The VG Resource

Full Version: Trying to rip the All-Out-Attack Portraits from Persona 3 Portable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So it turns out that nowhere online do full quality png's of Ken's, Aigis', and Koromaru's All-Out-Attack exist. I've only found low-quality JPEG's while everyone else has PNG's that I assume were extracted straight from the game. that said, I started digging into the game files. I'm rather certain that it's contained in the .EPL files under battle/cutin/. After looking at this thread for help extracting the .EPL files, I was able to get a couple of .RMD files. From here though, opening up the .RMD files with Amicitia only yielded the following result
[attachment=9248]
That's not very helpful. Not to mention that every single other .RMD file yields this empty result with the same number under Misc Nodes.

So basically, I have a couple questions.
1. Where are the all out attack portraits located? Is it in battle/cutin as I thought, or is it in another folder?
1a. As a follow-up, there are three folders within battle/cutin called mixraid, syoudaku, and syoukan. I'm fairly certain that the EPL files under mixraid are where the AOA portraits are located since the files are named "MR_Hex#" and then "MRF_Hex#" which makes me think they stand for Mixed Raid and Mixed Raid Female respectively.
2. Am I extracting images from the .EPL's correctly? In the other thread, the OP was ripping files from Persona 4, which may have a different way of doing things than P3P.
3. Is it possible that I need to find something else to view the .RMD's?