The VG Resource

Full Version: Help removing black lines?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I got a sprite sheet cut and everything, but when I looked at it, there's weird black lines and backgrounds on a few frames. Normally I would just run it through a color remover, but that would require selecting black, which would also remove outlines and faces and stuff. Anyone know what to do?
(My sprites right here as a gif) [attachment=14740]
I just see a single frame of Kirby and also nothing wrong with it. These black outlines are pretty normal for a DS Kirby sprite.
(05-21-2023, 06:17 AM)BarackĀ Obama Wrote: [ -> ]I just see a single frame of Kirby and also nothing wrong with it. These black outlines are pretty normal for a DS Kirby sprite.

It's a gif you have to click on, and what I mean is that later frames have black lines separate from the actual sprite.
It looks like the sprite sheet where you got these images did not have the background set as a single color, so when that background color was removed for transparency, it left those extra pixels. You'll need to open each affected image and color in the background. I would normally use pink but since Kirby is already pink, maybe use a lime green.
The sheets seem to be alright. Must be an error while creating the GIF.

I reccommend to start from scratch. I guess it's also better to keep the native size instead of scaling Kirby up.