The VG Resource

Full Version: ripping models from Zelda Link's awakening
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I see there is a lot of characters from Zelda Link's awakening posted in the model ressource, but no locations or dungeon yet.
I would like to rip those and to share it here, but I don't know which tool to use to rip this game.
Could someone kindly explain me quickly the process of convertingĀ  Link's awakening 3d and texture? Or point me to a tutorial if there is.
Thanks!
Most of Nintendo's games use a SZS format, and they basicly store the BFRES files, Switch Toolbox is a really good tool to get decent extractions of the BFRES models
(10-25-2020, 11:10 AM)bulletbillgamer18 Wrote: [ -> ]Most of Nintendo's games use a SZS format, and they basicly store the BFRES files, Switch Toolbox is a really good tool to get decent extractions of the BFRES models

Thank for the help! I was able to import de Bfres 3d model in 3Dsmax, and the textures with the switch toolbox.
Now the fun begin!
You're welcome, im glad for the help to work, remember, the BFRES format is not limited to Link's Awakening, most Wii U and Switch titles made by Nintendo themselfs use the same format
Hi, I actually made an account specifically for this same request. I would absolutely love it if any of the dungeons could be made available - but my biggest interest is seeing the overworld somehow - even if only in chunks. ANY advice for this would be greatly appreciated.
Hey I was wondering if you were able to rip the dungeon models successfully?
I am in the process of doing the same, but a lot of them. (Mainly the overworld models) seem the be missing textures.

Is this something you encountered too?