The VG Resource

Full Version: Kirby and the Forgotten Land new file bfsar.cmpbin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried to extract the sounds from the new game, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, but to no avail thanks to this new file "bfsar.cmpbin".

I thought I could extract it with QuickBMS by making my own script(first time for everything) but it never worked because QuickBMS failed to recognize the "ÿþ" part of the code, so it could never extract.

Here is a link to one of the bfsar.cmpbin files I had. This one in particular contains the sounds of Clawroline, a new popular boss character in this new Kirby game. Please help!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13uRGXfe...sp=sharing

Edit: I forgot to mention, I made a copy of this file, deleted every byte up to the FSARÿþ@ in HxD so that'd it be a regular switch bfsar file, but when I tried to extract it in Citric Composer or VGMToolBox, neither of them could extract it. Curious.
Use the "Kirby (Nintendo Switch) - CMP Decompression" QuickBMS script from my scripts thread to decompress those:
https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-29836.html
(03-27-2022, 08:19 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: [ -> ]Use the "Kirby (Nintendo Switch) - CMP Decompression" QuickBMS script from my scripts thread to decompress those:
https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-29836.html

Thank you so much you Random Talking Bush. Way better than that Random Talking Shrub. That punk owes me money!

Edit: Ok, while QuickBMS can extract the bfsar from the cmpbin just fine, for some reason Citric Composer doesn't recognize the bfsar, saying the "Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection." What does it mean? Did I do something wrong?
(03-27-2022, 08:48 PM)JoshdaBoss Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: Ok, while QuickBMS can extract the bfsar from the cmpbin just fine, for some reason Citric Composer doesn't recognize the bfsar, saying the "Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection." What does it mean? Did I do something wrong?
I think it's just that Citric Composer might not be compatible with the specific BFSAR version used for that (as I encountered the same issues with that and a handful of other games I tested). The sounds themselves are working just fine, it's just that you'll need to find another method to split the FWAVs and such from those.
(03-28-2022, 03:33 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-27-2022, 08:48 PM)JoshdaBoss Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: Ok, while QuickBMS can extract the bfsar from the cmpbin just fine, for some reason Citric Composer doesn't recognize the bfsar, saying the "Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection." What does it mean? Did I do something wrong?
I think it's just that Citric Composer might not be compatible with the specific BFSAR version used for that (as I encountered the same issues with that and a handful of other games I tested). The sounds themselves are working just fine, it's just that you'll need to find another method to split the FWAVs and such from those.

Well, I just found BFSAR_Splt can extract the bfwavs just fine. Thank you for your help man!