The VG Resource

Full Version: Mobius Final Fantasy Unity Studio no meshes display
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to extract models from the pc version of mobius using unity studio. After unpacking unity3dfiles in the hash folder and opening them, textures, materials are displayed but no meshes so i cannot extract them, any idea why ?
(11-14-2017, 10:46 AM)Sdust69 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to extract models from the pc version of mobius using unity studio. After unpacking unity3dfiles in the hash folder and opening them, textures, materials are displayed but no meshes so i cannot extract them, any idea why ?

Use the Scene Hierarachy and search for the first 6 characters of a texture name, then click the box next to the name so there's a check mark in it and go to export > Selected 3D Objects. Alternatively you could do Export > All 3D Objects (Split) and look through all the FBX's with Noesis and export them to DAE from there. If you need any more information here's a somewhat more in-depth post.
(11-14-2017, 12:25 PM)Hallow Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-14-2017, 10:46 AM)Sdust69 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to extract models from the pc version of mobius using unity studio. After unpacking unity3dfiles in the hash folder and opening them, textures, materials are displayed but no meshes so i cannot extract them, any idea why ?

Use the Scene Hierarachy and search for the first 6 characters of a texture name, then click the box next to the name so there's a check mark in it and go to export > Selected 3D Objects. Alternatively you could do Export > All 3D Objects (Split) and look through all the FBX's with Noesis and export them to DAE from there. If you need any more information here's a somewhat more in-depth post.
I took a look at your tutorial before posting here, when i try to open a file i always get this : 

[Image: 9hqqxgt.png]

There are no mesh files in the hierarchy
(11-14-2017, 01:12 PM)Sdust69 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-14-2017, 12:25 PM)Hallow Wrote: [ -> ]

I took a look at your tutorial before posting here, when i try to open a file i always get this : 

CAB-pr0703_"TEXTURES"_win might be an indication why. load cab-pr703_win for the model.
(11-14-2017, 01:14 PM)Hallow Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-14-2017, 01:12 PM)Sdust69 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-14-2017, 12:25 PM)Hallow Wrote: [ -> ]Use the Scene Hierarachy and search for the first 6 characters of a texture name, then click the box next to the name so there's a check mark in it and go to export > Selected 3D Objects. Alternatively you could do Export > All 3D Objects (Split) and look through all the FBX's with Noesis and export them to DAE from there. If you need any more information here's a somewhat more in-depth post.

CAB-pr0703_"TEXTURES"_win might be an indication why. load cab-pr703_win for the model.
Ah, so thats why thank you, i've tried searching for the model files but every CAB file ends up being a texture any idea in what folders they might be ?
(11-14-2017, 01:22 PM)Sdust69 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-14-2017, 01:14 PM)Hallow Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-14-2017, 01:12 PM)Sdust69 Wrote: [ -> ]I took a look at your tutorial before posting here, when i try to open a file i always get this : 

Ah, so thats why thank you, i've tried searching for the model files but every CAB file ends up being a texture any idea in what folders they might be ?

Just search for CAB-pr703 and move them to a separate folder and load them together.
(11-14-2017, 01:47 PM)Hallow Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-14-2017, 01:22 PM)Sdust69 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-14-2017, 01:14 PM)Hallow Wrote: [ -> ]CAB-pr0703_"TEXTURES"_win might be an indication why. load cab-pr703_win for the model.

Just search for CAB-pr703 and move them to a separate folder and load them together.

ok so i need to extract all 256 folders, then move all of the files into 1, and then i gotta search for the model i want ?
(11-14-2017, 01:53 PM)Sdust69 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-14-2017, 01:47 PM)Hallow Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-14-2017, 01:22 PM)Sdust69 Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, so thats why thank you, i've tried searching for the model files but every CAB file ends up being a texture any idea in what folders they might be ?

ok so i need to extract all 256 folders, then move all of the files into 1, and then i gotta search for the model i want ?

That's one way, but the way I'm suggesting is to use the search function in the hash folder and search for just those files since you seem to just want that. Example: Moving them all out and organizing them would make it much easier tho, here's how I have mine organized.
(11-14-2017, 02:05 PM)Hallow Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-14-2017, 01:53 PM)Sdust69 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-14-2017, 01:47 PM)Hallow Wrote: [ -> ]Just search for CAB-pr703 and move them to a separate folder and load them together.

That's one way, but the way I'm suggesting is to use the search function in the hash folder and search for just those files since you seem to just want that. Example: Moving them all out and organizing them would make it much easier tho, here's how I have mine organized.

Thank you for the help