed.png]
An edit.
Yes, just like that.
Pages: 1 2