The VG Resource

Full Version: A Custom Pokemon Style Sprite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well after my Fracktail sheet failed,I went into deep thought.After that I got a huge headache which made this little idea pop into my head.So this is basically a bug pokemon. It has no set name yet and no back pose (working on it xD), so I'm open to suggestions for a name and some crits for some improvement.

[Image: BugPokemonBox2-1.png]

UPDATE:
EVO 2
[Image: BugPokemonEVOBox2-1.png]

Once again looking for crits and a name.xD

BTW,sorry bout the deleted images.

Thanks for the help!
Needs fixing on that circular thing on the top of it's head :\

other then that, fine with me
The highlights on the upper-left side of his head should fit the contour of his head more. Right now it looks straight.
The sphere thing on the top of his head looks... kinda bent; I think it'd be better if you made it a perfect sphere rather than a jagged one. Now that I look at it again, the line art of the sphere is fine, but the shading make it look funny. If you pull back the shading 1 pixel to the southeast, that problem should be fixed.
There appears to be some sort of spike attached to the underside of the top of the curve on the back of his head, but it doesn't look properly outlined. It's probably too small to give it a dark outline, but it might look better if you darken the outer pixels of it.
That's all I can think of right now. Looks pretty good. Weird, but good.
I don't like the colors. Also, it lacks of contrast, especially to the darker shade of red (the middle one in your palettte). You may also want to use hue shifting... especially on that greenish yellow.
there's not nearly as much dithering as what you're using in pokemon style

i'd desaturate the red a bit too, it's taking away from the rest of the piece right now
Ok here is the updated sprite with your suggestions
Anyone think of a name yet?O_o
[/align]
The only other problem I see is that the shading on our right side of his head makes a diamond shape instead of curving along the surface of it. Make it contour just like the lighting, and I think it looks good.

Can't think of a name, myself.
How about Radiub? He looks abit like a radish, Genki ^_^
get rid of the dithering

use another shade if you have to
(12-16-2008, 06:37 AM)NOT1up Wrote: [ -> ]there's not nearly as much dithering as what you're using in pokemon style
edit: oh hello vuporshiek's post saying the same thing i did not see you there
(12-16-2008, 03:05 PM)NOT1up Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-16-2008, 06:37 AM)NOT1up Wrote: [ -> ]there's not nearly as much dithering as what you're using in pokemon style
edit: oh hello vuporshiek's post saying the same thing i did not see you there

sorry, I didn't see your post before

point still stands though
Made the shading on the head rounder.

lol Radiub.

Radiub
Radish Pokemon
HT 2'1
WT 50lb
Radiub is a peculiar pokemon.After eating so many radishes,it turned a bright shade of red.With its timid nature, it scavenges off food from leftovers from picnics.
Nice edit but as 1up and viper said is to take out dithering in generally doesn't look good you still got it.
Ok Ill edit the dithering.But since this is doing pretty well...

(Generic Pokemon Evolution Theme plays)
[Image: BugPokemonEVOBox.png]

Crits (or name) on this one anybody?
Too much dithering, and can you use some non-dark colors please.
Pages: 1 2