The VG Resource

Full Version: ::Superb Mario Bros Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Just wanna say thanks so much guys for all your doing! It's really speeding up the process.
Anyways, Superb Mario Bros is turning out to be an awesome project. ChaosBlaze is doing SUCH a good job. He's extremely awesome!
If you wanna contribute anything to this project (mostly sprites), feel free to do so. I'll give them a little fix if they need it to fit the style, and they go into the game wherever.

Superb Mario Bros Sprite Style Guidelines (phew)
- No shading. Only use a darker shade of a colour if you're outlining something (beak of Mario's Hat, a shell's texture, etc.)
- Pupils are usually only 1 black pixel. Cute characters' pupils are 2-3 pixels high.
- Shouldn't be any larger than Luigi's height, unless it's a large enemy (Bowser)

Sprite Checklist
[Image: f_1checklist1m_1008a05.png]

Characters
To be Updated.
Seems pretty sweet, dude.
Any demos out?
Is this game already finished, 'cause if so, I'd love to play it.
It's only a mockup. If any of you can program, and would like to make this come to life, drop me a line.
I've been trying how to learn to program, but Game Maker is annoying, especially the Lite Version. And I imagine you'd want someone with more advanced tools anyways.
Yeh. Preferably Flash. I used to use Game Maker too, but it's really buggy.
By the way, can I see the sprites for that bunny costume, or is that pose all you have?
Game maker could make this. I want to try actually. If ya want.
Well, it'd probably be better in Flash, but that isn't really saying anything, because Flash owns GM. I guess it would work out. Only problem would be glitches.
Hell, have a go. I'll make a sprite sheet right now. With Bunny costume Cute
OK. Ill get started on the programing. Well need a 320x 240 Screen Saying
Graphics Made By Andrio and add w.e. you want in it.
Also 320 x 240 tittle screen saying tittle of game new game load and exit.
First, make a beta. I wanna see if the game's gonna look good..use this sheet
[Image: f_spritesheetm_4695a82.png]
You don't have to worry about Fire Mario just yet. Here's what i want the beta to look like.
- Flat ground using the ground tiles.
- Both blocks around 2 blocks high from the ground.
- Mario, being able to walk and jump well.

If i like it, i'll make the title and menu and such and such.
Looks really flat, more like Cavestory. Great Job though.
Ha, I like the CaveStory style.
Hey, you've got a cute unique style! If there ever is a game made of these- I'll play it!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38