The VG Resource

Full Version: Diddy Kong Pilot (GBA) Ripping Help.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings.

For some time I've wanted to try my hand at ripping all the character voices from the unreleased/prototype GBA game Diddy Kong Pilot. However, every attempt and method I've tried has resulted in failure.
  • I tried two different GBA emulators and messing with their audio channels, and I discovered the game runs all it's music, sound effects, and voices off of one singular audio channel. Apparently this is common for Rare's GBA releases.
  • A friend of mine attempted using a program to extract sounds/voices using a program, but he had no luck either.
  • The game itself has a "Sounds" menu buried within Options, but there's no way to access it as clicking it instead leads to a name entry screen due to the game being unfinished.
So I've decided to make a post here and see if anyone with experience on either GBA sound-ripping or sound extraction could help guide me in the right direction so these amazing voice clips can exist in glorious wav format.